When Draco and Ginny emerged from the bedroom an hour later, the downstairs was completely empty of guests. Neville, Luna, Blaise and Pansy were sitting on the couch in the living room.

"You two look like you need to rest," Luna said thoughtfully. "Why don't you go home?"

"Good idea," Draco said. He'd fixed his face so he was sure he looked less bloody than before. "We're sorry about ruining your party," he told them again.

Luna waved a hand dismissively. "It's alright, really. It's not your fault anyway, is it? Harry's the one that started it."

"You really dislike him, don't you?" asked Ginny.

"He's not my favorite person," Luna said, sipping her cup of tea. She glanced at Pansy. "How are you doing?"

"I'm getting there," Pansy said, slipping her hand into Blaise's. "It helps to have good people around."

Luna smiled. "We should get together more often."

When everyone agreed to do that, Neville started to turn off the lights, which was his way of telling people to leave. As Draco and Ginny stepped outside, Blaise stopped them.

"What did you mean before when you said Potter won't be coming after you again?" he whispered.

Draco, who watched Ginny talk to Pansy, replied, "I'll talk to you about it tomorrow. I don't want Ginny to know."

"You're not going to kill him, are you?" Blaise asked with a serious look.

"What? For fuck's sake, Zabini. Where did you get that from?" Draco bit his cheek, glancing at Ginny, hoping his outburst wasn't heard.

"It just sounded that way," he answered in a hushed tone.

"Well, it's not," Draco snapped quietly. "I'm not a bloody killer, and I especially wouldn't want Ginny to think I was."

"You wouldn't want me to think what?" Ginny asked as she came over.

Draco opened his mouth but the only thing that came out was, "That I'm not in the mood. I'm tired so when we get home, I'm going straight to bed."

Ginny nodded, and as she turned toward Pansy, Draco lifted his hands to Blaise in a why did I say that? manner. His friend just smirked and shook his head.

"Pansy said they're going to come over for awhile," Ginny told him. "So sleep will have to wait. They want to talk about what happened tonight, and what you plan to do about Harry." She leaned close to her boyfriend and whispered, "I know you're not a killer, too."

Draco sighed. "You heard that?"

She gave him a look. "Of course."

"I just want to devise a plan to make him leave us alone," he told her as they walked down the street.

They didn't live far from Neville and Luna's, so they could enjoy the night air and discuss what to do.

"You aren't going to kill him," Ginny said in a scolding tone. "How about you just don't touch him at all?"

"Fine," Draco grumbled.

"Thank you," Ginny said, looping her arms around his neck. "You should just leave it alone and maybe he'll go away."

"We can only hope," Draco remarked, smirking as he kissed her. "So how about we go home and have some fun?"

"I thought you were tired?" Ginny asked.

His eyes roamed her body, then he looked at her face. "With the way you look, I don't think my body will let me sleep."

**


"I wonder if Bill was there," Ginny murmured.

She had an arm draped across Draco's bare chest. He was lying with his arm behind his head, his breathing slowly returning to normal after the passion they just shared.

"He probably was," said Draco. "We wouldn't have known, would we? Fucking Potter."

Suddenly, there was a thud against the window. Ginny sat up, bringing the sheet with her. She wrapped it around herself and crossed the room. Opening the window, she saw an owl.

"A little late for you, isn't it?" she asked the bird.

It looked at her and swooped onto the bed, startling Draco. "What is that doing here?" he demanded, moving to blanket to cover himself.

Ginny giggled. "He's not going to peck at your...well, will you get the letter attached to his leg so I can pay him?"

Draco sighed and took the parchment from the bird. After Ginny paid it and it flew away, he handed her the paper.

Ginny, wondering who was contacting her at such a late hour, started to read it. She stopped and looked at Draco. "It's from Mum. She heard about what happened and wants me to visit tomorrow. She says you're coming too, that you can't get out of it."

Draco frowned. "I wonder if Bill's talking to Potter. Though I suppose now that's not such a good idea." He sat up and smirked. "Looks like I won;t have to kill your ex boyfriend after all."

"That's not funny," Ginny said as she slipped into bed with him. "How would you feel if I wanted to kill one of your ex's?"

Draco pretended to think. "I don't think I'd mind much, but it depends on the ex. You obviously have to keep Pansy around because she's your friend."

Ginny made a face. "You're such an asshole."

"Then why don't you break up with me?" he challenged.

Ginny shook her head. "Oh, I couldn't do that."

"Mmm," he murmured, sliding his hand along her side. "And why not?"

He was touching her. Again. She tried to focus long enough to speak. But he was doing something wonderful with his hand.

"I just don't want to," she said, her voice cracking.

"Because you love me," he said proudly, kissing her jaw.

He straddled her, his eyes holding hers. She leaned up and kissed him slowly, the firewhiskey he had before still lingering on his lips. She raised her hips slightly, and he entered her. Ginny dug her nails into his back. When she clutched the white sheets as the first wave hit her, she'd left behind a set of red prints.
Leave a Review