Prologue: Narcissa’s Scheme

Narcissa Malfoy was a woman on a mission. She knew her son, Draco, was unhappy and she thought she knew just what he needed: a good woman. However, after observing him go through a string of women like he went through Chocolate Frogs when he was a child, she had decided perhaps the problem lay in him.


Draco Malfoy, despite his past, which had been cleaned up by a pricey Publicist after the war, was one of the most eligible bachelors in all of Wizarding Europe. He was certainly the most handsome, in her humble and unbiased opinion. He dated attractive young women from good, pureblood families. But the women he dated never stayed around long. Draco would claim some insipid reason or another but Narcissa was getting tired of it. She wanted to see her son settled and married. Narcissa Malfoy wanted grandchildren.


Draco was twenty-seven. Most of his fellow Hogwarts classmates had married. Gregory Goyle had married a Ravenclaw whose name Narcissa could never remember. Blaise Zabini had married Pansy Parkinson. Vincent Crabbe had found a bride in the fairly unattractive but sweet Eloise Midgen. Why, even that Ron Weasley had married! She felt it an outrage that Draco was not yet married and could not seem to keep a relationship going.


Narcissa Malfoy had a plan. She knew how Vincent Crabbe— and quite a few other young men— had landed their wives. They’d hired what was called a “date doctor.” This Date Doctor had counseling sessions and ‘mock-dates’ with the young men to help them work on their courting skills. This particular date doctor had also counseled female clientele, and had a male counterpart who took them on dates to teach etiquette, flirting techniques, and etcetera.


She never would have thought of it, given whom the date doctor was, but she was getting desperate. She also looked forward to the day Draco had his own house and his own family and she would be free to have the house to herself and do some traveling with a… companion.



xxx



Ginevra Weasley looked over the files her secretary had left on her desk. She also had a stack of mail to go through. But the owl she’d received earlier in the day was still heavy on her mind. It had shocked her, to be sure, and she wasn’t quite sure how to approach this.


She’d received an owl from Narcissa Malfoy, requesting that she counsel and help Draco. Narcissa seemed concerned that her son was not doing something right because he was not yet married and his relationships never seemed to last long.


‘Maybe that’s because he has his fun with them for one night, then moves on,’ she’d thought, recalling all the pictures in the society pages of Draco with various women on his arm. ‘But, I’m not supposed to be judgmental. I am supposed to help.’


She needed to send a reply. Mrs. Malfoy had sent the letter posted as urgent and wanted an answer right away. She was willing to pay three times Ginny’s normal fee. Ginny didn’t need the money. She did fine on her own. However, it certainly couldn’t hurt. She was currently saving for a down-payment on a charming house in the countryside. She could use that extra money to finish off the twenty-five percent she wanted to put down on the house.


She carefully penned a reply in her most elegant cursive, agreeing to take Draco as a client. She hoped she was making the right decision. She normally dealt with socially-challenged, shy men who were uncomfortable around women and needed encouragement. She knew Draco Malfoy did not fit into this category.


‘Oh well,’ she shrugged. ‘I could use a challenge.’ And a challenge this definitely would be.



-----

A/N: I am nearly done with Turning the Tables (2 more chapters, 1 nearly finished.) I accidentally deleted what I had of the next chapter of Exodus but I only foresee 2, maybe 3, more chapters for it. And this is just fluffy fun, so I should update it regularly.
Leave a Review