A/N: These characters belong to JKR. They just have imaginary conversations in my head.
A/N: The characters are older and attending University Wizarding Level classes at Hogwarts. Slytherins are rich and arrogant, but not evil. There will be no mention of Voldemort, or Death Eaters, so this could be classified as an AU story.


Chapter 1

Ginny stared in the mirror at her outfit. She was taking extra care with her appearance because Harry seemed to have cooled off on her a bit lately. She knew it was natural for things to slow down after awhile, and they had been together for nearly two years. Ginny smiled when she remembered how they had started dating shortly after her sixteenth birthday.

She remembered that he used to tell her that he loved how she looked in this skirt and blouse, so maybe he would tell her again tonight. Grabbing her coat she walked down to the common room where Ron and Hermione were already waiting. She looked around thinking that maybe Harry was sitting somewhere else. “Where’s Harry?”

Ron looked at the floor and Hermione glared at him as she spoke. “He told Ron that he wasn’t feeling well and that we should just go ahead without him.”

Ginny sighed. “Maybe I should go check on him.”

“No. I told him that we would make sure that you had a good time,” Ron replied grabbing her arm and steering her towards the door.

***

Once they were in Hogsmeade, Ginny relaxed and enjoyed herself. They had dinner and drinks at the Three Broomsticks. When they came out of the pub, the temperature seemed to drop and snow started to fall.

Even though it was cold, Ginny thought that the snow made everything look so romantic. She found herself wishing that Harry was with her. But, in her heart, she knew that she and Harry probably weren’t going to last much longer. A cold gust brought her out of her reverie and made her shiver. “Hey guys, I’m going to head back.”

Hermione smiled at her. “I think that’s a good idea. I’m freezing. We can get some hot chocolate and go see how Harry is doing.”

Ron looked around. A lot of students seemed to be headed back to the castle. He saw Luna and some Ravenclaws as well as Malfoy and some Slytherins.

The closer they got to the castle, the colder it seemed to get. Before the end they were all running and laughing, racing to see who could get in out of the cold first. When they burst into the door Ginny stopped laughing and gasped. Hermione looked to see what was wrong and was shocked to see a disheveled Harry kissing another girl. She looked at Ron. “Did you know about this?”

“No,” he shook his head violently, “I swear it.”

Other students from Hogsmeade continued to pile into the room chatting happily until Ginny screamed, “What in the hell do you think you are doing?”

Harry broke away from the girl he was kissing and panic flooded his face. “It’s not what it looks like Ginny. I can explain.”

“Explain! What do you mean explain? Her shirt is on inside out, yours is unbuttoned, and your trousers aren’t even zipped.”

Nervous laughter broke out around the room as Harry looked down and zipped his trousers. The girl, who Ginny recognized as a classmate from Ravenclaw, was trying to hide behind a statue. “You’re Rhonda, aren’t you?”

The girl poked her head out from behind the statue. “Hi, Ginny.”

“Rhonda, you can go now,” Ginny leveled her wand at Harry and smiled, “if I were you I would move away from Harry very quickly.”

Ginny muttered a spell and a series of small fireballs soared towards Harry. Rhonda gasped and ran, while Harry ducked behind the statue. One fireball caught him on the shoulder and he glared at her.
“Damn it Ginny, that hurt!”

“It was supposed to,” Ginny answered before muttering another spell that set off a shower of sparks over the statue he was hiding behind. Harry jumped and shouted as hot sparks fell down on his head.

Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini watched as the scene unfolded. Draco smirked. “She should have been in Slytherin.”

Blaise nodded in agreement. “Most girls would have cried and tried to get Harry back. She is just extremely pissed.”

Draco tilted his head to the side as he looked at Ginny. “Is it me? Or does she suddenly seem really hot?”

Blaise nodded and they continued to watch the show until Draco noticed some smoke coming off of some nearby curtains. He walked over and used his wand to put out the smoldering fabric. Then he approached Ginny from the side, being careful to stay out of the line of her most recent set of fireballs.

Hermione saw what he was doing and walked towards Ginny as well. She heard Draco say, “I admire your tactics, but you’re setting the curtains on fire.”

Ginny turned to see who was talking to her and was surprised to see Draco Malfoy smirking at her. Hermione came up on her other side and tapped her on the arm. “Here use these instead.” Ginny looked down to see that Hermione had handed her a bowl of tomatoes.

