A deeper love I've found in you
And I no longer doubt
You've touched my heart

and it altered every plan I've made
And now I feel that I don't have to be afraid



Virginia stabbed her salad venomously, imagining it to be Draco Malfoy's head. They had entered the rather large and very expensive restaurant without further interruptions, until the naive woman at the door noticed whom it was and nearly screamed her head off for an autograph.

They all flocked towards Draco like lovesick fools, pushing her to the side. Even now, Draco seemed to be laughing about it.

Draco stuffed a piece of chicken into his mouth, all the while flipping through his copy of Witch Weekly. He turned the page, and then nearly choked. He grabbed for the nearest cup, which so happened to be her glass of red wine, and gulped it all down.

She leaned forward and read the page curiously. It seemed Draco was not lying. The journalists were really having a field day when it came to his 'mysterious redhead.' She scowled.

"They know," he said. He ate another piece of chicken and chewed it hungrily. "They know it's you Virginia."

"Where does it say my name?" She snagged the girlish magazine, skimming through the whole article. It was trashy to begin with. Not anyone with a sensible mind would ever believe it.

Draco pointed out a certain paragraph, and she groaned in dismay.

"I know you wanted to settle down and live a private life..." he began.

"I just wanted to be with you back then Draco," she replied honestly. "I admit, I regretted leaving the band at first, but every time I looked at Juliet, I knew she wouldn't want to live her whole life in front of the public."

"Are you so sure about that?"

"Of course I am," she sputtered, "I know my own daughter."

He nodded. "Of course you do Virginia. I however, know hardly anything about Juliet. I want to spend some time with her. Maybe I can take her to Muggle London or the sort tomorrow. Maybe see a play while we're at it. Do you think she'd enjoy that?" His face was gleaming with happiness at the very thought.

"Spending any time with you would make her happy Draco," Virginia responded. "You can visit her a few times every month perhaps, but like I said before, you're not taking my baby away from me."

She must have said something wrong, because Draco suddenly had gotten all quiet. He did know she was teasing him, right?

"You're upset," Virginia said, upon closer observation. "What's wrong?"

He sighed. "I missed you Virginia." Tears prickled his eyes as he said this. He picked up his napkin and dabbed at the barely seen tears.

Virginia stared at him incredulously. This was not the Draco Malfoy she was familiar with. Malfoys never showed their weakness... most of the time.

She frowned, folding her arms disapprovingly, "You're lying."

"What? These?" He waved his hand across his tear stained face. "I guess I am just pretending about that. Nevertheless, I'm not lying about how I missed you. I still miss you."

"I'm right here," she scoffed. "I can see why so many directors want you in their movies these days. I never knew you were such a convincing actor."

"No need to be so mean," he pouted.

Draco's attitude was scaring her by the minute. She moved her chair closer to his, then kissed him gently on the lips. The smell of alcohol passed through her nose. It was something other than the red wine, something guaranteed to get a person drunk with only a few shots.

She pulled back and glared. "Draco Malfoy!" she yelled, gaining more attention around the room than needed. "I can't believe you came to our date dead drunk!"

"I'm not drunk Weasley," he said in an arrogant tone. "Malfoys never get drunk."

Virginia pursed her lips, then shook her head. "You took that fire whiskey stuff, didn't you? I don't know why I even bothered with you."

"Virginia," he said coolly.

She shrank back into her seat. Maybe she had been wrong. But she smelled the strong stench of alcohol.

"Yes Draco?" she replied sweetly.

He meditated his response, then answered. "Why does it matter if I'm drunk or not?"

She bit her lower lip, a habit she never could outgrow. "It matters because you won't be able to make any wise decisions tonight."

"Who says?"

She got up and smiled warmly at him. "Maybe I should take you home. They have a fireplace here, right?"

"Sit down Gin," he said, taking her arm and pushing her lightly back to her seat. "We're here to talk so let's talk."

"You're angry now."

"Don't presume things you have no way of knowing," Draco retorted.

"But I can tell," She insisted, "Your cheeks turn a tinge of red when you're angry."

