It seemed to be like the perfect thing for you and me

It's so ironic you're what I had pictured you to be

But there are facts in our lives we can never change

Just tell me that you understand and feel the same

This perfect romance that I've created in my mind





Time seemed to pass before Juliet's eyes, or more like her mother's, and soon found herself in an unfamiliar room. Everything that happened in between the first show and now was a total blank for her. Her mother's past life swamped her consciousness, until she found herself reliving her mother's life once again. Mentally, she knew two years had past since the band's performance.



It all came crashing down on her.

The fame, the publicity, the lies.

Did she really want to live her life like this?

The wealth, the pain, the mask.

Yes, of course she did. It's worth it in the end. At least she hoped so.

Ginny wiped her tears away and smiled sadly at her mirror. Her mascara left black blotches around her eyes, and her face was all red. "You need to be strong," she said to herself, as she got to work on making her face flawless once again.

A few minutes later, a knock came at the door, and then someone entered her dressing room. It was Draco, who had an indescribable look about his face.

"It's getting late," he began, his steps moving closer towards her vanity, where she sat silently. "We should get you back to the school soon. Headmaster is lenient enough to let Sammy and you leave school grounds within the school year. The least you can do is go back early to make everyone less worried about your safety."

"Draco?" Ginny whispered, brown eyes staring straight ahead at her reflection. She touched the cool surface of the mirror, and then quickly withdrew it.

He took notice of her reaction and watched all this with a quirked eyebrow. "What is it Weasley?"

She glared in response, which made him sigh. "I am mistaken. What is it all mighty Virginia?"

The smile she gave didn't seem real with her deploring eyes. This in response caused him to frown as well. "Are you feeling ill Virginia?" He broke the space between them and made his way over to her, feeling her forehead lightly.

"You're really warm," he mumbled, pulling his hand away.

"Your hand is just cold." Ginny picked up her brush and ran it through her curly red mane. "I'm almost done in here. You can go back to the flat and I'll just finish up with my makeup and wait up for Sammy."

"I'm not going without you Virginia," he said. He folded his arms and loomed over her. "You might get hurt or some crazy fan might try to kidnap you. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if something bad happens to you," he confessed. "Besides, Sammy already left a few minutes ago."

"I'm a big girl Draco," she raised her head a bit and kissed him on his pale cheek, "I'll be fine by myself. But if you insist, then you'll just have to wait while I go through my girly rituals."

He smiled haughtily down at her. "I have all the time in the world."

Ginny patted the seat next to her, and Draco gratefully sat down on it. "So tell me," she began, making the finishing touches on her fast. It was a waste really to put any makeup on, since she was going to take it off in an hour or so. But once they leave the building, she knew for a fact that they'd be swarmed with paparazzi. It was fun at first to have all the attention, yet there was a limit on how much one wanted to see their face on a magazine, or newspaper, or any other form public material. "How are the record sales doing?"

Draco propped his elbow on her vanity, resting his head gently against his palm as he faced her with his molten gray eyes. It was an un-Malfoyish mannerism, but as he had pointed out several times to her, he no longer was a true Malfoy. She wouldn't know how to feel if her parents disowned her like Draco's had done. It was unimaginable to her. Instead of his parents being proud of him for the band's success, they were embarrassed and most angered. They threatened to cut him off from the Malfoy fortune if he wouldn't quit the band, and so they did when Draco continued to sing and play his guitar around the Wizarding World.

"You already know how we're doing Virginia," he said lazily to her, smirking. He touched a strand of her wavy hair that came in front of her eyes, then twirled it gently around his smooth, pale finger. "At this rate, we'll be known world wide. Once Sammy and you are done with your schooling, we'll all be able to get bigger gigs, away from this place."

"Like America?" Ginny asked, the thought of going there made her all the more exited. If only she could finish school sooner... Just two more months until her freedom.

Draco nodded his head, this kissed the side of her mouth. "Yes, like America. And we could probably perform for some Muggles too. We'd gain an even bigger fan base that way. Remind me to run that by with the manager.”

“That’s a brilliant idea,” Ginny agreed. “Muggles use CDs, so we could record our songs onto that.”

He began to groan. “More recording. How... fun.”

She laughed. “All work, no play,” she said. She heard Hermione say that once to her brother and Harry. That reminded her to send the three of them a letter soon.

"Virginia, what's wrong? I can tell you were crying before." Draco touched her cheek gently, awaiting her answer.

How was she to answer him? If he knew what she was worrying over, he'd only get upset and possibly angry with her insecurities. She may look confident when she was in front of a camera, or even on stage, but behind the scenes...

Why did she feel that she was digging a bigger hole for herself? Instead of showing the world how she really way, this new Ginny, she felt as if she was faking everything. Maybe the true Ginny was the mousy girl hidden behind the shadows.

"Please tell me Virginia. You know you can trust me. I love you." His hand was still on her cheek, thumb rubbing lazily in circular motions.

Tears pricked her eyes. Draco hardly ever said he loved her. They weren't even officially seeing each other, due to the band's image. 'If they were single, more fans would come', so said their manager.

"Nothing's wrong Draco," she lied. "I love you too." She moved closer towards his delectable mouth, unconsciously licking her own lips before placing them over his.

He responded immediately, lips meshing together with hers. Her hands encircled his neck, bringing him nearly on top of her. He pulled back slightly and shock his head, eyes in a daze.

