That night at dinner, Ginny sat with her back to the Slytherin table. She kept up a constant stream of chatter with Hermione and Ron as if she didn’t have a care in the world. Periodically, laughter would break out at the Slytherin table behind her. She could only hope the blond git wasn’t telling his housemates about her unruly hormones.

“I’m going to study in the library tonight. Do you want to come?” Hermione asked.

“Sure.” It wasn’t like she had anything better to do. Harry wasn’t interested. No one else had really caught her eye as a potential boyfriend.

‘Liar,’ her hormones screamed.

She sipped her pumpkin juice while she tried to explain a few unhappy truths to her hormones. ‘Malfoy was just messing with you. He isn’t interested in a relationship.’

Her hormones rebelled, replaying the memory of his hot mouth skimming down her neck. Heat flooded her body. Irritated with her lack of self control, she considered throwing herself into the lake.

Laughter erupted from the Slytherin table again. She scowled.

“What’s wrong?” Ron asked.

“Malfoy’s in my head,” she admitted. “I wish he’d just do something to embarrass me and get it over with.”

“Whatever he does, it can’t be worse than the time Fred and George tricked both of us into eating that Flaming Flatulence Fudge,” Ron pointed out.

Hermione set her drink down. “Does that mean what I think it means?”

Ginny covered her face. “Yes. It made both of us blow up like balloons and then when we...you know...it came out as flames.”

Hermione bit her lip.

Ron glared at her. “It wasn’t funny. It hurt.”

“Sorry.” Hermione cleared her throat. “Are you ready to go to the library?”

Ginny took one more drink of her pumpkin juice and then headed to the library with her friend. On the way, she debated telling Hermione about her encounter with Malfoy. Once they were seated at a table, she decided to take the plunge.

“I had a run in with Malfoy today.”

Hermione scooted closer. “What happened?”

“He stole my wand and immobilized me.”

“Did he hurt you?” Concern was evident in her friend’s voice.

Ginny shook her head. “No. He told me he wanted me to be afraid. Then he started in on my clothes. Somehow we ended up talking about my knickers.”

Hermione sat back and crossed her arms. “Do not tell me that you allowed that snake to charm you out of your knickers.”

“No, thank you. I did not. But...he did kiss my neck, and I sort of forgot to run away,” she admitted sheepishly.

Hermione reached over and whacked her on the arm. “What is wrong with you?”

“Hey,” Ginny snapped. “I was immobilized when he first started, so my hormones were running the show. It took a while for my brain to engage. I did run away once I’d come to my senses.”

Disappointment and judgment shone from Hermione’s eyes. “He’s obnoxious and evil.”

“Yes. Well he also smells really good, his hair feels like silk, and he does this thing with his teeth that made me feel like I was going to melt into a giant puddle of goo.”

Hermione scooted even closer. “I think I know what you mean.”

Ginny sucked in a breath, started to speak, and then reconsidered. “If this is about my brother, please lie and say it was someone else. That’s just too weird for me.”

“Your brother is an idiot. I’m not talking about him. I’m talking about Victor.”

“Really?” Ginny leaned in. “I thought you told my brother you didn’t snog Victor once.”

Hermione wore a smug expression. “I didn’t snog Victor once. I snogged him several times.”

Ginny laughed earning her a few sideways glances from the other students. She did her best to look apologetic and then whispered to Hermione. “I have new respect for your brilliance. Let’s get out of here so we can dish.”

Sitting cross legged on Hermione’s bed, Ginny asked, “Do you keep in touch with Victor?”

“We wrote for a little while. I think we both knew what we had was lust. If he ever stopped by to visit I’d be happy to see him, but that’s about it.”

Ginny snorted. “At least he was nice to you. Malfoy wasn’t nice to me and I still melted. I hope that doesn’t mean I’m into abusive relationships.”

“I don’t think you have to worry about that. Despite his personality he does ooze some sort of charm. He’s an ‘It’ guy.”

“A what?”

Hermione chuckled. “It’s a Muggle term. We say that famous people have ‘It’. Basically it means a person has more than a normal amount of sex appeal.”

“That’s so unfair. Why do some people have ‘It’ and others don’t?” Ginny pouted. “If I had more ‘It’ then maybe I’d have a boyfriend of my own and I could forget about Malfoy.”

“You have plenty of appeal,” her friend assured her. “I’d love to have your hair. Mine is impossible.”

“Your skin is prettier,” Ginny pointed out. “There isn’t a single freckle on your face.”

“The freckles work on you. Now, let’s figure out a plan to keep Malfoy away from you.”

“It’s too bad there isn’t a spell to make him think he already got me back.”

Hermione hopped off the bed. “That’s it. We’ll prank you and pretend it was him. He’ll take the credit for humiliating you because he won’t want to admit he didn’t think of it.”

“Could we try for embarrassed instead? I don’t really want to be humiliated.”

“Fine. Why don’t you Owl the twins and ask for one of their more expensive items? If everyone knows it costs a lot, they’ll assume he did it. Plus the twins could tweak it so it wasn’t that bad for you.”

Ginny cringed. “I’m afraid if I did that, they’d make it worse.”