"Enough about me and my drunkenness, which I assure you I'm very much sober right now."

Virginia gave out an unladylike snort.

"It's true though," he replied indignantly. "Besides, we should talk about what we came here for."

"Fine. Start talking."

Draco seemed to shuffle through his coat pocket until he brought it out and laid it on the table.

It was a black jewelry box with an insignia on top.

Virginia recognized the box instantly and gasped.

Draco could only smile in amusement, "Our wedding is long overdue, don't you think?"

"Are we really going to go through with this again?" Virginia tentatively touched the velvety box, then carefully opened it to reveal the same exact ring she wore all those years before. It was her engagement ring. "I mean, we've both changed so much Draco. What happens if things don't work out?"

"I still love you Virginia," Draco said to her solemnly. "Even after all these years. We'll make our marriage work."

She sniffled, taking the delicate diamond ring and gliding it through her finger. It fit her perfectly, just like in the past.

"Funny," she sniffled, "to think that we're repeating events that happened over nine years ago."

"Has it really been that long?" He smiled wistfully back at her. "Those were the good ol' days."

An eyebrow rose. "Oh, were they really?" Virginia said, shaking her head. "So many insecurities back then. Too many responsibilities to deal with too."

"You have even more responsibilities now," he reminded her. "At least back then, there were the parties and... the intimate times we've shared."

She blushed. "Hmm. I guess you're right."

"Of course."



Not much was said after that. Virginia marveled at her ring, while hastily finishing off her dinner. Draco took a few more sips of his wine, and then got up from his seat to leave.

"It's getting late," he said, glancing at his watch forlornly. "We should pick up Juliet now and bring you two home to rest." He took out a silk money sack and dropped a few Galleons on the table.

Virginia nodded, dabbed her red painted lips with her napkin, and got up herself.

“Ginny Weasley!” A loud, boisterous voice yelled through the restaurant as they were about to leave. Inwardly, Virginia groaned. Now people were going to realize just who Draco Malfoy’s companion was. It was bad enough with the attention Draco got earlier, but at least they didn’t recognize exactly who she was.

She turned around, and gaped. The person ran towards her, dragging another person behind her.

"Sarah Lovegood!" Virginia said, mildly surprised to see the woman there.

"Oh, she remembers me Ted!" Sarah squealed to her male companion. Turning her attention back at Virginia, she continued to grin widely.

Virginia, on the other hand, was less than thrilled to see Sarah there. Of course she would remember Sarah Lovegood. She was one of the few Wizarding families that lived by The Burrow, and she'd usually play with her when they were little. That was before Sarah had gone to Hogwarts herself, and decided that hanging out with any sort of Weasleys were un-cool.

Sarah hadn’t changed really, which wasn’t saying much. She still had her untamed curly hair, which instead of pigtails, was replaced with a messy bun. She wore humungous glasses that hid her inky black eyes and most of her face too. Virginia looked at Sarah’s left hand and took notice of two gold bands there. She was taken aback. Who would want to marry Sarah? Unless it was arranged...

“Oh Ginny,” Sarah continued to squeal, hugging Virginia in a tight embrace, then parting away from her and eyeing her with awe. “I can’t believe I’m seeing you again, after all these years. Remember how you would come over my house, and we’d both just have a ball?”

Draco cleared his throat, making his presence known. He was not one to be ignored, even if Virginia seemingly wanted to be ignored by this woman named Lovegood.

“Oh my god! It’s Draco Malfoy! Does that mean you two are married? Where’s my camera when I need it?”

Ted, Sarah’s supposed husband, eyed Draco curiously, then glowered.

“Don’t get too full of yourself now,” Virginia hissed into Draco’s ear, once the attention diverted to him.

“Wouldn’t dream of it,” he mumbled back, smiling at the couple in front of them. He then put on his Malfoy charm, which he usually reserved for gorgeous girls unlike Lovegood. “Virginia never mentioned a Sarah Lovegood to me before. I’m guessing you were childhood friends before Hogwarts? Come, join us for a drink.”

