Ginny sat at the table with the book wide open, sucking mindlessly on a candy cane. The library was virtually empty, besides the occasional first year scuttling in and out with a book or two. Madam Pince was running off somewhere in the castle since Dumbledore needed all the help he could get now, what with all the Death Eaters popping up around every corner. Ginny wouldn’t be surprised at the least if a bloody Death Eater popped up in the loo while you were taking a leak. Well, maybe a little.

Ginny turned the page of the book, still sucking on her candy cane. Her eyes grazed lazily away from the book and towards the window, which was revealing a picturesque surrounding of falling snow and a frozen lake. The forest was covered with a nice blanket of snow, which added to the whole winter wonderland feeling.

Sighing, Ginny shut the book with a small snap and walked over to the window. She looked out at it, her candy cane still in her mouth, now a sharp point at the end. She stabbed herself in the cheek and bit back a scream.

No students ran the grounds, throwing snowballs at each other or laughing at the good times. No; they were all gone. Holidays. She was probably the only student left... well besides Hermione and maybe a few Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. Her and Hermione were kept back for Order duty with the staff; watch over the school. The only ones left...

Well, besides Malfoy, who Ginny suspected was left back to make sure the Death Eaters popoed out of the loos at the precise moment.

Ginny clenched her teeth and took deep breaths. Bloody Malfoy! I hate him so much... I wish I could just - Her thoughts were cut off by a drawling voice behind her.

“Hello.”

Ginny jumped, her candy cane falling from her mouth, and turned to see - of course - Draco Malfoy. He wore a simple black sweater and grey slacks; his arms crossed lazily across his chest and his hair fell in front of his cool eyes.

Ginny only glared and turned away.

“Thanks,” Draco replied, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

“There is plenty more room in this library, Malfoy,” she said coldly, staring back out the window. “Move somewhere else.”

Draco didn’t only not reply to her statement, but he ignored it completely. “What are you eating?”

“A candy cane,” she replied, feeling irritated. Why isn’t he leaving?

“Oh,” was his simple reply.

She heard a shuffle of feet and a scraping chair. Her heart fluttered momentarily and then settled back to normal. Then she heard the clear thump of a book being opened. She spun around, taking one giant step and grabbed the book from Draco’s hands. “Don’t!” she hissed, shoving the book in her bag.

But Draco had seen the cover. He looked at her sideways, grinning. “Every Girls Teen Guide to Sex?”

Ginny flushed a deep crimson, clutching her bag close to her chest. “Oh, help me,” she muttered into her satchel as Draco cackled.

“Practicing your skills for Potter, are you?” Draco inquired, leaning his elbows on the table.

“No!” Ginny snapped indignantly, now very hot in the face. “It’s for... me.”

Draco’s eyebrows raised. “Oh, so you’re into pleasuring yourself, then?”

“Where are you getting all these ideas from?” Ginny shrieked, her face blushing even more if it was possible.

Draco knew he had hit a nerve and he laughed. “The book, maybe...”

“Shove it up your arse, Mal-ferret,” Ginny hissed.

“Hoo - hoo! Feisty much?” Draco sneered.

“Whatever... now, if you would be so kind - leave!” Ginny seethed through clenched teeth.

Draco looked thoughtful for a moment. “Nah... I prefer being nasty, if you know what I mean.” Draco grinned and winked.

“Disgusting,” Ginny spat, making a face.

Draco laughed, his head falling back gracefully. Ginny took note of his strong, handsome jaw and the way his eyes glistened in the light... Ginny shook her head roughly, clearing her mind. She shoved the thought into her mind that Draco had an ugly rough jaw and his eyes were always cold and full of hatred. Nothing more.

But maybe there is something more to him then what meets the eye, said a voice very knowingly in the back of her head.

“No, there’s nothing,” Ginny said out loud.

“What did you say?” Draco asked, looking curious.

Ginny bit her lip and shook her head.

“You said something,” Draco said pointedly.

Ginny - still biting her lip till she tasted blood - still shook her head.

“Well, I’m sure it can’t be that bad!”

If I tell you I am talking to the voices in my head, I would consider that bad! Ginny thought sourly. “Not like you care,” she snipped, turning away.

“It seems that I do,” he replied.

“Just shove it up - ” Ginny began, but Draco finished off her sentence.

“ - my arse, I know.” Draco grinned slyly. “Sheesh, Weaselette, could you honestly think of something new to try cut me down with?”

“Not like you have the best comebacks either!” pointed out Ginny rather heatedly.

Draco flashed a smile.

“Oh, you are just so perfect, aren’t you?” Ginny spat, her face grow hotter. “Junior Malfoy - Death Eater in training - Descendant of the Dark Lord - ”

Actually, no.” Malfoy stopped in her in mid-sentence, raising his finger for silence.

Ginny was left with her mouth open like a gaping fish for a moment and then confusion and anger replaced her features. “What? You aren’t a Malfoy now?”

“Well, of course I’m still a Malfoy, Weasel. But I am not a Death Eater in training or the Dark Lord’s descendant... as you like to put it,” Draco explained, leaning back in his chair with the ease that he knew he had domination over bloody everything.

Ginny rolled her eyes. “Right, I forgot. You’re a full-fledged Death Eater now! Sorry, your majesty...” Ginny bowed, rolling her hand as she did so.

“Cute, Weasley... cute.”

Ginny looked up to see Draco smiling broadly at her. “What?”

“You have excellent taste in under garments,” he commented.

“MALFOY!” she screamed, scrambling up and covering her chest with her fumbling fingers.

“It was a compliment,” Draco stated in defense.

“I know, but...”

“But?”

“You shouldn’t - or it seems you wouldn’t - be saying those sort of things to me. Aren’t those left for your floozies?” Ginny asked quietly, as though one Draco’s girls would jump her.

“Floozies? Where did they come from?”

“Don’t play innocent with me! Everyone knows about your little ‘outgoings’. My brother and Hermione both do rounds with you, Malfoy, and they tell all.”

“And where is the proof?” questioned Draco.

Ginny was taken back by the question. “I believe what they say...”

Draco shook his head. “You can’t go on believing what people say all your life.”

“Are you giving me advice?” Ginny laughed.

Draco shrugged. “Maybe.”

A comfortable - somehow - silence fell upon the two as Ginny tried to comprehend if Draco was giving her advice or just teasing her in another way and Draco studied his hair in the window.

“Well, it has been fun and I would love to stay - not - but I have other places to be,” Draco rose from his seat and stretched.

“Going to see if the Death Eaters came in the loo?” Ginny giggled absent-mindedly.

Draco turned around, a questioning look on his face. “Huh?”

“Oh, nothing.” Ginny smiled to herself as Draco walked away.
Leave a Review