After settling through the information Ginny found, they weren't any closer to the truth. Anger and disappointment were evident on Draco's face as he stood up and paced the room, obviously trying to think of something to say to make things better.

But all he said was, “Fuck!”

Ginny frowned. “Maybe we weren't meant to do this.”

“What do you mean?” he asked sharply, eyes narrowed. “Of course we were. This is my father, goddammit. I need to know what happened.”

“But it's over now,” Ginny said, shaking her head. “It's been months, and you're a free man.”

If possible, his eyes darkened as he stared at her. “You don't understand this at all, do you? God, if this was your father, wouldn't you do everything you could to make sure what happened to him was solved?” He snatched up the papers, his hands trembling. “I need closure,” he said softly. “I need to know I'll be okay without him.”

He slumped down next to her and put his head in his hands.

“You will,” she told him gently. “You've been doing it for months now.”

He laughed coldly. “My father was murdered and I was suspected. Obviously I'm not okay. I don't think I ever will be. Not unless we figure this out.”

Ginny shook her head. “We should leave it alone.”

He stared at her. “You can't be serious. No one else is any closer to finding anything out, or they would have told me.”

Ginny sighed. “Maybe, maybe not. You thought your mother found out something and hid it from you, remember? I don't think she would ever do that.”

Draco frowned and closed his eyes. “I just want answers. Didn't you when Fred died?”

She flinched slightly at his words, but said, “I wanted answers, of course. We all did. But I understood that last battle was going to have its causalities. I just never thought I'd lose people important to me.”

“So you thought Voldemort's side would be destroyed?”

“It seemed right, didn't it?” she said. “Evil isn't supposed to win.”

“It wasn't a fairytale,” he reminded her. “Evil is real. We've all seen it up close, and now we've been without it for a long time that I think we forgot. But that's the best thing anyone could ask for, even with all of the friends we lost in the process.”

Ginny took the papers that were still in his hands and looked at them. “Is there anyone that you know that can help us with this? All I have here are random things from people to your father and newspaper articles about his past Death Eater activity.”

Draco raised an eyebrow. “How on earth did you manage to get all of that?”

Ginny smirked. “I'm cunning.”

Draco laughed. “Well, I guess I rubbed off on you somewhat. I can get Blaise over here tomorrow and maybe he can help us. Pansy, too. What do you think?”

“I think that's better than the two of us,” Ginny replied. “We'd have a fresh pair of eyes.”

He yawned and slipped an arm around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. “It's late. We're probably over thinking everything. Let's get some sleep, and we'll start again in the morning.”

“After we've had the right amount of coffee to function.”

“After coffee,” he agreed.

**


The noise was infuriating, Draco thought, as he rolled over and glared at the bedroom door. He growled and said, “Who the bloody hell is here so early?”

Ginny, whose head was under her pillow, groaned. “Go see who it is.”

“They'll stop when we don't answer,” he said, gripping her waist and pulling her against him. He pressed his lips to the back of her neck. “We could occupy our time.”

Ginny turned her head and kissed him, her fingers sliding into his hair. When he made a sound of appreciation, she smirked. His skin was warm against her hand as she slid her nails across his chest and stomach. He closed his eyes at her touch, and buried his face in her hair as her fingers wrapped around him.

Her lips were hot against his collarbone as she kissed him. “Please don't stop,” he said.

When he opened his eyes, she was straddling him, her eyes dark, breathing sharp. He lifted himself to kiss her mouth, and as she sank into him, he thoroughly enjoyed hearing her moan. They had settled into a good rhythm when the banging at the front door started again, and with it, a voice.

“Let me in, dammit!”

Draco groaned, and he wished it was because of the redhead on top of him. He watched as she laid beside him, her head on his chest.

“I'm sorry,” she muttered. “But you should get the door.”

“I'd rather just stay with you.” He sighed and left the room. Pulling the door open, he came face to face with Blaise. “What are you doing here?”

“You seem irritated,” he said as he entered. “I suppose I interrupted your morning shag.”

“Yes,” Draco said bitterly. “What can I do for you at this ungodly hour?”

Blaise smiled. “I'll make you some coffee. You're less snappy then. Oh, good morning, pet.”

Ginny had emerged from the bedroom, dressed in a black top and dark jeans. Her hair was in a messy bun, her face void of makeup. She leaned against the counter, folding her arms across her chest.

“Good morning, interrupter. Where's my coffee?”

Blaise laughed and went into the kitchen. While he was preparing the coffee he said, “I stopped by to tell you that I saw Harry.” He looked at them. “Yes, I expected that expression.”

Draco laced his fingers behind his head and stared at the ceiling. Then said to Blaise, “Did he happen to see you?”

“No.” He smirked. “We're going to repay him for what he did to us.”

“I don't think that's such a smart idea,” said Ginny.

Draco lowered his head, his eyes on hers. “The time for smart ideas is long gone.”
Leave a Review