Ginny had always found her bed extremely inviting and comfortable. Tonight, on the other hand, was a different story. What was wrong with her? The day had gone by smoothly, except for her little spat turned therapy session with Harry, and she had gotten to see Draco. Plus, her veil had come. A gorgeous veil, the one she had dreamed of since she was little. So, why couldn't she sleep?

Ginny turned on her side and stared out of her open window. The moon's reflection danced across her face as she shifted again to find comfort. She finally moved a pillow so that she could wrap her leg around it and laid her head upon it.

It did not give off the same warmth Draco gave when they slept in this same position. Sighing she snuggled closer to the pillow. She gently caressed the ring on her left ring finger. It was a simple ring. For Draco anyway.

The band was made of pure silver and a princess cut diamond was elegantly resting there. It was by far the most stunning piece of jewelry she had ever owned. Draco had told her not to worry about it when she had asked about the price. He said, 'It is my gift to you. Don't worry about petty things such as price.'

He had said it easily, but Ginny had worried. Draco was used to having money. Having lots of money. What he didn't realize was that the money he had was only so much. Yes, it was a small fortune. Money he had saved up since he was young, for emergencies, he said. The flat had most likely cost quit a handful, the ring, food, her veil, the list went on. He had to build on that fortune. Of course, she had tried telling him that. He had agreed at the time did not want to do anything but continue his assault on her lips.

Ginny knew how easy it was to become in debt. Draco could not afford that, in more ways than one. Money had always been in issue in her family and she believed her experience with it might help him. What he needed was a job.

Of course that would be difficult. Draco was not at all experienced in the ways of Muggles and Ginny worried he wouldn't be able accept the fact that he needed a job, anyways. Shoving these thoughts from her mind she felt sleep finally claim her.

**

Draco groaned when he heard the door to the flat slam. Pulling the blanket up to his chin, he dug deeper into his pillow, trying to catch a few more moments sleep. His wish was not granted.

"Good morning, sleepy head!" Ginny said brightly from the doorway.

"No it's not, more sleep, less talk!" Draco kept his eyes closed and covered his head with a pillow. He felt the mattress sag lightly as Ginny sat next to him.

"Get up, Draco, please! I have to be home by five and it's already ten!" He felt her fingers sneak under the covers and trace invisible lines on his bare chest.

"Morning." He yawned and pulled her down onto the bed. She laughed.

"Draco!"

"What?" Draco placed a kiss on her soft lips and held her tighter against him. "So, what did Potter want?"

"Just to apologize for leaving me, I bit his head off. Then, it turned in to...something completely different." Ginny's head rested in the crook of his arm. "I accused him of loving Hermione and he does."

"Good for them." Draco said dryly.

"I wish we could be normal." Ginny whispered.

"Gin-" Draco began.

"A normal couple, with supportive friends and family, we wouldn't have to be a secret. It would be so much easier."

"Life isn't easy, Gin. I love you and that is all that matters."

"And I love you too." Someone's stomach growled noisily.

"Now, let's get some breakfast, I'm starving!"

"You are always hungry!" Ginny stood and walked out towards the kitchen.

"You are cooking?" Draco came out wrapped, carelessly, in a green bath robe and his bare chest peeked through. He looked delicious.

"Nope. I am calling the restaurant and having them make up some eggs and toast."

"That's my girl!" Draco flopped on the sofa and turned to smile at her as she dialed down stairs. That Muggle contraption was really brilliant, not that he used it or anything.

"It's coming. That Sarah girl seems to fancy you quit a bit." Ginny giggled as she sat next to him on the sofa.

"Really? You think I've got a chance with her?" Draco asked. "You see there is this pesky little redhead that just keeps coming around and talking about weddings and, well, it is getting a right bit annoying."

"Oh, really now! A pesky little redhead, eh?" Ginny stood up and walked towards the window. She looked down at the busy London street below and smiled, mischievously. "Does this redhead help decorate your fabulous flat?"

"Why, yes, she does," Draco laughed.

"And, does this redhead have an abnormal love for Muggle London?"

"Yes, yes, I think she does!"

"Then, Draco, lets go out today! Please!"

"Okay, after breakfast. I am so hungry." Draco stood up as the bell rang through out the flat, and walked to the door.

"Good morning, Draco!" Sarah walked into the flat with a tray of food. She was scantly clad in a tight black mini and a white button down. Her blonde hair put up in to two braided pigtails. Ginny snorted quietly from the couch. Obviously she hadn't been noticed.

"Hi." Draco took the tray and set it on the table before opening it and grabbing a piece of toast.

"So, what are you doing today?" Sarah made her way closer to Draco, who was to busy eating to notice.

"Hello, Sarah! I didn't even notice you." Ginny jumped up from the sofa in a flash.

Sarah whipped around and her pale cheeks were suddenly dusted with bits of pink.

"Oh, hi, I didn't see you either, uh, erm-"

"Ginny. It's Ginny. Well, it was nice seeing you." Ginny walked towards Draco, who had just finished off his toast and pulled his face down to hers. "Oh, bye, Sarah."

"I-I need...well the check. The bill...you have to pay it," Sarah stuttered.

"Oh yes. How much?" Draco pulled out his wallet.

"17 pounds."

"I have that here somewhere." Draco began surfing through his wallet and then pulled open a nearby drawer; finding himself three pounds short.

"Here you go, Sarah." Ginny pulled the money out of her purse which rested near the tray. "Bye!"

Sarah's boots clicked as she strolled out of the flat. As soon as she was gone Draco groaned loudly.

"Pointless Muggle money, Merlin, this would have been enough. It would have!"

"Draco, it's okay."

"No! No, it is not okay. Ginny, you shouldn't have to pay for anything, ever. I just thought this would be enough. It should have been." Draco fumed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Draco, maybe you should get a job."

"..." Ginny swore she heard a pin drop in the silence that followed.

"Muggle money is a lot different from ours it's-"

"A job?" Draco croaked.

"Yes, a job." Ginny tugged her fiancé to a nearby stool and made him sit.

"What would I do? I-I don't do anything the least bit Muggle."

"That's not true!" Ginny protested. "You live in this flat and you know how to do basic Muggle skills. We just need to clarify which ones you do best."

"Ginny, I am a wizard. I do not feel comfortable working amongst Muggles let alone having to degrade myself by following orders from one!"

"Draco!" Ginny screamed at him. "You can't afford to have you typical Malfoy attitude about this!"

"Why?"

"Argh, because you are poor, Draco, you...are...poor!" She emphasized those last three words before she stormed out of the flat. She was not going back there until he realized the error of his ways. Not until he realized that he was a selfish, arrogant, prat who had been spoiled since birth and a badly informed wizard who thought money grew on trees.

Ginny knew she was overreacting but she was just so frustrated. She threw open the door that led to the busy street below and as she began to cross the street she heard her name called, a screech of a cab’s breaks, and...darkness.
To Be Continued.
razzle_be_dazzled is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked She Said Yes also liked 495 other stories.
Leave a Review