Disclaimer: Not mine...

Author's notes: Only one more chapter to go! Enjoy! And please review!
******


Some,
Someday
Some,
Someway
I'll understand
I can’t stand to see you sad
I can't bear to hear you cry
You can't tell me what you mean
All I can do is wonder why

I opened my eyes to a place I didn’t know. There was light coming in through a large round window to the left of me. I slowly sat up and glanced around. I was lying in a large bed. The blankets were large and covered in rose designs of every shade of pink imaginable. The walls were painted a snowy white and the carpets matched. It was the most beautiful bedroom I had ever seen. I threw the covers off of myself and stepped onto the floor. I then realized that I was wearing only a sheer nightgown and underwear. I looked around, trying to find a closet. I found one at the southern end of the room—it was much larger than I thought. I walked into the closet and turned on the light. My jaw dropped.

It was the biggest closet I had ever seen. One half of it was filled with women’s clothing and the other with men’s. I grabbed a robe, hoping that the owner wouldn’t mind my borrowing it, and put it on. I walked out of the closet and was about to exit the room when I noticed some pictures on a cherry dresser. I walked towards the dresser and picked up one of the photos. I nearly dropped it in shock. It was a photo of Harry. He was smiling and holding a tiny infant in his arms. The Harry in the picture waved up at me. I sat the picture down and grabbed another one. This one was a family photo. Harry and I were standing behind two small children; one a girl and one a boy. They couldn’t be but three and five years old. As I looked at these photos my heart began to fill with a love that I had never known before. That’s when it hit me. I was dreaming. Everything that had happened with Draco had been a dream. I was still home, safe in my bed with him.

Then I did something very stupid—I slapped myself. When I didn’t wake up I knew—Draco had died.

Someday
Someway
With some need to cry
Someday
Someway
'Coz I wonder why
Someday
Someway
Maybe I'll understand you

I allowed myself to sit down on the edge of the bed—apparently it was mine anyway. I thought about standing in the quidditch pitch and talking to Draco. He had said that he wouldn’t see me again when I got back. Slowly, everything began to sink in. Draco had given up his life so that I could be happy. He knew that I would never be truly happy unless I was with Harry. He did the impossible. He brought me back to Harry and I loved him even more than ever for that. Then I realized where I must be. This was our home—mine and Harry’s. He had to be somewhere close by. I stood up, looked in the mirror, ran my fingers through my hair, and walked out of the bedroom.

After all you've done for me
All I really want to do
Is take the love you brought my way
And give it all right back to you
Someday
Someway
With some need to cry
Someday
Someway
'Coz I wonder why
Someday
Someway
Maybe you'll understand me

I ran into a large oval shaped room. It was painted in soft blue colors with mahogany rafters reaching up to a peak in the ceiling where a sparkling chandelier hung down. There was a white leather couch and matching chair sitting on top of an ancient looking rug. I looked around me and saw the biggest fireplace I had ever seen. It was made of a light gray stone that was filled with rainbow colors from the light that the chandelier was reflecting. While I admired the beauty I almost forgot what my mission had been. I suddenly realized that I had no idea where to look. I didn’t even know where to start looking.

I sighed and collapsed on the white chair in the center of the room. I was so distraught that I didn’t hear the footsteps coming toward me.

“Ginny,” said a familiar voice.

I looked up to see Harry Potter standing above me. My heart stopped. He looked so much different. He was still handsome, but his features were slightly older—a little worn from battle. Tears began to fill my eyes and I jumped up and threw myself on him knocking us both down.

Harry laughed. “I’m glad to see you, too,” He joked.

I ignored him and immediately kissed his soft lips—something that I had waited to do for nearly seven years. I didn’t want to pull away but I made myself look at him. Tears were now streaming down my face.

“I love you,” I whispered. “I love you so much.”

Harry smiled. “Did you miss me?” He asked.

I stared at him, confused. How did he know?