"Not yet," he said hoarsely, pulling away from her completely. He immediately stood up from his chair and began to pace around the room. He turned around suddenly, eyes accusing. "You're hiding something Virginia Weasley. Care to tell me what it is."

She pouted. "You'll only get angry with me. Call me ungrateful or foolish or the sort."

He rolled his eyes. "So you are trying to hide something from me. I'll find out sooner or later you know."

She shrugged. "I prefer later than sooner. Give me some time to think, okay?"

"Fine. I'll be waiting for you outside," he answered her curtly. He stormed out of the room and slammed the door shut.

It was foolish of her, trying to hide her emotions. "I'm rich and happy now," she said to her reflection. "And I've got someone to love." She nodded her head distractedly. Yes, she had Draco.



* * A Year Later * *



A swish of red hair. A charming young woman's face with a varied amount of freckles dusted across her nose and cheeks. Warm brown eyes staring straight out at the viewer. Pink painted lips moving to the words of the song.

Zooming out. Arms moving about passionately, legs moving around the set. A dark alley scene. A drummer in the background, head moving up and down with the music. Arms thrashing at the drum set before him. Another woman with exotic features at a keyboard, leaning against a dirtied brick wall. Another woman, a spunky looking blond dressed in a bright clubbing outfit playing a guitar. Another man standing beside her, playing his own guitar; his long brown hair dancing around his face.

Camera zooms back to focus at the first woman, a sweet looking red head, eyes now closed but mouth still moving. A shadow appears, darkening half her face. Camera zooms out again to show a stunning young blond man, guitar slung at his back with his leather strap. He steps into a puddle, black shoe and leather pants now having water beads gleaming with the light. The blond man wraps his arms around the red head who smiles serenely. She stops singing. It's the man's turn to sing to her.

Silvery eyes glance straight at the camera, captivating the viewer with the man's good looks. Music stops. Everything is still for a moment. Words are at the edge of the video, for that was what it was - a music video. The words of the song are displayed, then the band's name, Wistful Bliss. The screen goes blank. Done.



Draco looked dubiously at the screen. "I'm not so sure..." he began.

Sammy interrupted him. "That was so awesome! Ginny, you looked so adorable when Draco began to hold you at the end."

Ginny blushed, moving even closer from her seat on the couch towards Draco. He in turn scooped her up in his arms and placed her gently onto his lap. He still looked troubled however. "The question is, would the Muggles like it?"

Tory shrugged. "The sooner we get this out to the public, the sooner we get to see the people's response."

Adrian nodded. "I think it'll be a hit though. Radio stations, Muggle and Wizard kinds alike, have been playing our songs like crazy."

"I don't know..." Draco still said.

Johnny took out the tape and gave it to Ms. Anderson, their manager. "What do you think Anderson?"

She frowned. "I think it could have been better." The band mates, with the exception of Draco, protested. "But I also think it's good enough, considering this is all your first video. We should send it in now." They cheered to hear that.

Ginny smiled as well and kissed Draco on the cheek. He tugged at her left arm, fiddling with the special ring that was placed on her finger. "I love you," she whispered to him affectionately. He mouthed back the words to her. She couldn't help but giggle in turn. She took note of the watch he was wearing. She had given it to him last Christmas.

"You really don't have to wear it you know," she said, pointing to the platinum watch. I'm sure you could afford a much more expensive watch.

He chuckled. "Why would I ever want to do that when I have a special watch given to me by a very special person?"

Their lips interlocked, hands roamed around the other's body. Ginny squirmed against Draco's lap, trying to shift herself closer towards Draco's body.

"My place," he whispered roughly into her ear. She nodded in response, and they both Disapparated away.



Juliet saw no more of that scene. She suddenly was flung into another memory; one that didn't seem happy at all. It was a recording studio by the looks of it.



"Why?" he asked coolly, his silvery eyes looking at her with a bit of anger showing on his face.

"You don't understand! Let's just leave the band and live a normal life. Please!" Ginny tried to persuade him, but it was no use.

He hugged her tightly, and as he did so, he slipped his watch given from her into her hand. "You need to choose, Love. If you drop out, you leave me as well. If you stay, we could get married next spring, just like we had planned..."

Tears streamed down her face, "You cruel, insensitive git! Do you love the band more than you love me?" She was torn between what to do. She didn't want her child to live the life full of pesky reporters and other people always staring. She shivered. Her child disserved to have a private, normal life.

He stayed in place, his cold demeanor starting to appear. "Why are you doing this? We're famous now, and yet you still want to leave. Explain to me why we need to leave."

She wiped away her tears and glared, "You do love the band more than me. You love the fame, the limelight. You're already rich, and you had the perfect girlfriend..." She turned around and stormed out of the room. Goodbye Draco... It's for the best... She touched her stomach tentatively, as if trying to feel the child within.

He stared at her retreating back. The rest of the band members looked at them in shock. "She'll come back," he reassured the group.

What he didn't know was that it took eight years before he saw Virginia Weasley again, as well as the daughter he never knew of, Juliet Weasley Malfoy.




~fin

A/N: Story of Your Heart is finally finished. ^_^ You might be wondering what happens to Draco and Virginia in the future, but if you haven't noticed in the last chapter, Virginia had an Engagement Ring on. *hinthint* I'm not sure if I'll do a sequel. Is there even need for one? 0.o I have some ideas if I do it of course, but that'll all depend on the feedback. Also, thanks to everyone who reviewed! *hugs*

Please review?
The End.
Lillian is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Story of Your Heart also liked 207 other stories.
Leave a Review