A magnificent grand piano fell from the top of the archway into the Great Hall. Several first years screamed into their cereal. Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley looked up from their plates.

“You know,” said Ron, “I think I’ve reached a point where nothing at Hogwarts can surprise me.”

“What a waste of a good Bechstein Grand,” Hermione trilled.

Harry Potter was too busy slyly sneaking looks at Cho Chang to really participate in the conversation. Even though he had been going out with Ginny Weasley for a month, he couldn’t help noticing Cho’s meaningful glances…

Across the table, Ginny raised one eyebrow at her boyfriend’s expression. He looked as if he was about to choke. She knew he was staring at Cho Chang, and was surprised by how little she cared. He was getting more boring than she thought possible, and now would be the perfect time to finish whatever they had with as little harm to each other as was possible. She could branch out; there were decent boys in other houses as well after all…

Draco Malfoy swept past the Gryffindor table with a murderous look on his gorgeous face. If only he wasn’t such a jerk, thought Ginny…

@@@


Draco slumped into his chair in the Slytherin common room.

“Darn.”

Harry Potter’s assassination had got off to a bad start… he was sure the piano thing would have worked. But then again, he had forgotten the old Malfoy saying: Always check where the Gryffindor will enter the Great Hall before positioning your piano. This motto had perplexed him for a while in his youth, but now its shining wisdom shone through. It really is amazing how much foresight his ancestors must have possessed. Actually, come to think about it, it was not surprising at all; of course his ancestors would all have been stand-up fellows. Fair enough, this plan had been a stab in the dark. But he had until the end of the term, after all.



Of course, Potter was not the only thing on his mind. He had a Quidditch match to prepare for, he reminded himself, and he was not going to lose to Hufflepuff. Draco avoided Pansy Parkinson's yearning glances and sauntered off to Snape's office to book a practice.



On his way, he mused that, though his assassination must wait, Harry Potter was still a bit of an issue. Now, having learnt his valuable lesson, he turned to the ancient Malfoy wisdom for guidance and the like. His ancestors were also well versed in the art of gardening, a skill which he had yet to find a use for... He would write to his father about the Rufulus Oldriges interyesting giyde to bewytchying your horticulture, which was in their library at home.



Snape had proved to be very receptive to his request that the Gryffindors be thrown off the pitch, and signed an elaborate green slip to show to Madame Hooch. As Draco kicked off, and felt all his Harry Potter related troubles go away, he deliberated on more important (self-oriented) matters, namely, the disappointing lack of amazingly beautiful girls falling at his feet. His sex life had never looked worse, and he was going to have to do something about it. He might even branch out... There were other houses for a reason, after all...


Author's note: please review, they make my day :)
Oh, and I responded to all previous reviews, because I am a nice person... ;)
Leave a Review