Wizarding London

Newly released from Azkaban, Draco Malfoy walked purposefully toward Knockturn Alley’s most prominent night club, Ignis Fatuus. He entered the establishment, nodded to a few people and slipped into the back room.

Inside the room there were six people sitting around the table betting on a game of Exploding Snap. When Draco entered the room, a dark-skinned man with almond eyes was running the table, he looked up, a look of recognition crossed his face.

“Mr. Zabini,” Draco greeted.

“Mr. Malfoy,” he replied. “Going to join us?”

Draco sat down, signaling his acquiesce.

“So, Mr. Malfoy, what do you do for a living?” asked a man sitting across the table. “If you don’t mind my asking.”

“If I don’t mind your asking,” Draco drawled. “I just got out of Azkaban.”

“How’d you get in there?”

“I stole things.”

“Oh,” the man said. “Like what?”

“Goblin-made tribal masks,” Blaise piped up.

“Are there any money in those?”

“Some,” Draco replied.

“If you can move ‘em,” Blaise threw in.

* * *
Leaky Cauldron

In a dark, isolated corner, Draco and Blaise sat at a table drinking Ogden’s Firewhiskey.

“So, you got a plan now that you’re out?” questioned Blaise.

“Are you kidding, I’ve been a free wizard for less than an hour. Of course I’ve got a plan,” remarked Draco.

“Let’s hear it.”

“Vault number 711,” Draco simply stated.

“Are you nutters? That’s Potter’s vault.”

Draco nodded in response.

Blaise continued on as if Draco doesn’t exist, “That vault’s in Gringotts. You prat, Gringotts is impossible to break into. Are you so eager to go back to Azkaban?” Blaise paused in his rant for a minute, as if in thought. “Alright, sounds good.”

* * *
Malfoy Manor

Lucius Malfoy, Draco, and Blaise were talking over lunch in the gardens.

“So let’s cut to the chase, what do you want?” Lucius asked

“Father, we’ve got a proposition for you,” Draco calmly announced.

“You need money.”

“Backing,” Blaise corrected.

“For what?” he drawled.

“A job,” Draco supplied.

“Involving?”

“A vault,” Blaise contributed.

“The last person who tried to rob Gringotts had Voldemort sticking out the back of his head. The person before him, was burnt to a crisp by the guard dragon’s fire. The person before him didn’t even make it to the vault,” Lucius replied sardonically.

“So that makes it a challenge.”

“An improbable challenge,” quipped Blaise.

Draco shot him a glare. “Well, thank you for your words of encouragement, Father. We’ll be leaving now.”

“One last question,” Lucius stated curiously. “Whose vault?”

Draco turns to Blaise. “Which vault was it?”

“The... uh... Vault 711.”

“Harry Potter’s vault?” he asked, incredulously. “You’ve got yourself a deal.”

Draco and Blaise continued out the door with a quick ‘thank you’ thrown over their shoulders.

* * *
Blaise’s flat

“Bill and Fleur Weasley just had their first child and Marcus Flint is providing a suitable substitution,” Blaise said. “What about distractions?”

“Weasley twins-” Draco started.

“They won’t want to steal from Potter they like him,” Blaise interrupted.

“Au contraire, my friend. They like me better,” Draco commented. “As I was saying, the Weasley twins can provide distractions through their jokes and their arguing. But, they can also supply us with our get away. I have learned that their father recently gave them a flying muggle car. Magical surveillance?”

“Neville Longbottom. He is the best there is out there.”

“So, Blaise, how are his nerves?”

“They’re fine... Who’s on destructive and protection spells?”

“Theo Nott’s in town, but here might be a slight problem in availability. He’s involved in another job.”

* * *
Parkinson Vacation Villa

Theodore Nott and a crew of four other men advanced upon a private collection of elvish jewelry. With a flick of his wand, Theodore blasted through the glass case without harming anything inside. But the moment he did so, an ear piercing alarm sounded.

“You tossers! You had one job to do!”

Aurors swarmed the area and their hands were magically bound behind their backs. Outside the building, Theodore was being frisked by a rookie Auror when Blaise showed up in a set of black robes, flashing an Unspeakable badge.

“This one’s known up and down for the praemius curse. Have you checked him for alternative wands?” The Auror stepped up to search him, but Blaise pushed him out of the way. “Never mind, I’ll do it you go find Griggs.”

“Who?”

“Just find him, will you?” The Auror walked away in search of ‘Griggs’.

“Hey Theo,” said Blaise.

“Hey Blay,” responded Theodore.

“How quickly can you do put something together?”

“Its already done. Where’s Draco?”

“Waiting around the corner.”

“It’ll be nice working with proper villains again.”

* * *
Quidditch Stadium - Puddlemere United v.s. Chudley Cannons

“Who’s our stunt man?” Draco questioned Blaise.

“Woman.”

“Well, who is it?”

Blaise pointed to one of the moving players, “The one on the broom.”

Draco glared, “That narrows it down.”

“It’s Cho Chang, the seeker for Puddlemere United.”

* * *
Outside the Stadium

“ We need Snape,” stated Draco.

“He got out of the game a year ago,” Blaise informed.

“You don’t quit religion.” countered Draco. “You could ask him.”

“Hey, I could ask him.”
* * *
Pub in muggle London

“Snape makes ten, that oughta do it don’t you think? You think we need one more? You think we need one more. Alright we’ll get one more,” Draco conversed with himself, as Blaise sat with his head resting on the bar.

* * *
A busy street in Hogsmeade

Gabrielle Delacour swept past several high class members of English wizarding society, hands brushing lightly against their cloaks. After making her way out of the masses, she looked down into her hands, finding trinkets and galleons galore. One object stood out amongst the wealth. In her hand was a business card with ‘Nice swipes. Hogs Head Pub.’ She flipped the card over, it read Draco Malfoy in an emerald green cursive scrawl. The blonde peered questioningly around her before ducking into the pub.

“Who are you?” Gabrielle inquired.

“A friend of Polli Delacour’s,” Draco responded. He placed his hand on the table, sliding back to reveal a Chocolate Frog card. “It’s a portkey. A job offer. Take it or leave it right now.”

She smiled her acquiescence.

Author notes: Much thanks to my omega, darc. I love you! Dedicated to Movie Marathons!

Leave a Review