It started the next day. It seemed as if everyone in the castle knew that Harry Potter had kissed Ginny Weasley after she oh-so-brilliantly won the Quidditch match against Slytherin. On one hand Ginny was glad, because that meant the news would reach a certain Slytherin very soon, but at the same time she was dreading his reaction. Not only that, but people were staring at her like they had when Harry had rescued her from the Chamber of Secrets.

After lunch, she was so fed up with her classmates asking about how well Harry kissed (and lying about that question) or what she had done with him already, that Ginny decided to hide in the library, at least for the time being. She gave Harry a quick peck on the cheek to annoy Ron, who was glaring at her from his chair by the fire, and let her eyes wander once more in search of Hermione.

For once she was not accompanying the Spectacled Spectacle, so Ginny left the common room and went on her way.

She was going over the mess she had gotten herself into, when two strong hands grabbed her from behind. Before she had time to scream or pull out her wand, one of her attacker’s hands encircled her waist, pinning her hands against her sides as the other firmly clasped her mouth shut. Even though she was on a verge of panicking, Ginny decided to keep a cool head. She was dragged through a small passageway, one that she had not known of before, but had heard about from both the Golden Trio and her older twin brothers. She pressed her feet down on the floor, creating friction as her captor was trying to drag her behind a curtain and bit down on his or her hand, until she head the husky, male voice muttering angrily.

“Damn it, Ginevra!”

Ginny recognized the velvety voice and relaxed. Now that she knew who the attacker was, there was no need for her to fight him. On the contrary, she was surprised it had taken him so long, since it was after lunch and she was sure he had heard already. He carried her a little bit further into the passage before putting her down, and moving further away himself. Ginny moved closer towards to him, as if to inspect his injured hand, but much to her surprise, he shoved her back, tending to his hand with his own wand.

“You sure you don’t want my help with that?” Ginny asked cautiously, knowing that healing spells were anything but his domain. Once he had tried to fix a simple broken nail and had ended up setting his bed on fire.

“I can take care of myself,” he blurted out, and victoriously hung his wand on his belt.

“That’s great to know,” Ginny replied dryly, seeing that he was in no mood to let her get away with this. She sighed and continued. “So… Was there a reason for this sudden abduction?”

“Sudden?” She could imagine him smirking, but she could not see it in the dark of the small passage. “I thought you were smart enough to expect something like this.”

“Word play, darling,” Ginny replied sweetly. “But you have not answered my question.”

“Which was?” he drawled.

“Why did you bring me here?” Ginny decided to go along
with his little game.

“It’s a beautiful Sunday afternoon, it’s not like we have anything better to do.”

“I have a Charms essay to finish,” Ginny said smoothly.

“I said better than this,” he growled back. Ginny leaned back against the wall, expecting this to take up much more time if he continued on at this pace, and decided to let him talk for awhile before answering. Obviously, her silence was not something he was expecting from her, and so in his attempt to give her a chance to answer, silence overpowered them.

“What is this that I hear about you and Potter?” he asked after some time had passed without either of them breaking the silence.

“Harry and I are going out.” Ginny enhanced Saint Potter’s first name and watched with a smile as his dark figure seemed to tense.

“Polygamy?” he scoffed.

“Not at all; he is my only boyfriend.” Ginny was deliberately pushing him farther and farther, wanting to see him snap before her.

“I beg to differ,” he murmured. She was barely able to hear him.

“What do you mean?” Ginny thought of how quickly the tables had turned. Now she was at his mercy and not vice versa.

“You know what I mean, Ginevra.”

She did know and she knew it well, but Ginny was not about to back down. He had slipped, and he was going to pay for it.

“Polygamy is technically your thing,” Ginny replied venomously.

“Most definitely, because Dean was my boyfriend.” Draco said, his voice soaked with sarcasm that made her shiver.

“Pansy.” She spat the words at him, “Padma. Lavender. Every other girl in this school.”

“Now don’t lie to yourself, sweetheart,” his voice took on a dangerous edge. “They were just bravado.”

“Just like Dean and Potter,” she said in a similar tone.

“Really?” The anticipated mood swing was visible in his voice.

“No, I definitely love Potter with all my heart and soul.” Ginny rolled her eyes, but her kidnapper’s lips were all over hers the second those words left her mouth. Unlike The Boy Who Had Anger Issues, Ginny’s kidnapper could kiss, and kiss very well. His lips were warm on hers, and his tongue was demanding an entrance to her mouth. But she denied- he had yet to compromise. She put her hands against his muscular chest and pushed him away.

“He did kiss me you know,” she said devilishly, being perfectly capable of imagining the look of horror on his face...

“What!” …and in his voice.

“You heard me,” Ginny replied smugly, and put her arms around him. “Don’t be silly though. I don’t love him, never had loved him nor will I ever love him. Now, with that clear, I don’t want you near that cow Pansy ever again.”

“You’re dating Potter.”

“Less disgusting than Pansy.”

“To an extent.”

“She doesn’t need more encouragement from your side.”

“Neither does Potter.”

“I told him I wasn’t ready for a physical relationship.” Ginny’s kidnapper erupted in laughter.

“And he actually bought it?”

“Yeah, he is Saint Potter after all.” She chuckled a little at her own words.

“You should be in Slytherin.” He put his arms around her, touching the small of her back.

“You would like that too much,” she said accusingly. “Now
what about Pansy?”

“I‘ll wear an Invisibility Cloak when I’m with her?” he suggested meekly.

“No, you’ll break up with her,” she said menacingly. “Today,” Ginny added as an afterthought.

“Potter?”

“I can’t just dump him,” Ginny said carefully. “Too many questions.”

“If I dump Pansy, there will be questions too…” He let it hang between them.

“Yes, but you’re known for dumping chicks at random. I‘m not,” Ginny replied, biting her lower lip.

“That’s because you don’t like girls,” he smirked.

“You know what I meant.”

“I do.” He kissed her again, now more slowly. Ginny moaned with pleasure, and he used it as an opportunity to slip his tongue into her mouth. She smiled under the kiss and kissed him back, letting her hands wander his muscular back. He leaned her against him, slipping his hands under her shirt and slowly moving up her sides. Ginny gasped and broke the kiss:

“Charms essay,” Ginny managed to mumble when they both resurfaced for air. “Must finish. Been here too long.”

She grabbed her books and parchment that were scattered on the floor and dashed out of the passage, leaving the blond wizard leaning alone against the wall. “Owl!” she called out before the curtain fell in place, obscuring the opening from prying eyes.
Leave a Review