Epilogue: After the Great Wizarding War


Nine years later…


“I would like to propose a toast!” Ron shouted while laughing. “A toast… everyone… everyone!!” Ron finally stood up, his glass held high. The red-haired man cleared his throat and began to speak, “First of all… I’d like to say… Malfoy… this is your last week before you are officially a member of the Weasley family… so, you big git, you had better take care of my sister!!”

Hermione giggled as she lovingly punched her husband’s shoulder.

Ron looked down at his wife, wearing an expression of confusion, “What? Well, he’d better!” he laughed.

“Oh Ron… honestly!” Hermione muttered through giggles.

“Anyway… as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted… Malfoy, you had better take care of my sister… she’s a very special person, you know…”

Draco, adorned in his black mask, looked over into Ginny’s eyes… so much passion and feeling swirling in his pools of gray, “You don’t have to tell me twice…” he whispered.

Ginny blushed and took hold of Draco’s hand… she gently squeezed.

“And I also must say… and I can’t believe that I’m actually saying this… but I’m proud to have you enter into our family…”

Draco’s mother, Narcissa, let out a tiny squeal causing Ginny’s entire family to burst into laughter.

“Here… here!” Harry shouted. He was dressed in his auror’s uniform and a lovely young woman with dark auburn hair sat beside him. She leaned in and gave Harry a quick kiss on the cheek, “Not now, Celia… this is for Draco and Ginny!” he smiled.

“I know… but I couldn’t resist!” Celia laughed.

Draco chuckled to himself at the sight.

~~~

It had been about four years since the Great Wizarding War… as it became known, at least in the Wizarding world… and times had never looked brighter. The dreaded years of the war brought much misery to Ginny, her family, friends and all those whom she loved. Though, in the end… Harry was able to defeat Voldemort… and live to tell the tale.

Due to their failure to turn Draco into a Death-Eater and animagus spy… both Lucius Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson suffered a horrible fate… Voldemort tortured them beyond imagination and then proceeded to use the most evil of the Unforgivable curses… the Killing Curse… and killed them both.

Upon learning his father’s fate, Draco made arrangements for his mother to be taken to The Burrow… where she would be safe from the Death-Eaters hunting him on his father’s behalf. Ginny would not allow for Draco’s mother to be brought anywhere else. And both Molly and Arthur were wonderful with her and they protected her with all that they had. Of course, Draco visited the family as often as he could… though he was very busy as an animagus spy for Dumbledore… Molly and Arthur soon became very fond of the Slytherin boy and his mother… and years later when they learned that their youngest and only daughter and Draco wished to marry, they could not have been happier.

~~~

Harry wheeled himself away from the table and over to where Ginny and Draco were sitting… battling Voldemort had left him paralyzed and wheelchair bound… he took hold of Ginny’s hands and kissed them, “Ginny… you truly are a wonderful and beautiful witch… you know that…”

Ginny blushed at Harry’s words and smiled.

Harry then turned towards Draco, “Draco… hmm… a bit hard to say that… so used to calling you Malfoy!” he laughed.

Draco smiled.

“Draco… you are a lucky man… and I know that you two will be happy together forever…”

Draco placed his hand on Harry’s shoulder, “Thanks… you too… with Celia, I mean.”

Celia blushed and looked down at her plate.

Harry nodded, “Yeh.”

Finally, Molly Weasley stood up, “Now… now… it is time for dessert…”

“We’ll get it mum!” Fred and George replied in unison.

“You most certainly will not!” she shouted.

The twins wore sheepish grins and feigned hurt at their mother’s words. Bill and Charlie both laughed out loud while Percy just rolled his eyes.

“I think that I ought to get it,” Arthur finally stated. At that moment, he stood up and went into the kitchen. When he returned, he was following a floating tray carrying a large chocolate cake.

Ginny looked over at Draco who suddenly looked very sad.

“Draco… what’s wrong?” she inquired.

Draco just heaved a sigh, “This day would be perfect if…” his voice trailed.

Ginny frowned and took hold of his hand. She brought it up to her lips and kissed it gently. “I know… we all wish that Blaise could be here. I mean… he was your best friend…”

“He was more than that… he was like a brother to me…”

Ginny looked over at her mother who was busily serving out the cake to everyone. The girl bit her lip and stood up suddenly, “Will you excuse us for a few minutes? We won’t be long.”

“Go on, Ginny dear… your cake will be waiting when you two get back!” Molly answered with a grin.

Both Ginny and Draco exited the dining room and entered the small living area. The fiery red-head hugged Draco tightly.

“He would want you to be happy right now, you know.”

“I know.”

“And to think… that it was because of you that he fought by your side and helped Harry to defeat Voldemort… he really was very brave.”

“But it was because of me that he died.”

“Draco…”

“Well, if he had joined the Death-Eaters like he was meant to… then he never would have been attacked by one of Voldemort’s spies.”

Ginny kissed Draco lightly on the lips, “And do you think that Blaise would have been happy being a Death-Eater… bowing down to Voldemort and taking senseless orders?”

“Well… no… but…”

“See there… Blaise made his choice. And I personally think that he made the right one. He will always be remembered… and honoured for his bravery.” The girl smiled.

Draco looked down into Ginny’s cinnamony-brown eyes and cupped her face in his strong hands. He leaned down and touched his lips to hers. She let out a small sigh causing Draco to smile. When he backed away he could see the tears forming in her eyes, “Why are you crying?”

“Because I’m so happy… life with you is what makes me happy.”

Draco smirked causing Ginny to arch an eyebrow. “I didn’t want to show you this until later… but I think that now is a good time,” Draco replied… a hint of amusement in his voice. “Now close your eyes.”

Ginny shut her eyes tightly… eagerly trying to guess what Draco could possibly want to show her at this very moment. The silvery-blond led her out into one of the small side-rooms of The Burrow that no one really used very much.

“All right… open your eyes.”

Ginny’s eyes flew open… and there before her was one of the most beautiful pianos she had ever seen. And in front of it was a very large bench… large enough for two people to easily sit on it without feeling too cramped. She smiled and then looked over at her beloved.

“Consider it my early wedding present to you…”

Her breath caught in her throat, “It’s wonderful… it’s perfect…” she whispered.

“When I saw it, I knew that you had to have it…”

Ginny looked up into Draco’s stormy-gray eyes, “Thank you… I love you so much.”

“Now we can play together whenever we want… and always remember… that I love you so very much too.” He smiled just then and whispered so that Ginny could hear, “I guess I do play with Gryffindors after all…”
The End.
Indigo Child is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 18 members. Members who liked Phantasmagoria also liked 767 other stories.
Leave a Review