Sarah, still smiling, shook her head. "Thanks for the offer Mr. Malfoy, but my husband and I need to head back home to our little ones. You can never leave kids alone without them causing a mess."

The couple retreated out the doors, and Virginia and Draco soon followed. "Back to my parents' place, I presume?"



Virginia nodded, then scowled. "Draco Malfoy, since when did you become such an alcoholic? It seems that all you want to do today is drink."

He grinned boyishly at her. "No need to divulge that fact to a lady." He gently held her left hand, admiring the glittering ring on her finger. "So I guess it's a yes then?"

She smiled at him. "Of course."



* * * *




Narcissa watched the ancient grandfather clock, which was dismally slow. Lucius had already turned in for the night, unable to bear with his newly found out granddaughter's antics and overall cheerfulness. She had to admit however, the girl did lighten the place up with her sunny disposition. Maybe it would be her that will let the Malfoy name shine once more. Well, besides the girl's father that is.

She smiled, thoughtfully watching the clock's gold pendulum swing back and forth. It had been the first time in years since she'd seen her son face to face. Of course, she'd seen pictures of him in the newspapers, and the simmering gossip that went along with it. Never had her child thought of visiting at least her, or sending her an owl.

"Stubborn like his father," she said, mostly to herself, with affection.

Juliet, who sat before the warm fire with an old book on her lap, gazed upwards at her grandmother. "Who's stubborn Grandmother?"

For some reason, Narcissa felt as if she should have been sitting on a rocking chair, sewing away with a pair of circular glasses at the tip of her nose. Being called grandmother would take time getting used to. "Your father dear, Draco," she responded after awhile. "He's stubborn, just like Lucius."

Juliet laid her book down against the rug and smiled. "Tell me about Daddy."

Narcissa played with a loose strand of her blond hair. Her expression saddened as she continued to watch the clock. "I'm afraid I was never a good mother," she finally admitted. "I bought him sweets and the like when he was a boy, and both Lucius and I indulged him with his every need and desire."

"You spoiled him."

Narcissa nodded her head. "I'm not sure when it happened really; when I realized I truly lost my son. I think it was during his fifth year when he began to rebel against Lucius. I remember seeing even less of my son, for he would usually lock himself in his room and perform a silencing charm."

She took a quick glanced at her enthralled granddaughter. She still sat on the ground. "Would you like to take a seat?" Narcissa asked, pointing to the stuffed chair beside her.

Juliet got up from the rug and moved over to the chair. "What happened next?"

"He must have forgotten to put the charm up one day. I passed his door, only to hear the most lovely music played on a type of string instrument. Then I heard my son sing..." She smiled lightly. "That really threw me off at first. Malfoys never sing, and the only instrument the Malfoys had ever played was the piano."

"What did you do? Punish him? Or perhaps Grandfather punished him. He probably broke Daddy's guitar."

"Guitar?" Narcissa said. "So that's what it was. She laughed. "You really shouldn't presume much Juliet. Whoever said Lucius overheard the music?"

Juliet frowned. "You mean he didn't hear?"

Narcissa shook her head. "I've already toured you around the first floor, right?"

Juliet grinned. "Yeah, it's huge!"

"Did I tell you there's an additional four floors as well? This place is called a manor for a reason, dear."

"Blimey! You guys are rich!" Juliet said, eyes big as saucers.

Narcissa sniffed, "Of course we are. We're Malfoys. You remember your pure blooded heritage Juliet. Keep the bloodlines clean."

Juliet had never heard her mother say anything like that before. Then again, she was only eight.

"Now, where was I?" Narcissa mumbled, thinking back to the past. "Of yes, I decided to confront my son. I was just too amazed to ignore something like that.

"I unlocked his door, then entered his room. He was at the edge of his bed, strumming that instrument which you call a guitar, and singing such a sad song. I remember him scribbling on a piece of parchment off to the side. I never knew my son could song write.

"Anyways, he must have heard the door open, because we quickly stopped and turned towards me, deathly pale and all. I just wanted to give him a hug, but Lucius didn't like me to show off any affection like that."

