Ginny's day had gone from bad to worse in a matter of a few hours, and it could all be pinpointed to one instant.

She shook her head trying to rid her mind of what had happened this morning that had started it all.

Malfoy.

She inwardly grimaced as her mind repeated his name without permission.

How could he have ruined her day like this? What had he been thinking? Just who did he think he was, kissing her for the whole world to see?

Snogging had been a great thing.

Especially that thing Michael had done with his tongue. She giggled. But Malfoy had to go and ruin kissing for her forever.

There was nothing between them, so why he had done it was beyond her. Her humiliation would not have meant enough to Malfoy for him to even attempt to make physical contact with a Weasley.

So why had he done it?

Again she shook her head. All she knew is that she would be getting back at him very soon for it. She had already started to formulate a plan...

~:*:~


As Draco walked down a flight of steps towards the dungeons his mind was stuck on a certain redhead, as it had been all day.

Dammit Pansy. He thought to himself, fighting for control over his emotions.

It had been all her fault he had lowered himself to kissing the blood-traitor this morning. At least that's what he had been trying to convince himself of. Once he had caught Pansy snogging Blaise, however, he knew there was no turning back. He knew he had to retaliate, and he had seized the moment this morning when the Weaslette crossed his path on her way to breakfast.

The fact that he had caught her in the Great Hall only made his revenge that much more sweet. Now the rumors were flying that Pansy hadn't been enough woman for Malfoy, so he had taken a step up from her to start snogging blood-traitors.

It was all too perfect for Draco; he had wanted revenge and had not only gotten it, but served it to Pansy ice cold. He smirked at his own cunning, forgetting that it was pure dumb luck that ran him into Weasley in the first place.

He shrugged. After all Pansy deserved what she got. She could not have expected less from a Malfoy. If she had even thought the word mercy she had been sadly mistaken. I never even really cared about her. He shrugged nonchalantly. That was her fault and not his problem.

He had only kept the appearance of a relationship to make his father happy. Now that Pansy had cheated on him, however, Lucius would be cursing her and her family to the ends of the earth. Maybe he would even be proud of Draco for getting rid of her...

Draco's thoughts fell again to the Weaslette.

She wasn't all that bad. Draco thought to himself, truthfully. Perhaps I'll catch her again tomorrow morning...

These thoughts carried him past the portrait hole, where he murmured the password and into the private chambers his father had demanded he have. As he flopped down onto his bed and lay back to relax he thought that perhaps he might catch the redhead the day after that as well. Just to be sure that Pansy had realized that it was a terrible, no, horrendous idea to mess with a Malfoy.


~:*:~
Leave a Review