“Under normal circumstances I might agree with you. You’re fighting against Malfoy. They’ll choose you over him.”

“I suppose you’re right.” Ginny grabbed a piece of parchment and wrote a letter to her brothers explaining the situation.

The next morning, a school owl delivered a small scroll to Ginny. When she untied it from the owl’s leg, she could feel a small vial inside the parchment. She loosened the ribbon wrapped around the scroll and the vial slid out into her hand. She palmed it and dropped it in her bookbag before unrolling the parchment.

“Who’s that from?” Ron asked.

“Fred and George want us to find students willing to test their new line of day dream charms.”
She passed the letter to Ron, grateful that the twins had written a letter to cover the delivery.

Ron scanned the letter. “I wonder if Snape would notice?”

Hermione snorted. “Unless you want detention for the rest of your life, I suggest you pick another class to daydream in.”

After breakfast, Ginny and Hermione stopped in the loo before going to class. They studied the small vial, which had no label.

“I knew the twins were going to mess with me.” Ginny stomped her foot. “There’s no way I’m taking this when I have no idea what it will do.”

Hermione took the vial. “I’ll work at figuring out what’s in here. You write the twins and ask them what it does.”

Ginny stalked off to class. She passed Malfoy on the way. He didn’t scowl or sneer. In fact, he didn’t acknowledge her in any way at all. It was almost as if he no longer cared about her. Maybe he’d moved on.

Hope filled Ginny’s chest. Maybe it was over.

On her way to lunch that afternoon, she took the same route as yesterday. Once again a spell hit her and spun her around dragging her down a side hall. Her wand grew hot again. She held on as long as she could before cursing and releasing it. Of course it flew to Malfoy’s hand.

“Didn’t we already do this?” she snapped as she struggled to move her arms and legs.

His chuckle made the hair on the back of her neck stand up. “That’s what makes it so amusing. I can’t believe you’d walk the same route again today. Have you no self preservation instincts?”

“I’m not used to being careful. No one’s ever stalked me before you.”

He twirled her wand in his hand. “I’m not stalking you. I’m seeking revenge.”

Losing patience, she bit out, “Then bloody well get it over with. I have a life I’d like to get back to that does not include looking over my shoulder for a snarky git with an overgrown sense of vengeance.”

He pulled a vial from his pocket. “That is what I’m about to do. I borrowed some Veritaserum from Snape’s office. I’m going to find out your deepest darkest secrets and tell the entire school.”

She hadn’t done anything truly terrible. There was the incident with the diary, but she doubted he would ask about that. It would implicate his father more than her. It wouldn’t due to let him know his revenge didn’t really threaten her.

“If you make me drink that, I’ll tell Snape you stole it from his office.”

“Who do you think he’d believe, you or a member of his house?” Draco tipped the vial to her lips.

She clamped her mouth shut. With a look of distaste, he pinched her nose closed. To make it look good, she held her breath for as long as she could. When she gasped for air, he poured the potion down her throat.

She managed to spit out a bit before he forced her to swallow it.

He stood back crossed his arms and smiled. “Your little Miss Goody Two Shoes act is about to end. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done?” .

“I broke Fred’s nose when I was five,” she admitted. “I always felt terrible about that.”

He rolled his eyes. “I don’t care about petty squabbles with your brothers. What’s the worst thing you’ve done in the past two years?”

“I’ve lied to Ron about sneaking out to meet boys for dates. He’s such an overprotective git.”

“Now we’re getting somewhere. Who have you shagged?”

“No one.” Ginny smiled at him.

He narrowed his eyes. “You’re lying.”

“I can’t very well lie since you poured Veritaserum down my throat.”

He reached up to rub the bridge of his nose. “Fine. Why haven’t you shagged anyone?”

“None of the guys I dated ever seemed to be worth all the potential problems.”

“What problems?”

“Ron would more than likely try to kill whoever I slept with. My family seems to be oddly fertile. If I became pregnant my family would support me but they’d be very disappointed.”

Draco glared at her. “Have you ever stolen anything?”

“I nab stuff from the twins all the time. They don’t mind though so I don’t know if that counts as stealing.”

“Isn’t there anything you’re ashamed of?”

She’d come to terms with the diary incident. It hadn’t been her fault. Then it hit her. She tried to keep her lips clamped shut, but the words poured out. “I can’t believe I’m attracted to someone who’s so mean. You’re scary. Your father is terrifying. For some stupid reason when you kissed my neck I forgot all of that.”

His face took on a feral quality. He looked like a lion that had just caught its prey and was trying to decide what to do with it.

“Crap, crap, crap,” Ginny muttered.

He moved in close and brushed her hair away from her neck. He leaned in and trailed hot kisses down her neck. Heat suffused her body. His mouth moved to her ear. “What do you feel when my mouth is on your skin?”

She couldn’t hold the truth in. “Heat. It feels like I’m going to melt.”

He chuckled. “If I wanted you, could I have you?”

“Probably,” she admitted. Tears of humiliation stung her eyes.

He stepped away from her. “Then it’s a good thing I don’t want you.” He released her from his spell and tossed her wand at her feet. Without another word, he walked off.
Leave a Review