"That must have been hard on you," Juliet said. "I know my mommy loves to hug me almost everyday."

"She's a Weasley," Narcissa said. "They're more open to things like that. They don't have to worry about formality and the like. That pure blooded clan is an oddity."

"I'm half Weasley too Grandmother," she reminded her, slightly scared of the older woman's bitter tone.

Narcissa sighed. "Yes dear, I know. It's going to take some time getting used to having a Weasley for a daughter-in-law."


"Oh, Mommy and Daddy aren't married," Juliet corrected her.

"What?!"

"Yeah, Mommy left Daddy before I was born. They just met up a day or two."

"Do they plan on marrying any time soon?"

"I working on it," Juliet grinned.

She laughed. "You'd definitely get into Slytherin."

Juliet began to fidget with the tassels on the decorated pillow next to her. "I'm not sure if Mommy will like that. Everyone wants me to be in Gryffindor."

Narcissa nodded. "Well, in the end, it's your choice on where you belong."

"But Mommy told me there's a sorting hat who picks which house you belong to."

Narcissa looked at her, surprised. "She actually told you about the hat?"

"Of course, but do continue with the story Grandmother."

"So yes, when Draco saw me in his room, he sort of froze, then asked me if I was going to tell Lucius." She tittered. "My own child doesn't trust me. Sons are supposed to trust their mothers, right?"

Juliet shrugged. “I’m just a daughter. I wouldn’t know.”

“I never gave Draco an answer. He got angry with me, ordered me out of his room and all,” Narcissa continued on, slightly miffed with the memory. “I didn’t want our relationship to be worse, so I never told Lucius what had happened. I shouldn’t have worried over that back then. Turns out a year later, he becomes some music idol.”

She shook her head, a look of disgrace appearing on her delicate made up face. “It was Lucius’s fault for what Draco became, some performer for the ordinary people. He pushed him too hard to join the dark side.”

Narcissa quickly eyed her granddaughter. “I dare not get too deep into the politics back then. Dreadful topics, they were.”

Juliet accepted this explanation, only wanting to her more about her father.

“Do you know your grandfather disowned Draco?” Narcissa bit her lower lip. “Lucius was furious when he heard that Draco was a part of a un-classy band. Lucius was over the edge when he found out that Draco and your Mother were engaged. After that, everything got too confusing for me to keep up with.”

“What do you mean?” Juliet asked. “How did it get confusing?”

“It was only a rumor the Draco and Ms. Weasley were engaged. We assumed that the two were happily married, but something didn’t add up. Draco would be spotted on newspapers and the like, but no mention of your mother. It was extremely embarrassing to see him in photos with other women, showing public aff-. Oh, you’re too young to hear that part.”

Juliet frowned. “Am I really?”

“Yes,” she replied, “you are.” Narcissa eyed the glass of water beside her. She grabbed it and gulped it down. “With what you’ve told me before, I now know they never did marry. From what I could tell with the two’s interaction before, they are still very much in love.”

“I should hope so,” Juliet said. “I can’t wait until the three of us are a real family.” She yawned suddenly, reminding Narcissa of the time.

"You should rest dear," Narcissa said warmly. "Would you like to use one of the vacant bedrooms, or just nap on the couch?"

Juliet responded, "I think I'll just stay here."

"Alright Juliet. Sleep now. I'll wake you up when your parents arrive."

She nodded her head sleepily as she moved to the leather couch and laid down. Soon enough, Narcissa could hear the child's steady breathing, making her close her eye and sleep as well.



* * * *




Draco, and then Virginia, soon stumbled out of one of the many fireplaces at the Malfoy Manor. The two of them were greeted with a darkened room, the quickly dying embers casting barely any light to see.

“Where are we?” Virginia whispered, staying close to Draco as he maneuvered about the dark room.

“I think we’re in my father’s study,” he responded. He pulled something out of his pocket and whispered, “Lumos.”

"This place is spooky," she commented, eyeing the amputated animal's heads hanged about the walls of the room.

