All of these wonderful characters, besides Jessica, belong to Mrs. J.K. Rowling. I would also like to note that I enjoy each and every comment that I get, and I do reply to them all. So, if you commented, check back, I probably said something back :) And if you do have a question or an opinion ... you can always feel free to e-mail me whenever you'd like, I'd love your input. And a huge special thanks to those of you who keep returning for me. I look forward to your comments! This ones for you.





Ginny awoke when she heard voices in the room. Two hooded figures were looking down at an exact replica of herself lying on the floor. He had told her that they would be using Polyjuice Potion on someone to make them look like her, but it still didn't take away the surprise of seeing herself lying there dead. That could've just as easily have been her, if it wasn’t for her helper.


“That's just Pettigrew,” he said, sensing her fear. “The spell will wear off in an hour, so we must move quickly.” He handed her a Death Eater robe and instructed her to put it on. “The entire place has a voice changing charm, so we won't worry about that, but we must keep moving, Ginny. If we are caught, we put all of our lives in danger.” He reached for her hand after she had the robe on and pulled her to her feet.

“We must be going,” the second person, who happened to be a female, said. Ginny allowed herself to be pulled out of the room. This seemed surreal to her. Was he really helping her get back to her family?

Once outside of the room, he let her hand go and positioned Ginny between himself and the woman. They walked a couple of feet before Ginny almost turned around and went back in fear. Up ahead, a Death Eater was walking towards her. She felt the woman put a strong, yet comforting hand on her back and push her forward.

“Anything on Potter yet?” Her Death Eater asked the passing Death Eater. He used a voice that she had never heard before, so disconnected and cold.

“Nothing yet. Hopefully, he won't show up, so the Dark Lord can let the little red-haired slut have it.” Ginny felt the man next to her tense up.

“Yeah, one can only hope,” the girl said quickly and the other Death Eater continued on.

“If you want to get us caught, keep acting that suspicious,” the woman whispered.

“Sorry,” he whispered back. They continued to walk in silence, and Ginny honestly didn't think that the hallway would ever end. The walls were the same cement brick that lined the walls of her cell. In a few spots, there was water dripping down to create murky puddles on the same cement floors. The only noise seemed to be their footsteps echoing on the walls and the swish of the robes as they walked. The wait was so hard for Ginny because she knew what was to come. She would be leaving and returned to her family. But the man on her left would be gone forever, and that made her heart ache.

Just when she thought it would never end, they turned a corner. They walked a little further until they came to a room. Ginny almost started to panic because the room looked exactly the same as hers. She thought they had brought her back as some sick evil joke.

“It's okay, Gin, this isn't your room.” He noticed her fear again. “This is where we leave you. This man here,” he motioned to a man in the room that Ginny hadn't noticed when they first arrived. “He will be taking you to your father.”

“I wish you the best of luck, Ginny Weasley,” the woman hugged her tightly.

“Thank you for helping me,” Ginny replied as she hugged her back.

“Be safe, Ginny.” She found herself in the arms of the man who loved her. The man she could never have. When she pulled back, he grabbed her hand and placed something in it.

“You're okay now,” he said simply. All too quickly, and before Ginny could say anything to him, the other Death Eater held her hand and they Apparated to the Order of the Phoenix Headquarters.

Ginny was surrounded by the arms of her father. After a couple of tearful minutes, he cordially thanked the man that brought his daughter to him and Ginny took a deep breath to collect herself. She was free. All because of a man who was pretending to be someone else. Pretending to be a Death Eater. Ginny turned her hand over to see what lay in it. She found a silver phoenix charm on a necklace.

The necklace that she received, Ginny later found out, encased a phoenix tear. She did some research, but there wasn't much to be found. She did find that there were only two made, much like Harry and Voldemort's wands. Only Ginny couldn't find the other one, or who made the necklaces. She wore it every day, though, keeping her savior close to her, only taking it off to sleep.

***

Ginny, only three months pregnant now, had a bump where her flat stomach used to be. It was beginning to harden and, even though it was small, she found it very hard to not rest her hands on it. Draco never mentioned the change, but she noticed him glancing at her and her stomach when he pretended to busy with something else while walking by her. Ginny was surprised that she could actually stand being in the room with him after such a short time. Sure, they would still shoot sparring words at each other, but it was mostly in a joking manner now. Surprisingly, Draco could be quite nice to her... sometimes.

This one day in particular, Tonks had sent Ginny home because she couldn't stay out of the bathroom long enough to get anything done.

Ginny was leaning up against the gold porcelain on Draco's toilet. His was the closest room to the stairway, and she didn't think she could make it any further. She was lucky that she made it to the toilet. Poor Mipsy would have a terrible mess to clean up. She had been dealing with a light morning sickness, like Hermione said she might experience, but this was awful. She felt terrible. Her entire body ached and, since this morning, she hadn't been able to keep anything down. Draco went off to work without her because she told him that she wasn't feeling well and would be on later.

Behind her, she heard the door to Draco's bedroom open, but she was afraid that if she moved or even opened her eyes, she would begin to retch again. She heard whoever it was walk over to her and then felt cool hands against her forehead. That's what her mother used to do when she was sick. Then, whoever came in carefully lifted her in their arms. Ginny allowed her head to rest against their hard chest. He smelled of spices. Must be Draco, Ginny thought. He always smells like the spices her mom used to bake with. She almost protested when he laid her down in his bed, but the silk sheets felt so cool on her hot skin.