Ginny laughed. “Thanks Hermione,” then she grabbed a tomato, reared back like a pitcher, and threw one straight at Harry’s head. It made a very satisfying splat when it connected with his shoulder.

“Damn,” Ginny muttered.

“What? You hit him.” Draco looked confused.

“Yes, but I was aiming for his head,” Ginny hissed as she threw again this time hitting him in the other shoulder.

“Well if he wasn’t trying to hide behind that statue like a girl I’m sure you’d be able to aim better,” Draco laughed.

Harry was busy dodging tomatoes for the next ten minutes. His classmates cheered whenever Ginny scored a direct hit, and booed when Harry hid behind the statue. When the bowl was empty, Ginny handed it back to Hermione. “I don’t suppose you have any more of those.”

Hermione smiled, “I could probably conjure up a bowl of eggs if you like.”

Ginny smiled and Harry stepped out from behind the statue. “Hermione, I can’t believe you.”

Hermione glared at Harry and pointed her wand at him. He jumped back behind the statue. “You lied to all three of us Harry. Why shouldn’t I help her?”

Harry poked his head out when he was sure that Hermione was not going to fire a spell at him. “Ginny, if you would just give me a chance to explain.”

Ginny crossed her arms and began to tap her foot. “All right Harry, explain.”

Harry looked at all of the people who were staring at him. “Maybe we could go somewhere private and talk about this.”

“I like this situation just fine thank you. Now start talking.”

Harry walked forward a bit and then stopped when he saw the expression on Ginny’s face. “Well that girl..., I mean what happened between us, it didn’t mean anything.”

Draco snorted, “Come on Potter, that line never works,” Several boys in the audience laughed and Blaise added. “Unless it’s followed by ‘Come with me I have a sudden desire to buy you some really expensive jewelry.’

Ginny smiled in spite of herself. “As you can see Harry, that line doesn’t work. Try something else. Try being honest with me.”

“What do you mean?” Harry looked truly confused.

“If you wanted to break up with me Harry you should have just done it. I know things haven’t been great between us for a while now, but I shouldn’t have had to find out about Rhonda like this.”

Harry shrugged. ”I’m sorry, Ginny.”

Ginny paused for a minute and stared at Harry. “Do you want to know what it felt like when I walked in and saw you kissing her tonight?”

Harry looked at her like he was waiting for her to continue. She looked at him sadly. Then she turned to Draco. “Do you mind?”

Draco looked at her. “Do I mind what?”

She looked at Harry again. “It felt like this.” Then she reached up and grabbed Draco’s face and guided him down to kiss her. It was a soft sweet kiss that set his nerve endings on edge.

When she broke the kiss and started to pull away he grabbed her, leaned her back, and kissed her until her body went limp in his arms and she sighed. He broke the kiss, smiled at the dazed expression on her face, and stood her back up.

Ginny took a moment to regain her balance. She had never been kissed like that before in her life. She looked at Harry who was clenching his fists while his face turned red. Ginny laughed and turned to look at Draco. “Thanks for helping with that little demonstration,” then she laughed at the absurdity of the situation. “good God where did you learn to kiss like that?” Draco shrugged and smirked while Ginny blushed as the forgotten audience laughed. “Anyway….. “ Ginny started to talk and then lost her train of thought. She looked at Hermione who appeared both shocked and amused. “What was I talking about Hermione?”

Hermione chuckled. “You were yelling at Harry I believe.”

Ginny shook her head to try and remember what she was doing before Draco kissed her and fried her brain. “Harry, let’s just say that we are broken up.” Then she turned to Draco. “I don’t suppose we could do that whole kiss thing again, do you?”

Draco smiled and leaned down to kiss her again when Harry yelled, “Stop!”

Ginny sighed and turned to Harry. “What?”

“Are you crazy? You can’t kiss him. He doesn’t care about you. He’ll just use you.”

Ginny glared at Harry and then smiled at Draco. “Would you mind terribly if I just used you for sex to get over this whole breaking up with Harry thing?”

Draco smiled at Ginny. “I believe I could live with that.” He took her hand and started pulling her away from the crowd. “Maybe we should discuss this somewhere a little more private.”

Ginny smiled and let herself be led off. She glanced back over her shoulder to see Hermione restraining Ron from chasing after her. Hermione said something to make him turn on Harry, then she winked at Ginny before running off to referee the fight that was breaking out between her boyfriend and his former best friend.
Leave a Review