Sunday morning Ginny picked up the paper and instantly wished she hadn't, for on the front page was Draco and Astoria's wedding photo. He looked so handsome, but in his eyes she could see pain. It made her smile to know that, yes, he was hurting too. After a minute or two she could no longer stand to look at it and tossed the paper into the fireplace.

“Don't worry, Ginny. Our wedding will get the whole paper, not just the front page,” Harry assured her.

She looked across the table at him. She didn't hate him and it wasn't his fault. He didn't know she loved someone else more. In that moment she decided Harry would never know that she loved Draco more. She would put herself into her marriage with everything she had, but she would keep her promise to Draco.

“Harry, I wanted to talk to you about something before the wedding.”

“I'm all ears, Ginny. What's on your mind?” He moved closer to her.

“I want to try out for the Holyhead Harpies. Tryouts are six weeks after our wedding.”

He looked at her and then stated, “Ginny, why do you feel you have to ask? You know I would never hold you back.”

“I don't know. I guess I just...”

“Ginny, we're marrying very young, and I don’t want to start a family just yet. My job is risky, but I would be a hypocrite to tell you you can't play. Marriage is a partnership; we both need to be happy.” He had taken her hand and was playing with it.

“Thanks, Harry. I do love you.”

“I love you too, Gin.”

On the morning of her wedding, Ginny was hurt that Draco hadn't sent a note. As everyone in her house ran around doing things for her, and to her, she was actually getting excited. Honestly, if she couldn't have Draco, Harry was still pretty good, and she knew they would be happy.

As she spoke her vows, she knew she would never betray them. They didn't say she could only love Harry, or that she had to love him more than anyone else. No, the vows were to love, honor, and cherish each other, and to remain faithful. She would do that. Later on, Owls from well-wishers were read. George, who was reading them, declared, “Here's one that I don't think any of my family ever believed would be received for one of our weddings: 'Wishing you all the happiness this world can give you. Narcissa Malfoy.' Will wonders never cease?”

The next morning, as Ginny and Harry enjoyed breakfast in bed, Harry looked over at her. “Gin, I don't want to upset you, but you were still a virgin before I left to look for the Horcruxes. Who was it?”

She looked back at him. She could tell the truth here. “Harry, I don't want to tell you who, but know this; at the time, Hogwarts was a very scary place. It was unplanned and a way to escape the reality of life there. What matters now is that we're together.”

He looked at her again. “Do I know the bloke?”

“Harry!”

“No, Ginny, I just want to know if one of my friends slept with my wife. I don't think I would want to have a guy over for dinner and have him thinking about and knowing what it was like to be with you.”

“Harry, I promise that will never happen.” She paused, “Are you mad?”

“I think disappointed is a better word for it. Ginny, you’re a beautiful witch, and I knew when I ended things with you that you would find someone else. I'm just happy I got you back.”

“Well, I'm all yours.” Harry pulled her into his arms to kiss her.


That same morning, Draco picked up the paper knowing full well he would be seeing the love of his life with Potter. He couldn't help himself; he had to see how beautiful she looked. There, she looked perfectly stunning. Her dress was an off-the-shoulder corset style that gave way to a full ball skirt. Her hair was pulled back, not up, and her beauty charm made her face perfect. He watched as the picture moved and Potter kissed Ginevra. It caused him to throw the paper to the side.

He had thought about going to the wedding, just for the chance to see her. Perhaps dance with her. Or at least he could have sent a note, but he did want her to be happy, even if it was with Potter. To contact her on her wedding day would have only made it harder for her to marry 'the boy who lived' and make his life a living hell. He again thought about sending her a note, if only to tell her how beautiful she looked on her day. However, he didn't think he should with her on her honeymoon.

Tryouts for Holyhead came, and Ginny made the team as Seeker. Ginny was happy. Almost six months later, Harry and Ginny were at a Ministry function. She had chosen a little black dress that was very sexy, and she also wore the cross necklace Draco had given her. In fact, other than her wedding day or when she and Harry made love, she hadn't removed it. Harry could hardly keep his hands off of her. After a couple of hours, she needed air and went out onto the terrace. After a few minutes to herself, she heard footsteps behind her.

“Mrs. Potter,” came Draco's voice, “I believe I owe you congratulations on your marriage.”

She turned towards him and smiled at him. “Don't call me that,” she requested softly.

“I hate to point it out, but it is your name now,” he said coldly as he watched for her to touch the cross.

“I know, but please, anything but that! My name is Ginny.”

He shook his head. “That’s too personal.” He still looked intensely at her.

“Please, anything but that.”

“Weaslette?” he said lovingly.

She smiled at him. “That’s better.” She finally gave him what he had been waiting for; she reached up and played with the cross.

He gave her a smile. “I saw the photo from your wedding, you looked stunning.” He then checked over his shoulder to see if anyone was coming. “I wanted to come or at least write, but I didn't want to disturb you day.”

“Thank you, I guess.” They were standing a respectable distance apart.

“God, I miss you,” he whispered.

She had to look away to try and fight off the tears, then changing the subject, she asked, “Where's Astoria?”

He shoved his hands in his pockets to keep from reaching out to hold her. “She is still finishing her last year at Hogwarts.”

“Gin, there you... Malfoy!” Harry walked up to Ginny and placed an arm around her. “Is he bothering you?”

“No, Harry. He was just congratulating me on our wedding,” Ginny explained.

“Oh. Well, thanks, and the same to you.” Draco nodded. “Let’s go in and dance,” Harry said to Ginny.

“Sure. Good night, Draco.”

“Weaslette, Potter,” Draco said and turned away.

Harry went to react, but Ginny stopped him. “Don't, Harry, it doesn't bother me.”

