“You called me fat!” Ginny accused him, trying to reach out and slap him.

“I did not call you fat,” Draco protested, trying valiantly to keep from being hit.

“Yes you did! You turned to me, you looked directly into my eyes, and you said ‘I can’t believe how completely different you look now, Gin,’ – what do you say about that?”

“Where in the hell do you get that I think you look fat from that?” he demanded. “I was making a simple observation!”

“Simple observation, my arse. You said I looked so DIFFERENT, and you used to say I looked beautiful. I also used to be skinny. So…connect the dots here, Malfoy. I used to be skinny and beautiful and now I look different. You think I’m ugly and fat now!”

Ginny collapsed onto the couch and buried her face in her hands.

Draco was pretty much rendered entirely speechless, an occasion that had only been repeated a number of times he could count on one hand. The woman had seemed so perfectly sure about her strange, twisted path of logic and it honestly boggled his mind. Only to her could one say that she looked different and have it twisted into an insult. He decided to start damage control. The last time she’d taken it upon herself to think he despised her, she had thrown plates and bowls at his head for the better part of an hour.

“Love, you are NOT fat. You are absolutely beautiful in every conceivable notion of the word,” he said, kneeling down beside her. She refused to look at him.

“I hate you,” she replied, crossing her arms over her chest.

“You love me,” he disagreed, a smirk appearing on his face, a gleam coming into his eyes.

“Don’t look at me like that,” she said warningly. “This is not going to be one of those times where you swoop in and give me those pathetic looks and I start swooning all over the place.”

“Isn’t it?” he asked, reaching out and stroking her hair softly. She batted his hand away. “I thought you rather liked my looks.”

“Don’t turn this around on me, mister,” she threatened. “For once a conversation is not going to be entirely centered on you. It’s my turn!”

“It’s your turn to what? Prance about yelling at me for things I absolutely did NOT say? Well I must say, Gin, you are doing a wonderful job of it. I think you deserve some kind of award. Shall I order you a trophy?” he asked. “World’s Biggest Drama Queen? And if you call attention to the fact that I said ‘biggest,’ I swear I will have no hesitation whatsoever in throwing you out the window.”

“I don’t prance. And I hate you,” she said again.

“Liar,” he said, leaning forward to kiss her forehead.

“I’m serious!” she exclaimed. “You could walk out of that door right now and never come back and I would do a happy dance!”

“Well, when you put it like that, you must excuse me.”

Draco straightened up and turned to leave the room, trying to prevent the smile from spreading across his face. He was halfway to the door when Ginny let out a frustrated scream. He couldn't help but snort with laughter when he turned back around to see her standing up with her wand pointed straight at him.

“You weren’t supposed to go,” she informed him.

“Shouldn't you be doing a…what did you call it…happy dance right about now?” he asked, raising his eyebrows.

“You are the most insufferable man on this planet,” she said.

“Put your wand down, love,” he said. “We both know you have absolutely no intention of using it on me.”

To his surprise, Ginny complied. She set down her wand and resumed her position on the couch with her face in her hands.

Draco smirked and walked back over to her. He sat himself on the arm of the couch and reached out to gently massage her shoulders. He was slightly surprised when she didn’t pull away. He’d been expecting another scene.

“Rough day?” he asked gently.

Ginny looked up to glare at him. “Thanks to you, yes.”

“I didn’t call you fat,” he insisted. “When I said you looked different, there was no negative connotation. You know you look different.”

“Once again, thanks to YOU.”

Draco’s smirk widened into an actual smile. “Hey, I still maintain that this entire situation was your idea in the first place.”

“You tricked me,” she accused, though he noted with satisfaction that her voice seemed much less harsh than before. “You had me thinking that this was going to be a great thing.”

“Is it not?” he asked.

“I’m sure the end result will be great, but right now? No. It’s bloody horrible and I hate you for ever touching me.”

“Oh, but tell me how you really feel,” he teased.

Sensing that she had calmed down tremendously, Draco slid down to sit next to her on the couch. He put his arm around her shoulder and tugged her against him.

“You’re never touching me again,” she informed him.

“You really shouldn’t say things like that,” he replied. “Especially when we both know that you would be happy to let me touch you all day every day if I didn’t have to go to work.”

“You don’t have to go to work. You’re rich.”

Draco sighed. He took Ginny’s chin firmly in his hand and turned her face so that she was forced to look him in the eye.

“If you are truly unhappy with me, then please tell me now because I will leave. I don’t want to, but if you want nothing more in life than to be rid of me, then I will go.”

Ginny’s eyes widened. “Don’t go.”

“That’s what I thought,” he said, rolling his eyes. “It needs to be two weeks from now so you’ll stop being so insane.”

“It’s all your fault,” she said miserably.

“I believe you had a hand in it as well,” he said, smirking. “I do remember you being there.”

“Quit replaying the sex in your mind,” she said, rolling her eyes this time. “You aren’t getting any. I’m too fat.”

“That word again,” he said. “You aren’t fat, you stupid girl. You’re having a baby. There is no bigger difference in the entire world.”

“Don’t remind me,” she groaned.

“I see how thrilled you are to be in this position,” he observed.

“Shut up,” she said. “It’s not like your life is affected by this. You don’t get all fat and hormonal.”

“Pregnant, not fat,” he insisted. “And, in case you’ve forgotten, that’s my kid you’ve got in there. I believe that does affect me just a tad.”

“Minor detail.”

“I also believe that I was affected when we made the announcement to your family. Have you ever had six pairs of fists coming at you at once? Not exactly the way I pictured the reactions while announcing my child to the world. Having your penis threatened is also not a minor detail, and that sure did happen about ten minutes later.”

“Oh, quit whining,” Ginny said, finally smiling for the first time. “When we told your mother, she told me that now I at least had an excuse to have stretch marks. That’s pretty low.”

“Are we going to start up on the drama that was our wedding now like we always do? Because really, I’m starving and need to know if I should get some take away,” Draco said.

“Fine, I’ll stop talking.”

“Finally,” Draco teased.

“I can’t believe I put up with you,” Ginny said. “You knock me up, then call me fat, and now you won’t let me complain about anything.”

Draco kissed her softly.

“I also swept you off your feet, gave you the wedding and home of your dreams, helped you to create what is sure to be the world’s next great Quidditch player, and will continue to put up with every insane thing that flies out of your mouth until I die. Beat that.”

Ginny sighed. “I hate when you do that. Here I am ready to make it impossible for you to ever have children again, and you go and say the most perfect thing imaginable. For the life of me, I cannot think of how or why I ended up with you.”

“And that, Gin, is why you love me.”

Author notes: Because sometimes you just need some D/G fluff.

The End.
greeneyes0419 is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 29 members. Members who liked You Called Me Fat also liked 1453 other stories.
Leave a Review