"Ah, I see we're in the game room," he corrected himself, all the while moving forwards towards the door. "We'll head for the study first, and if no one's there, we'll just go to my parents' rooms and ask where our daughter is."

"What if they're sleeping though, Draco?" Virginia asked, slightly perturbed at all the glassy black eyes of the dead animals staring all around her. She shivered, then ran out into the hall where Draco watched amusedly.

"If they're sleeping, then we'll just have to wake them. Otherwise, we could spend the night and wait till morning..."

"Absolutely not," she cut him off quickly. "Let's just get Juliet and go home."

He smiled. "Of course Virginia."





Virginia followed Draco throughout the dark halls, dimly lighted by cindering torches that hung gloomily against the walls. She took note of all the wooden doors, all having their own individualistic character. The carvings on the door was like a wooden masterpiece - each door depicting what seemed like a story that never was spoken with words.

"Most of these doors just lead to some of the major rooms," Draco said, slightly amused as he took sight at one door in particular: a knight figure's upper body being captured within a dragon's intimidating mouth. "As mother put it, it would be a waste of money and time to decorate all the rooms, especially since we aren't going to use any of them." He opened the door he was looking at, and within the room, a formal living room was shown. "We'll just enter through here, go into the hall, and follow that path downwards until we reach the study."

She nodded, tentatively entering the room. "Down the hall you say?" she asked, in awe at the realistic portrait of the present Malfoy family hanging above the mantle across from her.

Draco nodded. "We better hurry though, it's getting late. We wouldn't want to run into any Malfoy ghosts. They'd have a fit once they see your hair."

Virginia grinned, "Amazing how even our ancestors detested each other."

"I definitely don't detest you Virginia," he replied. A small smile was set of his face. He quickly turned away from her. "Come on Virginia. Let's get out of here. Even if I've lived here as a child, it still gives me the creeps." He shivered, just to prove his point.

Laughing, she grabbed a hold of his hand and led him out into another hallway. They seemed to walk for hours, until they reached a door labeled "STUDY" in gold lettering.

Draco took a deep breath, then eased the door open. He peeped inside and sighed in relief. Virginia shoved him fully inside the room and worriedly scanned the room for Juliet. She finally spotted her, napping peacefully on the couch.

Mrs. Malfoy stirred awake and gracefully stood up, sparkling blue eyes watching Draco as he entered further into the room. "I see you're finally back." She glanced at the clock. "Quite late too."

Virginia moved closer to the grandfather clock. "Wow. You actually have an antique Muggle clock.” She tentatively touched the polished wooden surface, and peered into the glass .

Draco frowned. “We may not agree with Muggleborns being a part of the Wizarding community, but we won’t cast out the fineries of Muggle creations.”

“Ah... I see.” She blushed. Virginia gently shook her daughter awake, making the small girl rub her eyes tiredly.

“Mummy,” Juliet mumbled, “Are we going home now?”

Virginia nodded, pointing towards the fireplace. "You first Juliet. And as soon as we're home, I want you to wash up and go to bed."

The girl sleepily stood up and walked slowly towards the fire. She contained a small yawn before she picked up a small amount of floo powder and threw it into the flames. "Weasley Apartment," she stated in a clear voice, then stepped in.

Virginia went up to Draco and smiled. "See you soon Draco."

He kissed her briefly on her forehead, then squeezed her hand gently. "Hopefully tomorrow."

She placed a quick kiss his is smooth, warm lips, and then calmly threw a dustful of floo powder into the fire. "Weasley’s Flat," she repeated. Closing her eyes and tucking in her shoulders, she stepped in, barely hearing Draco whisper her name.



Juliet was waiting for her in her room, arms folded and back leaning again her headboard. "Did Daddy give you that pretty ring?" Her gray eyes were one the diamond ring that Draco had given her previously.

"Yes, he did. How perceptive of you." Virginia replied as she tucked her daughter into bed.

"I'm not sleepy anymore," Juliet began to pout. "Please tell me the rest of... you know."

"I can't tell you the rest anymore," Virginia told her daughter gently. "Because the rest of my memories during that time are in a Pensieve.”

