Disclaimer: J.K. Rowling owns the Wonderful World of Harry Potter. I am using the idea of switching places from the Freaky Friday Movies, although this idea has been used in many other places.


*********

Star Dusted Reality

Three: The Games Begin


Draco awoke to the sound of someone snoring quite loudly, and after closer inspection, he came to the conclusion that it was Weasley. He growled under his breath when he looked at the side table clock and saw that it was barely 12:30. He pulled on a dark blue robe that was hanging on the chair by his bedside and decided that he would go get a quick snack from the kitchens. He quietly padded down the stairs and peaked out to see if anyone was still in the common room. It appeared to be empty so he strode towards the portrait hole, hoping he still remembered his new password.

"Where do you think you are going at such an hour?" he heard a soft feminine voice inquire from a large armchair by the fire. He squinted to see, realizing that he had forgotten his spectacles on the side table.

"G-Ginny?" he heard himself say as he slowly approached her. She was curled up in the chair with a massive textbook cracked open in her lap, her red curls pinned up in a loose bun. She smiled at him, her eyes searching his own. "Your eyes seem different, Potter," she noted in a playful voice, marking her spot in the textbook.

"Different, you say? That is quite impossible. They are just the same old eyes that I've had everyday of my life. Nothing at all is different about them," Draco rambled, hoping he wasn't making a complete fool of himself.

"Perhaps, if you insist they are the same, I'll agree with you. But in my mind, I will still allude to the fact that they seem quite a bit different," Ginny said with an unreadable expression. Draco raised his eyebrows questioningly.

"Might I inquire as to what is different about my eyes for curiosity's sake?" he asked, causing Ginny to giggle.

"Hmm...well, for starters, they are warmer. As though I could see your true essence if I stared into your eyes long enough. They were just green yesterday, but today they are almost cerulean blue with specks of turquoise and jade. I have never seen these eyes before," she explained in an animated voice, and after seeing Draco's puzzled expression, she blushed in the most adorable fashion. "I'm sorry. I suppose my ardor for details has run away with me again."

He shook his head. "No, I think it is an admirable quality."

I wonder if she knew that Potter was going to break up with her?

"Anyways, you never answered my previous question. Where were you off to at such an hour?"

"Right. I was just up for a bit of a stretch," he lied, hoping she would drop it and let him be on his way. She grinned at him mischievously, her eyes still searching his own. After what seemed an eternity, she broke their gaze and quickly gathered her belongings.

"I'm off to bed, I suppose. Don't forget that we are going to Hogsmeade together this weekend."

Ginny closed the distance between them and leaned up to kiss him gently. He cupped her cheek as their lips parted slowly. She looked confused for a moment, but smiled shyly when he kissed her nose affectionately.

"There is definitely something different about you, but I think I like it."

****

Professor Snape did not arrive for class the next morning and as the class began to get anxious wondering where their Professor was, Harry snuck a licorice wand, stuffing the entire sweet into his mouth. Earlier at breakfast, he had watched in disgust as his Slytherin peers enjoyed their hearty meals while he nibbled on what Malfoy had specified as his normal breakfast; plain toast and a cup of black tea. His stomach began growling in protest at once, and he was certain that if he didn't get a proper meal soon he would probably faint.

"Are you hungry, Draco darling?" the voice of his partner, Pansy Parkinson, purred sweetly. He looked up to see her batting her eyelashes violently. Harry racked his brain, trying to think of what Malfoy would say in this situation.

"I should think so, considering how awful those ruddy house elves prepared breaky this morning. It's a wonder how anyone can stomach that rubbish," he replied in his most Malfoy-like voice, hoping his first attempt to drawl would fool the girl. She giggled, her eyelashes beating at a dangerous speed as she patted his arm affectionately. He had never really been in a position to look at Pansy in close inspection. Her dark brown hair was neatly pinned in a chignon, and she wore a jeweled pendant of her house mascot on the collar of her cloak. He thought she would look rather lovely without all the makeup she had caked on her face.

"Oh, Drakeykins!! You are sooo refined! Do you want a bit of my cauldron cake?" she asked, holding out a small cake. Harry was so hungry that he had barely set eyes on the pastry before he had devoured it in one bite. " And you have the appetite of a werewolf...grr!"

Did she just growl at me? Harry thought to himself just as a very disheveled Professor McGonagall burst into the dungeon. She quickly silenced the room by holding up her hands to call their attention.

"S-students," she addressed them, her voice betraying her. "I'm afraid that Professor Snape is indisposed at the moment. Since he has not left anything planned for today, I've decided to dismiss you all."
The classroom erupted into pandemonium, everyone grabbing their bags and making for the exit.

