3rd of June 1997



Who would have thought that 2 days before Draco Malfoy’s 17th birthday is his wedding to Ginny Weasley. Obviously, he did not. Turned out, creative imagination is not his strong trait. Because here he is in his childhood bedroom, getting dressed as a groom. He was busy fixing his emerald green tie that he did not realize his father, Lucius, has already entered the room.

“Let me” The older Malfoy says as he stands beside his son in front of the mirror. Draco turns to his left to face his father who is wearing a long black coat over a suit of the same color.

After adjusting his son’s tie, Lucius taps Draco’s shoulders as if straightening his white dress shirt. Ricky then hands the cement grey vest to Draco. The younger Malfoy buttoned it up. Glancing at the mirror, he saw his father staring at him while smiling slightly. Lucius reached out for the silver grey tuxedo that Ricky was holding. Draco spreads his arms as his father carefully dons the suit into him.

Seeing the reflection of his heir in the mirror, Lucius could not help but smile.

“You look good son. As always, you make me very proud” Surprised at his father’s endearing words, Draco just nodded.

Lucius shows him a vintage pure silver pocket watch. Its case body and half hunter cover are embedded with ancient runes. The latch release and crown are shaped like the head of the same snake as that on Lucius’ walking stick.

“Of course. Nothing less as the wedding gift to the Malfoy heir” Lucius gave Draco the watch before pinning the silver chain to the second button of the vest. The numbers around the front cover are carved in white. Emerald hands are visible from the small crystal. Pressing the snake-like latch, Draco unlocks the case. Inside is a magical clock. In place of hours on the clock’s face were a series of possible locations with now three platinum hands bearing their faces pointed at “Home”.

“Aside from being aesthetically pleasing, it is also practical and useful isn’t it?” Lucius says as he smoothen the rest of Draco’s suit, making the younger Malfoy wonder if his father is actually referring to someone else. “You need that extra hand, now that Ginevra will be joining our family today as your wife”

“Draco, my son. You are very handsome” His mother, Narcissa, came bursting into the room holding the Weasley’s DIY rustic corsage boutonniere. Reality hits really hard.


--------


“Parfaite!” exclaims the slim, brown-haired French man in front of Ginny Weasley. Coming from Claude, that sounds like she got an outstanding score for all the hair and make-up tests and procedure she has gone through up to this day. Ginny lost track of how long she has been sitting across the mirror spelled to hide her reflection while Claude applies his magic on her ordinary face and wild flaming hair.

“Tres belle!” He clasped his hands and the large mirror cleared out to reveal her new look. Shock is an understatement. She is almost unrecognizable. Her hair is in a complicated chignon. With her fair complexion highlighted, freckles concealed, eyebrows wonderfully shaped and brown eyes emphasized, capped off with a tinge of blush on her cheeks and pinkish red lips- just like what they have been aiming for. She looks simple, light, and natural but

“Beautiful” Estel, the house-elf beside her, coos. She is wearing a metallic green tea towel shaped like a dress plus a silver ribbon tied as a bow on her head. She looks like a gift. “Missuz iz very pretty. Beautiful Missuz.”

“Thank you” Still not used to Ginny’s gratitude towards the servants, Estel bows deeply until her nose almost touched Ginny’s ivory kid suede closed toe heels.

“Mademoiselle…It iz time for the dress” Claude announces. And they all looked at this year’s fashion masterpiece by Madam Tattings. As if he is the godmother from the Muggles’ Cinderella story, Claude flicked his wand and the wedding gown flew from the mannequin to Ginny’s right side.

Ginny consciously removes the ankle-length, off-white silk couture robe covering the two-piece nude-colored lingerie she is wearing underneath. Estel holds the discarded clothing for her. Ginny then tentatively grasps the satin fabric before Claude helps her in donning the striking ivory dress. The top is a patterned lace cover-up with ¾ long sleeves while the bodice is in A-line with a cathedral length train. She could not help but feel like she is a pauper turned princess attending a huge ball.

“Magnifique!” Claude squeals in delight as he gives her another once over.

“Quite” Narcissa comments as she studies Ginny in the mirror. Her future mother-in-law is wearing a metallic grey dress with patterned long sleeves and floor-length pleated skirt. She opens a foot-sized black velvet jewelry box. Inside are matching tiara, earrings, and bracelet- all bejeweled with diamonds and emeralds.

“Mrs. Malfoy. This is…too much…I can’t…” Ginny blurts out.

“No…This is what the Malfoy bride deserves. And I picked these accessories as they complement well your rings and dress.” Narcissa lifts one tear drop earring from the cushion and fastens it into Ginny’s left ear followed by the other.

“Claude…would you be a darling and get the veil” The French man enthusiastically agreed. Within seconds, he has attached the fingertip-length see-through veil into the tiara. The band was lined with small diamonds and emerald, at the center was a two-inch oval-shaped emerald. Narcissa then gracefully placed the headdress on Ginny’s hair, “You look perfect Ginevra".

Narcissa exited the room quietly when Molly came to see her only daughter. The Weasley matriarch is clothed in a metallic taupe grey sheath dress with warm taupe wrist-length cover-up.

“My lovely daughter!” She said, teary-eyed. Good thing, Claude’s assistant Jacque, used waterproof mascara.

“Time flies so fast. As if it was only yesterday when I held you for the first time as my baby girl. Now you have grown up into a pretty woman, a beautiful bride.” Molly sniffs from her handkerchief as she side-hugs Ginny, careful not to crumple both of their dresses.

“Thank you dear for everything. We are very fortunate to have you Ginny” Molly pulls down the veil to cover her daughter’s face.

“This is the Weasley touch that will complete your wedding look” Her mother beamed, handing her an asymmetrical bouquet made of peonies, roses, hydrangea, daisy, carnation and dahlia in white, pink, orange and red hues interspersed with greens- all from the Burrow.

“These flowers have been enchanted to remain fresh and last forever…just like you are a daughter to us” Ginny embraced her mother tightly, “Oh mum!”


--------


Once the pianist began playing Pachelbel’s Canon in D, Draco Malfoy turned his attention towards the ballroom entrance. Ginny Weasley is gracefully walking down the aisle with her father. All his mother’s efforts have paid off. The French beauty team has turned the red-head country bumpkin into an elegant pureblood bride. She seems to be floating, the voluminous tail of her dress making soft waves as she moves. The “ugly duckling” has become a swan.

As they come near him, he notes how her face appears to be glowing behind her veil. Draco refused to use the term “radiant” though. Once they reached the well-decorated platform, her father tenderly stirs her to Draco. The bride hesitantly accepted the left hand that the groom extended. Draco then assisted her so that she could position herself comfortably in front of him. Now that they are face to face, Albus Dumbledore magnified his voice to address the audience.

“We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two faithful souls. We are the lucky witnesses to the joining of Draco Lucius Malfoy and Ginevra Molly Weasley in marriage. As they promise to love, trust, and honor one another and happily spend the rest of their lives together. “

Weasley’s right hand suddenly felt clammy. Is she trembling?

“It matters not what someone is born, it’s what they grow to be. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are. We can’t choose our fate but we can choose others”

Funny. