“You look better than I expected,” Bill said as he handed Draco a cup of coffee and stepped into the flat. “Ginny told me what happened. I could hardly believe that Harry would do that to you and your friend.”

“It's been a long time coming I think,” Draco replied. “Potter's got his emotions twisted up since Ginny and I are finally together. I think he expected me to use her.”

Bill sighed. “This whole thing has gotten so out of hand. Harry's a good guy. But lately, I see what you mean.” He sat on the couch. “What are you going to do about it?”

“What am I going to do about it? Wait, you're on my side?”

Bill nodded. Before he could say anything else, the front door opened and Ginny walked in. She stopped, obviously wondering why her brother was here.

“Hi,” she said brightly. “What are you doing here?”

Bill stood and hugged his sister. “I came to see how Draco was. We were just discussing a revenge plot.”

“You were doing what?” Ginny asked, turning to look at Draco.

“It's not that.”

“We want to make Harry pay, is that so wrong?” Bill asked.

Ginny shook her head. “What are you talking about? You're not going to hurt him, Bill. You like Harry, remember?”

“I did,” her brother replied. “But as told Draco, I see a change in Harry's behavior. We all do. And after the banquet, I'm sure I don't like where he's headed, wherever it is. So I want to talk to him.”

“It wouldn't help,” muttered Ginny. “He wouldn't listen to anyone. Not even to Pansy when she told him to just leave Draco and Blaise alone.”

Draco clenched his jaw, wincing slightly. “He's lucky that I blacked out, otherwise I would have smashed his head into the wall.”

“That would have solved everything.” Ginny rolled her eyes. “Honestly, can't you just talk things out?”

Both men stared at her.

“Oh, right, only girls do that.” She touched Draco's cheek. “At least you look more human than you did.”

He pulled away, scowling. “Thank you very much. I think I looked fine before.”

“Did kids run from you?” Bill wondered, smiling. “Because by the way Ginny described it, you were looking more like a monster than a man.”

“It was not that bad!” Draco shouted, glaring at Ginny. “God, why do girls always have to over exaggerate everything?”

“Hey, it's not my fault he nearly destroyed your face. You shouldn't have spoken about Pansy that way. But you never keep your thoughts to yourself, do you?”

Draco felt the muscle in his jaw tick with annoyance. “I didn't say anything that wasn't true. All I said was he didn't deserve her. That's not mean. Plus, how was I supposed to know he was going to be there? Oh, that's right. I would have if Pansy gave me a heads up.”

“Don't blame her,” Ginny snapped. “I think this would have happened no matter what. I just wish Harry would stop. It's not going to accomplish anything.”

“Then you should talk to him,” Bill interrupted. “He might listen to you.”

“No,” said Ginny, shaking her head. “I don't want to be anywhere near him.”

“Then things may never get resolved,” explained Bill. “Harry's spiraling and at this rate, the end result could be disastrous. Someone has to stop him.”

“He hasn't been home since the fight,” a voice said.

They turned. Ginny had left the door open. Pansy stood with her hands on the frame. She didn't look panicked or ever concerned.

“No one knows where he is,” she said, looking around. “Am I the only one who isn't really worried?” She glanced at Ginny.

The redhead shook her head. “It's Harry. He'll come back when he's calmed down.”

Pansy nodded. “I hope so. I want to see his face when I break up with him.” She smiled slightly. “Draco, you're looking much better. Have you spoken to Blaise?”

“Thank you,” he said, nodding. “I haven't. I'm surprised, but I suppose he doesn't want to be seen in public just yet. He looked worse than I did.”

“He really did,” agreed Pansy. She glanced at Bill. “Are you here to kill Harry too?”

Bill laughed. “Not exactly. If we killed him, we'd hurt people. But I do want to have him and Draco talk without using their fists.”

“Good luck,” mumbled Draco. “He'd take one look at me and probably blast my arm off.”

“I think he'd do more than that, mate.”

“Okay, I think we can close the door now,” Ginny said, sweeping past Blaise. “You look better. How are you feeling?”

Blaise, who was now leaning against the wall, looked around. “Fine, pet. How about you?”

“Better now,” said Ginny, smiling. “I'm glad Harry didn't cause any major damage.”

Draco slipped an arm around Ginny's waist. “I'll cause more damage to his face if I find him. Just to teach him a lesson, then I'll leave him alone.”

Ginny sighed.

**


The Burrow was full of the most delicious smell as they walked up to the front door. George greeted them.

“You brought more than Ginny with you,” he said to Bill. “I think you miscounted.”

“No, I think this is about right. We wanted to talk to you, actually.”

George inclined his neck, his eyes wide. “Oi, you two don't look so good. Get into a fight over my sister?”

So Ginny hadn't told everyone.

“Funny,” remarked Draco, touching his face. “No, actually your beloved Harry Potter did this, but I suppose we deserved it.”

“Harry did that?” George asked. “Why?”

Draco blinked at him.

“Oh, right. Well, what do you need from me?”

Before anyone could answer, Molly swept outside. “Oh! Bill, I didn't realize you were here. Who is that?”

Blaise smiled and extended a hand. “Blaise Zabini,” he said. He chuckled at her expression. “Don't worry, neither Draco nor Ginny hit me.”

“Then who did?” Molly asked.

“Oh, that would be Harry,” Draco said, frowning.

Molly shook her head. “He's been acting very strange. It's sad, because he used to be a good boy. We all loved him. But I'm glad he didn't do too much damage. Here, come inside and I'll make you all some tea.”

“What are you cooking?” Ginny asked as they walked in. “It smells great.”

“Just some meats. Feel free to have any food you want. So, tell me what happened.” Molly took a seat at the kitchen table and waited.

Ginny sat across from her while Draco stood, his hand on her shoulder. Blaise was busy helping himself to food, and Pansy was talking to George.

Suddenly the front door open and someone walked in, shouting, “Don't listen to them! That bastard tried to kill me!”

Harry Potter stood before them, covered in blood and bruises.
Leave a Review