It had been five years since Ginny Weasley had graduated from Hogwarts. She now worked at the Ministry of Magic in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office. Life for her had been great lately. She got to work in the same department her dad works in, she was living in a small flat at the far end of Diagon Alley, and she was dating the one person she’d always fantasized about dating, the one and only Harry Potter. They had been a couple for nearly three years now, and she was happy. He loved her, he took care of her, and he was so sweet to her. But she was getting a little bored of their relationship lately. Harry had been working in the Auror Headquarters ever since Hogwarts. He worked six days a week because he took his job very seriously and wanted to be the best there was, but he took it a little too seriously sometimes.

Ginny stood there in the lift, looking around at some of the people in there with her. There was a very pretty woman standing next to her with the prettiest blonde hair she’d ever seen, but it reminded her of someone she had never liked, someone who wanted to make her life a living hell when she was at Hogwarts. Ginny shook her head and sighed, he was the last person on earth that she wanted to think about. Just then the lift came to a stop and Ginny stepped out to walk down the corridor to her office. She didn’t even get to her office before someone called out her name.

“Ginny! I need to see you in my office for a moment,” said an older man.

She turned around to see her boss looking at her and motioning for her to follow. She sighed internally and walked slowly down the hall. All she wanted to do was just get into her office so she could drink some coffee before she started working. She turned into her boss’s office and stood near the door. “Yes, Mr. Backstrom?” she asked tiredly.

Mr. Backstrom sat down behind his desk and looked at Ginny. “Come on in,” he said. He had a smile on his face, which was the thing that scared her. She thought that maybe he’d brought her in here to tell her something bad happened, or was about to happen. Oh how right she was. He cleared his throat and placed his hands on his desk. “Well, Ginny,” he began, “I’ve recently hired someone new here and I would like you to help this person out. They don’t know as much about Muggle things as you do.”

She looked at him and faked a smile. This was not what she wanted to do right now, to baby sit some newcomer and help them understand the ropes. “Umm…okay… sure sir. I can do that Mr. Backstrom. Where is this… person?” she asked as politely as she could.

It seemed, at that moment, that he got the most evil looking smile on his face that she had ever seen. Her eyes went wide in shock, but he blinked and just stood there waiting. Her boss looked towards the door and said loud and clear, “You may come in now.” He stood up and fixed his robes, as if the Minister himself were coming to talk to him.

Ginny turned and looked behind her, at that moment it seemed that time just drastically slowed down. What Ginny saw next made her hate her boss more than she hated the person who was walking in the door right now.

Draco Malfoy stepped into the office and he looked like he had better things to do than be here at this moment. He walked up and stood next to Ginny, ignoring the look of loathing that she gave him and looked forward at Mr. Backstrom. He stood there waiting for the next instructions from his new boss. For a second he felt like taking off his dark green robes and strangling that man with them, but he thought he might not want to do that unless he wants to be sent to Azkaban like his father.

Mr. Backstrom looked at Ginny and cleared his throat. She snapped her head back and looked at him. She shook her head and laughed. “You’re kidding right? I—this… he isn’t the person I have to help is he?” Her face told she was in a state of shock.

Draco groaned and looked toward the ground. He did not want to spend time with the Weaslette. But he knew that this was the right way to start his life over, by doing things he wouldn’t want to do which could help him in the future. He looked up and looked over towards Ginny, but not at her.

“If it makes you feel any better, I’m a quick learner. So it won’t be that much time,” he said in a monotone voice. He looked back towards his boss and saw him nod to him. He took that as a ‘good job, now you can go’ and turned around to walk out the door.

Ginny looked at Mr. Backstrom, mouth open and eyes in shock, she nodded and turned around to follow Draco out the door. She closed the door behind herself and walked to her office to find Draco sitting down in her chair, his feet propped up on the desk and his arms folded one over the other on his stomach.

“So…” he started, “looks like we have to put up with each other now, right Weaslette?” He kept his eyes locked on hers and her stomach felt like there were butterflies flying around inside.

