Normally a part of the "Short and Not Necessarily Sweet" collection of ficlets.

AN: Inspired by mynuet's icon.

*~*~*~*

"Well, well, well, what have we here?"

Ginny and Myrtle had been laughing so hard that they didn't ever hear Draco Malfoy enter the bathroom. Ginny had been coming by every so often and visiting Myrtle for YEARS. No one else ever came in this bathroom except her brother, Hermione, and Harry, and that was only when they had potions that were not allowed for students to brew. Ginny found once you got past Myrtle's tendency to be a whiner, she actually had a lot of great gossip.

"No boys allowed in here. This is for the girls." The ghost said snappishly.

Draco pointed his wand at her. "Back off, you filthy little spectral."

Myrtle didn't move for a moment. Then she let out a great wail, twirled through the air, and went splashing through a toilet into the pipes. Ginny pulled her own wand from her tattered jeans... which sadly did nothing for her figure as they used to be Ron's.

Draco spun on her. "Don't even think about it."

"Fuck off."

His mouth actually dropped open in shock. She-weasel had just said the F word! To him!

"Stupid prick. Myrtle's right. This is the girl's loo, Malfoy. What are you... a perv? Trying to look at the little girls having a tinkle? Trying to catch a glimpse of some knickers?"

His face mottled with anger. "Shut up."

She snorted. She actually snorted at him. It was rather unladylike.

"Screw you, you self-important wanker."

Draco actually flinched. No one, not even Potter, had ever spoken to him so. How DARE she!

"You... you... you..." He sputtered.

"Yes, ferretboy? Spit it on out."

"Shut up!"

"No!"

He shoved his wand into the waist of his slacks and stalked up to her with an actual snarl on his lips. "You had better just shut your filthy little muggle-loving mouth before I shut it for you. I am the prefect here, and you have been caught after hours out of your dorm. That is not allowed."

"And what are YOU gonna do about, pasty-ass? Myrtle's an easy target because she's too sweet and gentle, but I'm all spice and nothing nice. Plus, ghosts don't have wands. I do though, and I think I present a challenge."

"You wish."

Ginny twirled her wand in her fingers like a baton. "Care to see?"

"Just shut up, and get back to your dorm before I take points."

"Have them. Take some extra while you're at it. Now let's have a little duel."

"I'm not dueling you, Weasley."

"Scared?"

"Certainly not!"

"Then let's go."

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't feel like it."

"You're scared of a girl."

"I am not!"

"You are."

He stomped his foot. "I bloody well am not! You shut the hell up!"

"Make me."

She certainly was not expecting him to grab her and plant his mouth on hers. Though she WAS rather effectively silenced by it. Ginny's toes were barely gracing the floor. He had her by her upper arms and was kissing the sass right out of her. Her eyes were as wide as dinner plates. This she had not expected. Hexing yes, snogging no.

And it was a bit... nice.

Ginny closed her eyes as she threw herself into it and kissed him back. Sure, she was shocked, but this was nice. She figured she might as well go with it.

After a moment, Draco stumbled back from her in shock. His hand went to his lips. He seemed a bit shocked by his own actions.

"I..."

Ginny raised an eyebrow.

"Don't you..."

She waited expectantly.

Nothing.

Ginny rolled her eyes and tried to stalk past him. Draco grabbed her arm and spun her around for another go. She crashed against his chest due to the force of his grabbing. This time her arms settled nicely around his shoulders. His happened to take residence on her hips.

"Remind me to talk around you more often." She said between kisses.

"Shut up, Weasley."

*~*~*

end
The End.
Echo is the author of 10 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 12 members. Members who liked Enjoy the Silence also liked 1251 other stories.
Leave a Review