Normally part of the "Pants on Fire" collection, but this was the only D/G mini in that collection, so here we are.

AN: For excellent lie detecting by Clarkie.

*~*~*

He was acting like he didn't know her like he did, and that was making Ginny furious. Granted, the first time had been a bit of an accident. She had not counted on the smells and tastes and sensations seducing her. She had not counted on him not remembering who he was and who she was. Then they'd sort of fallen into a pattern of forgetting. Forgetting who their families were at night, forgetting what had happened the night before the next day.

Currently Harry and Hermione were holding her brother back because Draco Malfoy had just said something vile about the Weasley family. Well, brown eyes narrowed. Ginny Weasley had a card to play today. She was tired of pretending. She was tired of him pretending he didn't like the feel of her skin against his.

"Funny..." Ginny said in a calculating way. "You didn't seem to mind last night."

Everyone seemed frozen.

"What are you on about, Weasley?" He snapped. There was something akin to panic that flashed in his eyes for a moment though.

"You can't treat me one way in daylight and another in moonlight. I won't have it. I'm tired of this game."

"I don't know what you're-"

"Don't lie."

They stared.

"Ginny?" Ron whispered.

"Stay out of it, Ron."

Malfoy narrowed his eyes. "You're deluded. I wouldn't touch you if..." He trailed off when she loosened her collar and tie to reveal a beauty of a hickey.

Ginny raised one eyebrow.

"Potter could have done that."

Ron glared at Harry.

"I didn't!" Harry squeaked while turning pink in the face.

Pansy Parkinson was regarding this little scene with relish. She knew the truth. She also knew how Weasley could prove it. Pansy caught the redhead's eyes and rubbed her hand over her ribs on the left side.

"Harry hasn't touched me. You have, and I've touched you."

"Have not."

"Then how do I know you have a birthmark on that pale flesh of yours over your ribs on the left side?"

Crabbe and Goyle looked at one another.

Blaise Zabini pursed his lips together but was still smirking. "Gee, Malfoy. That's quite true. You do have a birthmark just as described. How DOES she know that?"

Draco glared at him then looked at Ginny. She had a very challenging expression on her face. He grabbed her arm and started to steer her off to a more secluded place.

"Excuse us."

Ron and Harry started to block his path.

Pansy intervened. "They have issues to work through. Let them."

The shock of the possibility of truth to the rumors stunned them enough to allow Draco to get away with Ginny.

"Ow." Ginny snapped, pulling her arm away. "I think you might have bruised me."

Draco glared at her. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm tired of being your dirty little secret."

"I never said you were dirty."

"You imply it with every insult to my family."

"When we started this, we decided-"

"Well, I changed my mind."

Draco blinked. "You can't."

"Watch me."

"Weasley-"

"It's Ginny. You know... that name you breathe out when I suck on that spot where the edge of your jaw meets your neck."

"Don't." He closed his eyes.

"Don't what? Don't remind you of what you so conveniently forget in the daytime? I'm not satisfied, Draco."

"That's not what-"

"Not about that. I want more of you. I am not sated with just your nights. I want your days as well."

"That can't-"

"Coward." She hissed.

"Now, just a damn minute. This is a lot easier for you than it is for me, Weas... er Ginny."

"How so? My father despises your father just as much as yours does mine. My brothers and friends don't like you. How is it easier for me? Tell me how it's easier for me, Draco."

"All right. I suppose it isn't, but do you really have to go flashing hickeys and talking about birthmarks around my mates?"

"I don't think they care what I am as much as you might think."

"You can't do this to me, Ginny. Not now."

"If not now, when?"

"You can't..."

"Then I can't do anything to you. Ever."

"You don't mean that."

"I won't be a shadow."

Suddenly Pansy was standing there. "Look, I hate to interrupt, but, Draco, we know about you and the redhead here. Blaise and I discussed it. We don't care who you decide to hold hands with or whatnot. Don't be an arse."

"We?"

"Even Crabbe and Goyle. You're running dangerous low on subterfuge, sweetheart. We all know. We, your friends, don't care. We just want you to stop moping about, so let's let everyone know, ay?"

Ginny was looking at her oddly. "Why?"

"I like watching your brother, Potter, and Granger gnash their teeth, and your brother's sort of sexy when he's foaming at the mouth."

"Eww."

Pansy just snickered a bit evilly. "Nothing holding you back now. It'd be nice if you two crazy kids worked this out and came back to the group holding hands or something. I bet there'd be loads of teeth gnashing about that. Think about it. No more fighting. We all know. The Slytherins don't care."

After she walked away, Draco looked sheepishly at Ginny. He had no more excuses. She held out her hand and wiggled her fingers at him. Draco stared at her hand for a long time before he took it in his own.

"You know." Ginny said. "For our first little fight, that wasn't too bad.... considering your nasty temper."

"My nasty temper? Pot calling the cauldron black, I think."

Ginny just grinned.

"Well, if the Gryffs disown you for being my girlfriend, at least we know my friends like you."

"I'm your girlfriend? When did this happen?"

"Well, I just assumed-"

"And there's your first problem."

"Well, I would think anyone you'd let do what I do to you, you would want to be girlfriend to."

"Well, that does make sense."

"Was that a yes?"

"Yes."

"Excellent. Now if I can just avoid getting hexed by all of Gryffindor for touching you, that'll be fabulous."

"Don't worry. I got your back, Malfoy." She said in husky tones while running a bold hand over his rear end inside his robes.

Draco smirked at her.

*~*~*

end
The End.
Echo is the author of 10 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked And Knowing is Half the Battle also liked 1322 other stories.
Leave a Review