“Thank you,” she whispered before she drifted off to sleep.

***

“Ginny,” someone was calling her name. Ginny didn't want to wake up, though. Why did her head feel so heavy and why did her entire body ache?

“Come on, Gin, you've got to eat,” the voice called to her again.

“Go away,” Ginny said weakly.

“If I had a Galleon for every time someone said that to me... well, I'd be me, but you get my point.” The voice was annoying, Ginny realized. Must be Draco. Ginny's eyes reluctantly fluttered opened to reveal him standing beside her bed. The white shirt he wore to work had a few buttons at the top unbuttoned and his tie was hanging loose around his neck. It was odd that he still wore his work clothes, because it felt like Ginny had been sleeping for hours.

“I brought you something to eat,” he held out a small plate with a couple of crackers on it.

“I'm not hungry,” Ginny mumbled as she put her head into her pillow.

“Yes, you are,” Draco sat on a part of the bed that wasn't occupied by Ginny and cleverly balanced the plate on his lap.

“Go away,” Ginny said, rather rudely. Her mother would've sent her a Howler if she heard the way she was talking to him.

“I can't do that. You've got to eat, and I'm not leaving until you do. Lucky for you, I've got a few days off to make sure that you eat.”

“Why?” Ginny asked finally turning her head away from the pillow to look at him.

“Eat this,” Draco held a cracker out to her, “and I'll tell you.” Draco smirked at her when she took the cracker from him.

“Damn cow,” Ginny crumbled under her breath.

Ignoring her remark, Draco sat so that his back was resting comfortably on her headboard and his socked feet were on the bed. “After she sent you home, Tonks came and got me. She said you were puking uncontrollably…”

“I was not puking uncontrollably,” Ginny interrupted, though her argument was weak.

“This is my story,” Draco said handing her another cracker before continuing. “I found you propped up against my toilet, and I brought you to rest here before I Flooed Hermione.”

“Why did you Floo Hermione?”

“You were sick and I didn't know what the bloody hell to do with you. I've never had to take care of someone before.”

“You felt my head to check for fever,” Ginny reminded him.

“I had no idea what I was checking for. My mother used to do that with me when I got sick,” Draco explained as he handed her yet another cracker. “Anyway, Hermione came over with that annoying brat of hers that attached itself to my leg the entire time she was here,” Draco said with disgust. Ginny tried not to, but the image of little Natalie clinging to Draco's leg was funny and laughter soon bubbled out of her lips. Draco threw a scowl at her, but was secretly relieved that she was okay. And not just because of the baby; he wanted Ginny to be okay, and that confused the hell out of him. “Hermione said you were sick and needed to rest, so I took a few days off. Not like they were going to miss me,” Draco grumbled.” And now, you have the pleasure of my company until you're well again.”

“What's wrong with me?” Ginny asked. “Hermoine said that I did have morning sickness a little, but I hurt now, all over.”

“No, it's not morning sickness. It's just influenza, or something of the sort. She said it could last a couple of days, or a week, and because of the baby, there really isn't anything they can give you.”

“Are you serious?”

“Very,” Draco said, frowning slightly. Not being able to give her anything for the pain she was in, made him feel something. Was that guilt? No, it couldn't be. He had never felt guilt for anything in his life. But he did feel bad for Ginny because she agreed to have a baby for him and, now that she was sick, she couldn't take anything to get better because of it.

“Is there anything you need?” Draco asked softly as he saw her eyes starting to close again.

“No,” she replied. “I'm just really tired.”

Draco nodded and stood up with the empty plate. When he got up to leave, she grabbed his arm. He looked down at her to find that her brown eyes were staring up at him in question.

“I know it'll be the worst thing that you have ever done, but can you just stay with me here?” Ginny nodded to the place that he just left vacant.

Again, Draco nodded. He set the plate down on the bedside table and sat back down. Ginny let go of his arm and snuggled up to his leg. She fell asleep to his fingers playing softly with her hair.

***

Ginny awoke to find her head in Draco's lap and his arm protectively around her back. She was glad that, even though her body still ached, she no longer felt nauseous.

“Mornin',” Draco mumbled as he put Ginny on the pillow next to him and stood up.

“Is it really morning?” Ginny asked. She could only see darkness out of his window.

“No,” Draco stretched. “It was noon when you fell asleep. It's seven now,” he said, glancing briefly at his wrist watch.

“Where are you going?” Ginny got scared that he was leaving her when she saw he was walking away from the bed. She felt foolish for being scared, though. This was only Draco. She didn't even know why she needed him to stay with her. She just felt safe having someone around.

“To the loo, and I need to change into my nightclothes.”

Just three months ago, she was agreeing to have a baby for him, based on a letter written from his wife, whom Ginny never knew. The conditions were that she was to stay here and have the kid, then leave. Now, here, Draco was taking care of her when she was sick, even agreeing on staying in the same bed with her. Allowing a Weasley to stay in his bed. How un-Malfoy of him. Was it true what everyone said? Did Jessica really change him?

***

“What the hell is the matter with you?” Draco asked himself as he splashed water on his face. He was getting much too close to her. It was making his body react in such a way that should not be happening. It reminded him all too much of when he fist fell in love with Ginny Weasley. He loved Jessica with every inch of his being... but did she honestly know what she was doing, letting him be this close to the one person he never though he would see again?

Of course she did.
Leave a Review