Somehow during the kiss Draco had ended up in the tub. Now completely soaked but still not looking at Ginny's naked form, he scowled, hand over his eyes.

“You really are a gentleman,” she murmured, moving closer to him. She wrapped a hand around his and removed it from his face. “But I think it's time to stop being so polite.”

Then her mouth was against his, her fingers wrapped in his hair, and her body pressed against him. He returned the kiss eagerly, his fingertips brushing her collarbone.

Ginny inhaled sharply, then pulled away from him, her hair coming loose. She blinked at him, a slow blush rising in her cheeks. When she wrapped her arms around herself, he lowered his head.

“That wasn't right,” he told her as he climbed out. He stood in soggy shoes and clothes that weighed too much. “I'm sorry.”

“It's not your fault,” Ginny said. “Can you turn around?”

“You're serious?” He asked incredulously. “But we just-”

“I know.” She gave him a sheepish look. “Please, Draco?”

The way she said his name, the way she looked, made him nod sluggishly. “Alright,” he said and turned around.

He heard her get out, heard her shiver slightly and pad across the bathroom to the sink. She said something to him but he wasn't really listening. He was trying to control himself enough to look at her.

But he was even afraid to do that because he knew if he did, if he took one look at her, he would crumble. He knew how much he wanted her, but he didn't know how much she wanted him.

If she really did at all.

Or if she was just playing with him.

He didn't want to think about the latter. He wanted to know that what he was feeling, what he hadn't felt in a long time, that she was feeling it too.

“You can turn around.”

When he did, he saw she was wearing a pair of black pajama pants and a gray tank top, her hair in a ponytail. She was looking at herself in the mirror and scrunching her nose.

Draco smiled and came up behind her, staring at his reflection. “What are you doing, Gin?”

“I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with me,” she said.

“What?” Draco said, chuckling softly. “Why would you think there's anything wrong with you?”

She shrugged. “Harry cheated, so that means there's something he didn't like about me. I want to know what it is.”

Draco sighed, placed his hands on her shoulders and kissed the top of her head.

“There is nothing wrong with you, Ginny Weasley. Look at yourself. You're beautiful and you mean more to someone else than you ever did to that git.”

Ginny turned to face him, her eyes bright. She smiled softly. “Thank you.”

Then she stood on her toes and kissed him gently.

**


When Ginny opened her eyes, she was staring into flames. She had fallen asleep in front of the fire. Stretching, she pulled the wool blanket around herself.

“Hey,” mumbled a voice. “Did you sleep well?”

“What time is it?” she asked, looking over her shoulder at him.

Draco shrugged, wrapped his arms around her and kissed the spot between her neck and shoulder. She didn't question him, just leaned back against him. She shut her eyes as his hands traveled across her stomach.

“I'm sorry if this wasn't what you were looking for,” he muttered against her ear.

She turned her head and pressed her lips against his. “This is okay. I know you only did this to make me feel better.”

He didn't want to tell her that sleeping with her meant something to him, because this whole thing was already so screwed up.

He took a breath. “I have to tell you something and you're probably not going to like it.”

“I know you have feelings for me,” she said, frowning. “That's part of the reason I let this happen. Because I feel-”

Draco held up his hand. “If that sentence is going to end badly, I'd rather you just stopped talking.”

She gave him a small smile. “You're so negative. What I was going to say was that I feel it too. I shouldn't, but I do.”

He leaned over and kissed her cheek, laid back down, bringing her with him. For a long time, they stared at each other, his fingers tracing her jaw lightly.

“We don't have to do anything else until you're ready, and I don't just mean sex. I don't think we should have done it now, but it happened, and I don't regret it.”

“It was nice,” Ginny said quietly. “It meant something to do it with someone who actually cares about me. Physical intimacy is something I lacked with Harry for a while – that should have been a hint that he was getting it elsewhere.”

“I still don't understand. Why Pansy?” Draco asked. “I mean, does he know who she is, that she's not capable of feeling anything?”

Ginny shrugged. “He's not looking for love, Draco. He's just looking to satisfy his urges. I guess Pansy's the ticket. Does it bother you?”

“It doesn't bother me that he's with her, but it still gets to me what he did to you. I hope we don't run into them again, for Harry's sake. I'd hate to see what you do to him.”

Ginny smirked. “I wouldn't hurt him too badly.”

“Is that so?” Draco asked, raising an eyebrow. “Because I would personally love to see him taken down a notch.”

“If I hurt him, what would it do? Nothing. It wouldn't change what he did, wouldn't make him regret losing me.”

Draco's eyes lit up slowly, and a very Slytherin-like expression came across his face. He leaned close.

“Then why don't we make him regret it?” he whispered against her ear.
Leave a Review