Harry laughed at my bewildered expression. “I know everything, Ginny. Draco sent himself back in time. He caught up with me right before the final battle and told me what was going on in the future. I will admit I was angry. I mean, he and I had been best friends before the war. I didn’t understand why he would sell me out to Voldemort like that. But, what he did for us…I could never be grateful enough.”

I stared down at Harry’s face and slowly pushed myself off of him. I felt something much deeper than butterflies in my stomach as Harry put his hand on my waist to help me up.

“Draco,” I whispered, tears coming to my eyes once more. “He loved me so much that he was willing…he was willing to… die, so that I would be happy.”

Harry was now standing next to me, ushering me back into the chair.

“I know,” He said. “I miss him too. But he did it so that we could have a future together; A future that he would have taken from us.”

I smiled. “He made it right. He knew that what he did was wrong and he went back and made it right.”

“He didn’t just save us, you know.”

“What?”

“He saved all of the Weasleys and Hermione as well. He also saved Luna. She and Neville are married now. They both teach at Hogwarts. Hermione is married to Ron. Fred and George even managed to settle down.”

I suddenly remembered something. “We have children?” I asked.

“Yes,” Harry answered with a smile. “Isabella Rose is turning six next week and James Draco just turned four.”

I sniffed. “What beautiful names…”

“Well,” Harry said. “You named them. Would you like to meet them?”

I simply nodded. Harry grabbed my hand and led me away from the spacious room.

You've taken it away from me
I've taken it away from you
I love you and out of all I'm true
After all you've done for me
All I really want to do
Is take the love you brought my way
And give it all right back to you

My heart was beating fast as Harry led me out to the back yard. The landscaping was lovely. Roses were everywhere. I stopped breathing when I saw two tiny people playing with toy brooms. My eyes began to fill with tears again as I watched MY children play.

“Bella, James!” Harry called to them. “Mummy wants to see you!”

I smiled widely as the children’s eyes lit up and they ran towards me. I bent down to embrace the two children. I kissed each of their heads and then pushed them away slightly. Isabella was lovely. She looked just like her father—jet-black hair and emerald green eyes. Ron looked more like me—bright red hair, but he also had his father’s green eyes.

“Why are you crying mummy?” Isabella asked in a sweet angelic voice.

“I’m just very happy to see you,” I said.

Harry and I played with the children for hours after that. We eventually had to stop because it was dinner time. We all sat down at the small table in the kitchen. After supper Harry and I tucked the kids in bed and went to our room together.

Someday
Someway
With some need to cry
Someday
Someway
'Coz I wonder why
Someday
Someway maybe I'll understand you
You've taken it away from me
I've taken it away from you
I love you and out of all I'm true
I cant stand to see you sad
I can't bear to hear you cry
You can't tell me what you mean
All I can do is wonder why

When Harry and I were changed into out pajamas we lay down in bed staring at the ceiling. There was something that I had on my mind; something that I wanted to do. But Harry didn’t seem to want to, so I didn’t push it right away.

“Harry,” I said after a while. “Don’t you want to make love?”

Harry turned over to look at me. “I wasn’t sure if you wanted to.”

“Harry,” I said quietly. “I haven’t seen you in almost seven years. I watched you die in the quidditch pitch. For months the only thing I ever thought about was that I would never be able to touch you, to feel your skin on mine, to be one with you. I love you so much. I need this now.”

Harry smiled at me and brushed a stand of my hair out of my face. He inched himself closer to me, already breathing heavily. He then softly kissed my lips and I opened my mouth beneath them. The last logical thought I had was ‘thank you, Draco, for giving me this’. Harry and I spent a blissful night together. It was out first time—well, sort of—and I knew that it wouldn’t be our last.

After all you've done for me
All I really want to do
Is take the love you brought my way
And give it all right back to you
Someday
Someway
With some need to cry
Someday
Someway
'Coz I wonder why
Someday
Someway
Maybe I'll understand you
To Be Continued.
Sloshie is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked A Second Chance also liked 292 other stories.
Leave a Review