Juliet stared back at her mother, confusion written all over her face. “A Pensieve? What's that?”

Virginia tucked her daughter in and kissed her lightly on her forehead. “I’ll show you in the morning if you’re good. Goodnight dear.”

“Can’t you just show it to me now?”

“Goodnight dear,” Virginia repeated, eyeing her daughter sternly.

"But Mom, I already had three whole hours of sleep!" Juliet whined.

Virginia shook her head. "If you go to sleep and wake up past six AM, then you can get the Pensieve yourself in my room. It's in the closet. You've probably seen it before. It's that blue tinted glass with a silk cloth covered over it."

“Alright, I promise to sleep then.” She began to smile softly. “G’night.”

“Goodnight Juliet. Sweet dreams.”



It was exactly eight minutes before six AM when Juliet flung off her covers and raced towards her mother’s bedroom. Her mother was already in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for them. On the bed was the glass bowl her mother had talked about before, with a note beside it.

Juliet, the Pensieve I own is one of the latest that came out. All you need to do is look into the silvery substance and touch it gently. You’ll then be inside my memories. This is where things become slightly different from the past Pensieves invented. You’ll be watching through my eyes, feeling my emotions... Some memories I’ve deemed inappropriate for you to witness, so you’ll only be seeing the scenes I think you’ll want to see the most. Have fun! ~Mum

Hesitantly, Juliet pulled off the cloth and stared transfixed at the silvery liquid. Quicksilver came to mind, and as soon as she placed her forefinger into the cold liquid...




* * Past * *



This was it, she thought nervously. Excitement leapt through her soul, and her heart beat was faster than usual. Taking a few deep breaths, she calmly faced the long mirror and scrutinized her appearance.

"You can do this Ginny," she said to herself, twirling with a stray strand of curly red hair, then placed it in back of her ear. She smoothed out her green dress as an afterthought, her sweaty palms leaving a slight residue on her skirt. She bit her lower lip and tried to dry it by waving the skirt a bit.

"Oh Merlin help me. I can't do this." She eyed the lone window, taking in the empty quidditch and shining stars. She was tempted to just make a dash out over the window and run for it. No need to embarrass herself in front of the school.

Don't be a scaredy cat, her mind reprimanded. They're depending on you. Adrian, Sammy, Johnny, Tory, Draco... Show them your true, fiery tempered self.

But she was just quiet Ginny Weasley, a shadow when it came to the Weasley family.

Before she could do something stupid, she ran out of the room and searched for the other band members. Maybe then her doubt would go away. She was going to go through with this, even if it killed her.

"Ginny," a warm voice greeted her. She looked to the left of her and noticed Tory, in all her exotic beauty. Her dark brown, almost black, hair was twisted up and held in place with what she could see to be a ornamental diamond hairclip. The dark makeup was gone, and in it's place was icy white eye shadow and metallic light pink lipstick. She wore a two piece gown made up of iridescent white taffeta and glimmering silver trimming. The hem of her skirt revealed a silver layer of tulle, making the overall dress appear poufy and princess-like.

Ginny looked down at her own dress, which was made up of a forest green satin and gold chiffon. It paled in comparison with Tory's outfit.

"You're missing something," Tory said distractedly, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. Her dark blue eyes came to life suddenly and Ginny soon found herself being dragged by the arm, Tory holding on tightly with her white gloved hands as they both made their way down the hall.

"Slow down," Ginny whined, their high heeled shoes making a racket against the stone floors. Ginny wasn't one for such shoes; growing up with wearing mostly flat shoes or sneakers. "What's gotten into you Tory?"

Tory rolled her eyes, then shoved Ginny into room. They were in Tory’s dressing room. Tory turned on the lights and led Ginny over to a mirror. They stood side by side in front of the mirror, Tory grinning wickedly all the while.

"Tell me something," Tory began, "Do you see anything missing with your outfit? Compared to mine that is."

Ginny bowed her head down slightly. "Your outfit looks gorgeous and mine looks dull."