As the sound of Ginny’s heels got closer to the door, he turned back and watched her, wishing it was he that would be holding her tonight, wondering how he was supposed to live the next 70 or 80 years without her.

That night when Harry and Ginny got home, she claimed to be tired and went straight to bed. She couldn't have sex with Harry when she was thinking about Draco. That was wrong to do, to either one of them.

Months later, when Draco’s wife finished her last year at Hogwarts, she joined him in living at Malfoy Manor. It didn't escape Draco that she was a beautiful witch in her own right, and she did try to be a good wife to him. He, too, tried to work on his marriage with her, but found most nights when he had sex with her that he was thinking of Ginny.

At times Draco found himself wishing Voldemort had won, because if he had, there would have been a chance that he could have claimed her as a prize. Or, even if she was picked by someone else, he would know she was not enjoying that man touching her. At other times he was angry that she chose to marry Potter and that she hadn't cried and begged him to stay with her.

There were days when, in Diagon Alley, he would catch a glimpse of her with Potter, the Scar Head's arm around her or holding her hand. He had to stop himself from drawing his wand. Then at Christmas time, Draco ran headlong into them at the entrance to Diagon Alley. They were waiting for the bricks to finish opening and Potter was kissing her passionately. Harry slowly pulled away from her and whispered something in her ear. Draco couldn't hear what it was, but he heard Ginny's reply:

“Harry, I love you so much.”

The first time he heard her say the words 'I love you' in over a year and it was to another man. They then broke apart and Harry noticed Draco. He took a less familiar stance. “Sorry, Malfoy – but you know, newlyweds and all.” The fool had a stupid, goofy grin on his face also.

Ginny spun around and looked at Draco, and he could tell she was sorry. However, Draco was hurting, so he made a point of not watching for her to touch the necklace. He needed to hurt her back.

“I think you've been married a little too long for that to still be a reasonable excuse.” he declared, then walked right between them, careful not to look at Ginny.

One week later was the annual Ministry Christmas ball, and Ginny was finishing getting ready when Harry walked into their bedroom. He let out a gasp at the sight of his wife. She was wearing a dark green silk gown that clung to her body in a suggestive manner and finally flowed away from her body about mid thigh. “Ginny, you can't wear that!” he exclaimed.

Ginny spun around. “Why not?” she asked, her nostrils flaring.

Harry put on a straight face. “For one thing, it's Slytherin green!”

She placed her hands on her hips, reminding Harry of her mother. “It's green, which happens to be the colour of the team I play for, and the colour of my husband’s eyes.”

“For another thing, if you don't take it off, I can’t be responsible for my actions. That dress looks better than amazing on you, though all I want to do is take it off you and make love to you,” he confessed, then playfully advanced on her.

She ducked him and laughed as he reached out again. He caught her arm and held it tight, pulling her closer. He then kissed her, but as the kiss heated up she pulled away. “Harry, we have to get going!”

“But I want to stay here with you,” he protested.

She smirked at him. “Then next time let someone else save the world. The only reason we have to go is because you're the 'One Who Won.'”

“One more reason to hate Tom; missing the chance to ravish my wife. Instead, I get to spend the evening with every other man in the room undressing you with his eyes.”

“Come on, Harry, or we'll be late.”

Draco and Astoria were already there when the Potters arrived. He would never lie; Ginny took his breath away. He did his best to ignore her until the dancing began. Then he saw it, the bruises on her upper arm.

He had seen bruises before on her, but they were from Quidditch. He was about to go up to Harry and confront him when Shacklebolt came up and Ginny headed out of the room. This did not make sense to Draco; Ginny was not the type to put up with being abused. He followed her.

Ginny had seen Draco the minute they arrived, and she had waited for him to watch for her to touch the cross, only it never came. She was hurt. Twice she had seen him and twice he did not care.

He caught up to her. “Ginny, I need to talk to you.” He pulled her into an empty room. “Ginevra, what is going on?”

She was puzzled by his behaviour. “What are you talking about?”

He grabbed her arm and pulled it up so she could see the purple marks. “Don't try to tell me that they're from Quidditch!” he said angrily.

She smiled. “They're not...look, I know how it looks, but I promise you it's completely innocent. I know you don't like Harry, but he has enough brains so that if he was like that, he would cover up any marks he left.”

“Then how did this happen?”

“Draco, I don't want to hurt you, so please believe me, it's nothing,” she pleaded. He finally let go of her arm.

“You didn't care about hurting me last week,” he hissed.

“I didn’t do anything to hurt you! How was I supposed to know you were there? Besides, you're the one who told me it was okay to love him.”

He reached up and caressed her cheek. “I didn’t realize it would hurt like this.”

“I'm sorry,” she murmured. He still held her close.

“You know, if you ever need anything, I want you to come to me. I will always be here for you.”

She could smell his aftershave; it was very manly. “Draco, we need some space between us,” she said, hoping he would give her some room before she forgot she was a married woman.

He stepped away. “You’re sure everything is fine?”

“Yes.”

“You took my breath away tonight,” he whispered.

Just then the door opened and Harry walked in. “What's going on here?” he asked. He could tell Ginny was emotional.

“Nothing, Harry. Draco saw these bruises and was concerned,” Ginny explained as she showed Harry the bruises on her arm.

Harry's eyes grew wide at the sight of them. “Honey, I'm sorry! I didn't realize I grabbed you that hard.” He then looked at Draco. “I didn't think any Malfoy worried about the well being of a Weasley.”

“I worry about any lady who I see is black and blue, and even more so when the world believes her husband can do no wrong. How did it happen?” he pushed.

“Well, if you must know, I was trying to convince her to stay home in bed tonight.”

“Well, rather than marking her up, you might try a gentle seduction instead.” He looked at Ginny, then at her cross. She touched it right away and Draco then left.

Author notes: Please leave me a review!

Leave a Review