“Listen here Malfoy,” her voice was full of annoyance at this point, “if we have to work together there are going to be a few rules. Number one, you don’t call me Weaslette. Number two…” she walked around to the other side of her desk and picked up his feet and dropped them when she was sure they weren’t over her desk. “Don’t touch my stuff without my permission. Got it?”

He now sat with his legs crossed; he looked at her and nodded, “I got it Weasley.” He said as he got up and walked around to her and got just inches from her face. With a smirk on his face, he whispered, “Let’s get started.” He walked over to the chair in front of her desk and sat down.

Ginny’s heart stopped when he was that close to her. She cleared her throat and walked behind her desk and sat in the chair he was in before. She looked at him and sighed. She knew she’d need some caffeine soon because it was going to be a long day with Draco Malfoy.
************************************************************************
Ginny walked up to her flat and exhaled when she got to the door. Today wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be. Malfoy wasn’t being a prat like he used to be. He was just sitting there and listening to what she told him he needed to do and ran errands for her. She wasn’t sure she should go with him since he probably wouldn’t know his way around, but he was smart enough to figure it out.

She reached into her purse and pulled out a key, when she stuck it in the keyhole to unlock the door she noticed it was already unlocked. She frowned and pushed the door open slightly. Her living room lights were on, and she saw someone coming from the kitchen into the living room.

“Who are you?” she asked. She stepped inside and stood by the door, her wand now in her hand and pointed it at the intruder.

He turned and saw that Ginny was in the door. He laughed and shook his head. “Ginny, it’s just me,” the man said with some amusement in his voice. He walked over to the light more and Ginny saw that it was Harry. She sighed and brought her hands up to cover her face. She felt like she was paranoid. Every Thursday Harry came over to hers and they hung out for the rest of the night. How could I forget about that? Oh yeah… I’ve been preoccupied with a prat. She brought her hands down to her sides and walked to meet Harry and hugged him. She giggled and pulled away from him to look in his eyes. She felt like she hadn’t seen him in a while.

“How are you?” she asked as she removed her purse and robes and placed her purse on her kitchen table and the robe on the back of the kitchen chair. She turned back around to give Harry her full attention. He shrugged and sat down on her couch.

“I’m all right; we haven’t had a lot of things going on at work in the past few days. So I figured I’d come and hang out with my girl.” He smiled as he used her nickname for her. He knew how much she loved hearing that.

She smiled and walked over to the couch and sat down. “Well that’s good,” she said. “I’ve been busy with work lately. I’m really thankful tomorrow is Friday. I need a weekend to just rest.”

He nodded and wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into him. “Well I’ve really missed you lately. Do you want me to come and stay the night with you this weekend?” he said hopefully. “I could give you a massage… and cook you breakfast in bed, and we could maybe go out for lunch.”

Ginny looked at him and breathed out, “I’m not sure. I mean it sounds great and all but… I just want to spend the weekend here. You know just in the quietness of my flat to rest.” She looked at him sadly; she hoped he understood it wasn’t anything to do with him. This week just seemed to go by so slowly.

He looked at her and smiled a melancholy smile. “Sure,” he nodded, “it’s okay. I understand.” He reached his other arm over to wrap his arms around her and pull her into him more. He wanted to just cuddle with her right now.

She smiled and cuddled with him. She just thought about what he said he wanted to do with her this weekend. As much as she wanted to do it, she was just too tired. Ginny knew that all Harry wanted to do was make her happy, she knew that making her happy made him happy. Right now she just couldn’t get a certain blond haired Slytherin out of her mind.
************************************************************************
Wow.... so this chapter was originally going to be a lot longer but my beta reader said it could be made into two chapters. So there will be a lot of chapters in this story. I was originally going for 11 or 12 but I had no idea how long the chapters would end up being. =) I guess that's good news. lol

I have chapter 2 through 4 already written, so I'll wait a couple days and then update. I plan to keep going so that I don't have to take a while and write the rest of a chapter then have it edited and then send it in. *sighs* It's just too much.

Reviews are great! I would like to know what you guys think and some criticism is good. This is my first story ever, so be gentle. *puppy eyes* Ok. Review!!! =)

-Dracos_brat aka Olivia (aka Lilly
Leave a Review