Tory tsked at her, although she didn't deny Ginny's statement. "Silly witch, you're not wearing any accessories!" Tory then pointed out her own tear drop earrings along with matching necklace. On her wrist was gold bracelet encrusted with diamonds. Ginny could only gape.

“You must remember my background Tory,” Ginny said weakly. “My family isn’t exactly rich.”

“I know that Gin,” Tory said affectionately, tapping the top of her red head playfully. “That’s why I’m going to lend you my emerald jewelry set. I think I have a ring, a necklace, and matching earrings. Let me just go check and make sure.” She walked to the closet and pulled out a velvet jewelry box on the top self. Walking back over to her, she set it on top of the vanity and opened it.

Ginny’s eyes widened even more with what she. “All that could probably buy The Burrow and then some!”

Tory eyed her curiously. “The Burrow? What’s that?”

Ginny shook her head in embarrassment. “Nothing at all. Just ignore me.”

“Aw! You’re so adorable when you’re mortified,” Tory cooed. She then took out a few bits of her jewelry and showcased them to Ginny. “Will these do?”

Nodding her head dumbly, Ginny took hold of the emerald ring and placed it on her right hand. “Wow.”

Tory laughed. “Let me help you put this on,” she said, pointing to the necklace. Ginny continued to nod as she herself inserted the emerald earrings.

“Marvelous!” Tory exclaimed once they were finished. She stared admirably at Ginny’s reflection, then patted the girl on the back. “Come on Ginny, we better get out there now. The ball’s already started I think.”

“Yeah,” Ginny said, getting out of her stupor. “Everyone might be wondering why we’re taking so long.”

Tory smirked. “I’m sure Sammy’s still getting ready.”

They got out of the room and were immediately met up with a hyper Sammy. Her brown hair was down, unlike Tory and herself. Her wavy brown hair had tiny pink glitter all over, and even more pink glitter on her face and shoulders. “There you two are!” she grinned. She rushed towards them, her pink embroidered dress rustling about her as she did so. “The guys are all waiting by the entrance. You two excited or what?”

“What kind of silly question is that? Of course we’re excited!” retorted Tory, giving her friend a hug. “Now you guys, we can’t screw up in there. If we do, then we’re screwed.” she said solemnly.

“Ha, we practiced too hard to mess up Tory. You just play that keyboard, and Ginny, you sing with that angelic voice of yours. I’ll be standing up on stage, pretending I’m not doing anything. Of course, none of the guys won’t notice since they’ll be taken in by my beauty.” She winked at them, then ran on ahead towards the Great Hall.

“She doesn’t look nervous at all,” Ginny said, amazed. “I’m so nervous, I contemplated jumping out my window and making a run for it.”

"And where exactly would you go with five crazed band mates chasing after you?" humored Tory.

Ginny shrugged. "Probably head for the Forbidden Forest and get eaten alive."

Tory cringed. "How... fun."

Ginny grinned, "I know."


* * * *




"It took you all long enough," Draco huffed, leaning against the entryway.

"All the equipment is already set up inside. We just got to get up on stage and perform," informed Adrian. "And ignore Draco. He's just pissed because he has to go home for the Holidays."

"But the plans!" protested Tory, as she walked over to the brooding Draco. "We have that small show in Hogsmeade during break. Can't you tell your parents you rather stay here?"

"Tradition," Draco said solemnly. "It's tradition that I go home for the Holidays and spend time with my parents." He scrunched up his nose. "And meet up with all the other relatives. I won't be able to leave Malfoy Manor. My parents will be sure of that."

“Guys!” Sammy groaned. “Johnny boy seems to have made his entrance. He’s up on stage, giving air kisses to all the girls on the room.”

Tory’s eyes flashed a dangerous blue hue. “Someone needs to hit him with that guitar of his,” she said icily, her heals turning away from them as she strode inside the Great Hall and made her way towards the stage.

Bouncing, Sammy followed here, along with Adrian who put on a warm smile. Ginny peered into the crowd, scared out of her mind. I can’t go in there and make a fool of myself.

Draco watched her, his gray eyes cool and calculating. “Shall we?” he asked, extending his hand towards her.

