It’s said that when two people are destined for each other, that their love lasts a lifetime. Unfortunately for Ginny Weasley, that love only lasted a year.

Though she had loved Harry and thought they would work out, that was not the case. They had more downs than ups in their relationship in and outside of Hogwarts, and in the end it broke them up.

That and on their one year anniversary, Ginny had walked into their flat and discovered a very familiar, half naked woman on their couch, staring at her with a less than shocked expression.

Pansy Parkinson’s lips twisted into a smirk and she said, “I was wondering when you’d figure it out, Weasley.”

After Ginny threw Pansy out, she turned toward the garbage can and dropped a few strands of dark hair into it. When the former Slytherin had started bad mouthing her, Ginny did the only thing she could think of – she yanked some of the girl’s hair out.

Fuming, the redhead paced, waiting for her oh so faithful boyfriend to come home so that she could have a word or two with him. Then she would curse him so badly that he wouldn’t be able to walk for a week.

Before she knew it, he stood in front of her. She hadn’t heard the loud crack that signaled his arrival, but when she saw him her eyes narrowed and she willed her fist to stay at her side.

“Oh, you’re home,” he said, sounding surprised.

“Yes,” she said, trying to keep her voice even. “You had a visitor.”

Harry blanched.

“Some of her hair is still in the trash, if you want it.” Ginny’s voice was sickly sweet as she stared at him. Then she reached out and slapped him across the face. “Piece of shit!” she whispered angrily.

He went to grab her, but she was already gone.

**


The bar was crowded, noisy and smelled of all different kinds of alcohol. There were so many men that Ginny’s head swam.

She had declined many offers already, having been there for an hour. No one seemed to soothe her aching heart. She drowned another glass of vodka and stood up, feeling like fresh air would do her good.

As she turned, she stumbled, and crashed into someone. The person staggered back slightly, brought their hands to her shoulders to steady her and looked at her with a pair of grey eyes that she knew all too well, but never thought she’d see again.

“Well, you look positively drunk, Weaslette.” Draco Malfoy smirked and stepped back, releasing her. “I would have never pictured this as something you’d do. Where’s Potter? Working hard, I assume?”

The mention of Harry made her skin crawl. She shook her head. “We’re not together anymore,” she said softly.

“What was that?” Malfoy asked loudly, cupping a hand around his ear. “Did I hear you correctly? You and Saint Potter are done? What did he do?”

Ginny pushed around him and stepped outside. The air was cool. She only walked a few feet before she heard footsteps behind her.

“Hey, wait a second! It’s rude to walk out on people when they’re talking to you.” He caught up with her, gripped her arm, and spun her around.

She glared at him. “It’s none of your business, Malfoy. You’d only make fun of me.”

“Try me.” He stared at her, his tone serious.

“I’m surprised you don’t know, what with Pansy being your best friend and all.” Ginny squeezed her eyes shut, her voice rattled. “He cheated on me. With her. There. Laugh all you want.”

Draco stood and looked at her. To her shock, he looked angry. He didn’t say anything for a long time. When he did, his voice was like nothing she’d ever heard before.

“What gives him the right to do that to someone?”

“I don’t know,” Ginny said, her eyes welling up. “But I hit him before I left, I hope he got the message.”

“If not, I could go knock some sense into him.”

“That’s not necessary.” She shook her head. “I hope he and Pansy will be very happy together.”

“They aren’t a couple.” Draco shook his head, his blond hair falling into his eyes. “They’re just…well…”

“Fucking?” Ginny supplied.

He shrugged.

“You don’t deserve that,” he said. “No one does.”

Ginny sighed and looked around. “There’s no one walking. How weird. Usually there are tons of people.”

“That’s because they’re all getting drunk,” Draco said and smirked.

“This is true,” Ginny said.

“Do you want to go get some coffee?” Draco asked abruptly. He ran a hand through his hair. “Sorry, that was rude.”

“Since when are you not rude?”

“People change, Weaslette.”

She nodded. “I guess that’s true. It’s been a while since we saw each other. I’m sorry; I shouldn’t have assumed you were the same.”

He stepped closer to her, wrapped his arms around her waist and said, “I’ll show you how different I am.”

With a crack, they vanished.

**


Sunlight streamed through the windows as Ginny cracked an eye open. She moved her hand to her face and groaned, her head spun. She definitely wasn’t in her own bed, which only meant one thing.

“Oh fuck,” she muttered.

“Well, it’s nice to know if we had slept together, you’d be unhappy about it,” said a voice from behind her. Draco was standing in the doorway, holding a tray of food. “I can’t say that doesn’t bruise my ego a bit.” His lips twitched and he chuckled.

“Oh, like you haven’t been rejected before.”

He raised an eyebrow and sat down on the mattress. He extended the tray to her.

“My reputation from school still holds true today. And I made this for you. Well, I didn’t, but you can thank the house elf when you leave.”

“Don’t you have work?” Ginny asked, sitting up. Thankfully she was wearing pajamas, so she let the blanket fall and expose her black tank top.

Draco eyed her for a moment; messy red hair, sleepy voice, and body. Then he said, “It’s the weekend. I don’t work then. I assume you don’t either, being that it’s almost noon and you haven’t gone anywhere yet.”

“No,” Ginny said, shifting and setting the tray in front of her. She was suddenly famished as she looked at the eggs, pancakes, sausage and bacon. She picked up a piece of toast and held it out to him. “So, why am I here, in your bed?”

“You didn’t want to go home last night,” Draco said. “I wasn’t about to let you wander the streets after you’d been drinking.”

“I can Apparate, you know,” Ginny said defensively.

“Uh, yeah, you were having difficulty with that. You kept running around the flat, from one spot to the other saying ‘See! I can do it!’ It was rather amusing.”

Ginny ducked her head. “That’s embarrassing,” she mumbled. “So why am I in my pajamas?”

“You conjured a pair. Are they actually yours? They’re nice.”

“I could conjure clothing but I can’t Apparate? I wasn’t even drunk.”

Draco grinned slightly. “Settle down. It’s okay. Are you feeling better now?”

“I should go home,” she said. “Harry’s probably—”

“You’re going to go back?” he asked, his voice rising a little.

“It’s Harry,” Ginny said.

“Don’t,” he said softly. “Don’t go back to him. You deserve better.”
Leave a Review