"Potter! Malfoy! I would like a word," McGonagall called out before either of them could leave. When the classroom was empty, not counting the three of them, McGonagall cleared her throat. " Boys, I fear this might sound a bit impertinent coming from your Professor, but I was wondering if either of you has seen the Headmaster."

"No, Professor. We saw him yesterday, but I haven't seen him since then," Harry replied, giving Malfoy a quizzical look.

"And you, Potter?" Malfoy sneered at Harry before giving McGonagall a charming smile.

"Nope. Sorry. I haven't seen the old codger." McGonagall raised her thin eyebrows questioningly.

"Is there something wrong, Harry?" Harry made a gesture for Malfoy to quit, but Malfoy ignored him completely.

"Something wrong with me? That is simply absurd, Professor! Someone like me, with the entire wizarding world bowing at my feet. You know, I don't even have to try in my classes because no one would dare fail Harry Sodding Potter! If I ever get detention, I don't even have to bother showing up!!" McGonagall blinked a few times, her beady eyes barely visible behind a tiny pair of spectacles.

"Perhaps you would simply inform me if you did hear from him," she said, departing quickly in a whisk of black academic robes.

"Have you gone completely barmy?!" Harry asked while taking hold of Malfoy's shoulders to shake him. Malfoy pushed him away, finding he had more upper body strength in his new body.

"On the contrary, I am quite sane," Malfoy snipped.

"Malfoy, you can't just go about saying whatever you want ! I don't talk like that!"

"Oh, shut it!! Do you think I give a damn about how you talk?! Like it even matters. Did you see how she acted like I hadn't just been blatently rude to her face?!"

"It doesn't matter, Malfoy. Think about it. Doesn't it seem strange that she was inquiring about Dumbledore? And it seemed like she had no idea about our situation," Harry stated in a whisper.

"I could care less where your own personal Messiah is, Potter. He can go wank himself for all I care." Draco began to walk away.

"You should care! This entire mess is your fault!" Harry shouted. Draco spun around on the heel of Harry's dingy black shoes with a scowl plastered on his face.

"If you think you are going place the blame of this 'situation' on my shoulders, you are wrong! You are going to regret the day we switched places!"

"What are you going to do, Malfoy?"Harry asked timidly.

"You shall see."

****
"Hurry Draco!! We won't get a table if we don't rush!" Pansy shrieked as she dragged Harry hurriedly towards Madam Puddifoot's Tea Parlor.

"Pansy!! I have no desire to go to that ruddy place, especially with you," he stated, pulling his arm away from her disgustedly. She stopped in her tracks, giving him a wounded look as she fished around in her purse for a handkerchief.

"B-b-but you p-p-promised!!" she wailed, blowing her nose violently as crocodile tears started to stream out of her eyes like geysers. People began to take notice of the two of them standing in the middle of the cobbled walkway, so Harry decided it was best to relent to Pansy's wishes. He was afraid that he might be taking the role of Draco a little too far anyways.

"Alright, Pansy! Just stop crying." Pansy immediately stopped crying and smiled brightly.

"Hurry Draco!! We have to get a table."

Once they reached the parlor and were seated at a small round table, Pansy launched into a long story about her favorite flower. Harry found himself gazing around the small tea parlor, noticing all the frilly trinkets that adorned the walls and shelves. He thought about his visit to the parlor with Cho, but he didn't feel anxious now with Pansy like he had that day. Pansy was quite easy to be around because she didn't require a lot of conversation and she seemed content to prattle on for hours without his help. It had also become quite apparent that she was the only person that cared to spend time with Draco. All the other Slytherins kept their distance from him, only greeting him in passing.

"Mum thinks that it isn't proper for a young lady to adore red roses. She says that it is far too romantic of a flower," she commented, taking a delicate sip from her tea. "Draco, you haven't touched your tea."

Harry looked down at the murky contents in his tea cup, knowing that Pansy had only served him plain tea because of Draco's tastes. He quickly added a splash of cream and several cubes of sugar to his tea before glancing up.

"Don't you think that roses are overrated, Pansy?"

"Certainly not," she snipped. "What would make you say such a thing?"

"Roses are beautiful, but they are not the only flowers in the garden. What about lilies or violets? They are certainly just as beautiful as roses. Or even your namesake: Pansy."

"Pansies are a type of violet, you know," she added in a whisper.

"Of course. I've read that the juice of a pansy can cause a person sleeping to fall in love with the next creature that they see if it is squeezed into their eyes," Harry explained animatedly, noticing that Pansy was smiling. But her smile was different from the smiles he had seen previously. It was something he hadn't seen in her before; genuine emotion.

"Shakespeare," she stated quietly. "A Midsummer Night's Dream, if I'm not mistaken. I didn't know that you read Muggle literature, Draco."

"I didn't know that you did either!" Harry was sure that his mouth was agape.

"Mum says that Muggle literature is disgusting and inappropriate."