Closing her eyes tightly, she grabbed a hold of Draco’s hand. He chuckled quietly as he led her through the doorway. “Open your eyes,” he whispered closely to her ear. “Can’t you see how everyone’s enchanted by your beauty.”

Draco obviously was lying to her, but she relented and opened her eyes anyway. Her stomach seemed to be doing somersaults once she noticed quite a few eyes watching her curiously. Draco tightened his hold of her as they moved closer and closer to the stage. Ginny laughed, watching as Tory yank at Johnny’s ear for his indecent behavior.

“She’s very protective of him?” she commented. They both climbed up the steps and got onto the stage. She got into her position, which was up and center. Draco was a few feet away from her, grinning.

Sammy ran up to Ginny and gave her a quick hug. “Good luck girl! And if you screw up, just keep on going and pretend you meant to do it.”

She nodded, already knowing that fact.

“And if you screw up big time, we’ll just play our instruments louder to lessen the attention on you.”

Ginny scrunched up her nose. “Um... alright then.”

“And if you screw up big time, you have Draco to save your ass,” Sammy continued. Draco heard his name being called and winked at their general direction.

Sammy moved closer towards her and cupped her mouth by Ginny’s ear, so only she would hear. “Draco has the hots for you. Are you guys an item yet?”

“I don’t know.” And it was the truth. She really didn’t know how Draco felt about her.

“Well,” Sammy said, “Figure it out soon. You guys will definitely make a cute couple.”

Leave it to Sammy to make her flustered before their gig. “Sure thing Sammy.”

Sighing, Ginny eyed the crowd nervously. She wiped her sweaty palms against the fabric of her skirt. “I can do this, I can do this...” she repeated to herself. She reached out and turned on the microphone in front of her. Everyone else went into their positions. Ginny glanced quickly towards Draco, and noticed that he, besides Adrian, sat comfortably on a stool. The unfairness of it all! Her knees were going weak and she needed the stool more than he.

“As soon as Dumbledore introduces us,” Draco said in a low voice, we perform and blow our crowd away.”

Ginny smiled, despite the fact she wanted to cry all. Why she wanted to cry, she really didn’t know. She also felt sick, now that she thought about it. Seeing a crowd of masked students before her, all of them watching in direction, made her uneasy.

Was she really ready to do this? Did she even have a choice now? Why did she have to start the song? Why...

Dumbledore stood up from his sit and smiled, blue eyes twinkling with humor. “And now I present to you, your own fellow classmates, Wistful Bliss.”

Draco began to play the soothing notes of the song with his guitar. Adrian was drumming out a steady beat. Johnny and Sammy were both playing there own little part with their guitars, while Tory was gently pressing the piano keys. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Panicked, she looked towards Draco who just nodded his head. He played the intro once again, and the rest of the band followed.

She opened her mouth once again, and slowly, but too quietly she began to sing the words. Draco seemed to sigh in exasperation, because soon enough, his haunting alto voice joined up with her own melodic soprano voice. Gaining confidence now, she sang a bit louder until the words were clearer and more audible.

Here in the shadows
I'm safe
I'm free
I've nowhere else to go but
I cannot stay where I don't belong

Two months pass by and it's getting cold
I know I'm not lost
I am just alone


But I won't cry
I won't give up
I can't go back now
Waking up is knowing who you really are


Here in the shadows
I'm safe
I'm free
I've nowhere else to go but
I cannot stay where I don't belong

Here in the shadows
I'm safe
I'm free
I've nowhere else to go but
I cannot stay where I don't belong

Show me the shadow where true meaning lies
So much more is made in empty eyes




Last of the notes filled the air, and soon enough, the room was filled with hoots and loud clapping. Her heart was pounding excitedly, and shivering thrills ran throughout her body. She did it. They did it. Closing her eyes tiredly, she tried to calm herself and took a few deep breaths.

Draco introduced the next song, and soon enough, she began to sing. Her confidence was boosted by the second, and towards the end of their performance, she was no longer afraid.
Leave a Review