The High Life


She was mad, he decided. Absolutely flat out, bug shagging crazy! He was a Malfoy and Malfoys were renowned for their skills in all areas. She, of all people, should know that! He was, after all, the best Auror the Ministry had in its employ. Of course he could handle this of all things. But no! She, his lovely partner, he thought sarcastically, doubted him. He was completely capable of fulfilling his duty as – what the hell was the bugger doing now?

Draco vigilantly followed his target, who was moving erratically and at great speed. He was forced to duck behind the wall as an unknown projectile come flying towards him. High pitched, maniacal laughter met Draco’s ears as he wrenched himself to his feet, determined to acquire his target and get the hell out of here. And of course, he was determined to prove Ginny wrong. He most certainly did not need her help.

He cringed as he relocated his clearly deranged target about to poke what appeared to be a magically altered Venus Fly Trap. It was times like these that Draco really wished he hadn’t backed the Magically Modified Vegetation Act. After only a moment of contemplating letting the bugger be devoured by the plant, he gathered his courage, rushing towards his target. Panic began to course through him as the giant, menacing leaves began to close. If he didn’t recover that target unharmed, no matter how hostile the little monster was, Ginny would do something extremely uncomfortable to his bits, and really, it would be a shame for the Malfoy line to end with him. With a final surge of speed, Draco grabbed his target's arm, pulling him away from the volatile plant.

Draco dropped a pen and papers in front of his target, sitting across from him silently, waiting for him to make the first move. His target simply grinned back at him in a most unsettling manner.

Later, while leading his target through the labyrinth that was the corridors of Malfoy Manor, Draco pondered what Ginny would make of his success. Him? Unable to deal with kids? Huh! It was laughable.

An hour later, Draco slumped down on the couch exhausted as his nephew proceeded to jump all over him. He decided that maybe, just maybe, giving caffeine and sugar lollies to a toddler was perhaps not the greatest idea he had ever come up with. Of course, he wouldn’t be telling Ginny that.

A.N: The line “flat out, bug shagging crazy” is from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Spike says it to Buffy in episode two of season seven, Beneath You.
The End.
Serenitey is the author of 7 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked The High Life also liked 432 other stories.
Leave a Review