"Then why read something disgusting and inappropriate?" he asked, taking a sip from his tea.

"Because she thinks everything I enjoy is improper. Even what I want to do with my life is wrong." Pansy suddenly took on the look of a frightened kitten.

"Which is?" he inquired softly. She suspiciously looked around them to make sure no one else was listening to their conversation before continuing.

"I want to become an auror." She glanced up quickly to see his reaction, but was surprised to see that he was completely stunned. "I know I'm going for the wrong side, Draco. You always told me I wasn't cold hearted enough for You-Know-Who. I'm just a spoiled tart who wants to make a difference in the world."

Harry felt a pang within his heart for Pansy. He never would have guessed that behind the spoiled rotten facade, there was a genuine person hiding. She gave him a shy smile before threatening him with the Cruciatus curse if he ever told anyone about her secret ambitions. They finished their tea quickly and decided to go window shopping for the remainder of the time left in Hogsmeade.

Harry was enjoying their casual conversation when they walked by a small boutique and he spied a flash of red hair through the window. He peaked in to see Ginny looking at a set of expensive dress robes.

"Ooo! It's She-Weasel! Let's go taunt her!" Pansy exclaimed, pulling Harry into the store. Ginny looked up from the robe she was admiring when the bell rang and Pansy shuffled into the store followed by Harry.

"Isn't that robe a little pricey for you, Weaselette?" Pansy asked in a sing-song voice.

"Isn't that robe a little small for you?" Ginny replied viciously, pointing at the black robe Pansy was wearing.

"Shut it, you bint! Where's your little boy friend, Pottey Face? Scare him off, did you?"

Just then, Draco came out from the dressing room wearing a pricey blue designer robe.

"Shove off, Pansy!" he exclaimed when he saw the pair. "We're shopping together and you're spoiling our precious time." Draco gracefully walked the distance between himself and Ginny, pulling her close to him. Harry noticed that Ginny had several shopping bags from the other stores in Hogsmeade by her feet. He knew that Draco didn't have access to his own wealth because of obvious reasons.

"Say, Potter. Where did you get the money for all that stuff?" Harry asked carefully. Ginny snorted, angered by his audacity.

"What is it with you people?! Just because you have everything handed to you on a silver platter while normal wizards are actually working for their galleons!" Draco kissed the top of Ginny's head affectionately before holding his hand up to silence her.

"It's alright, Ginny," he said in his sweetest voice. "I don't mind divulging to Malfoy here that I stash all of my money under my mattress and I decided it was time to spend it."

****
Draco spent the entire day on Saturday shopping with Ginny. He purchased everything from brand new designer school robes, contact lenses for the modern witch or wizard, a plethora of grooming supplies, to a proper set of quills.

After they returned, Draco found himself rummaging through Harry's medicine cabinet, collecting bottles of goop and salve. Once he had everything he needed, he locked himself in the bathroom and began his revenge.

First, he trimmed his unruly hair with a pair of magical scissors to a more manageable length, black snippets of hair flying every which way. Then he added a few highlights with a simple hair charm and gelled his hair back in true Malfoy fashion. He tossed Potter's hideous glasses out and put in his new contacts lenses with a great deal of trouble. He whitened his teeth, plucked his eyebrows, and spritzed himself in the new Wizard cologne line he purchased. He dressed in his new attire quickly, noticing how it really did feel different to be wearing a designer label. Draco turned to look at the full length mirror on the door, just as his new roommates entered.

"Wow, Harry! You clean up real nice. Have a hot date with Weasley's little sis, eh?" Seamus nudged Draco in the ribs playfully and he fought the urge to scowl at the inappropriate contact. He saw Weasley, who had been rummaging through his trunk, stop and look at Draco's new appearance.

"You look like Malfoy, Har." Draco smiled evilly.

Of course I look like Malfoy, you pillock. I AM Malfoy!

"Well, boys. I'm off to find that lovely redhead that I call mine," Draco said, winking at Weasley suggestively.

"Keep your hands to yourself, Potter! She's still my baby sister!" Ron shouted out the door. Neville turned to Seamus with a look of confusion.

"I thought that Harry didn't like Ginny anymore. Why would he be all dressed up for her?"

"Perhaps he is finally going to let her down and he wanted to make it appear as though he cares," Seamus suggested, pulling a sack of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans out to munch on.

"But why go through all the trouble if he is just breaking up with her?" Neville asked. Seamus made a noise like he was going to hurl, before swallowing hard.

"Ugg! Toenail Fungus! The ways of heart are far too complicated for us to ponder, Neville."
********************************
A/N: I apologize that this took so long for me to post. I was busy working away from home and didn't have access to my computer. I'll post the next chapter ASAP! Thanks for all the reviews.
Leave a Review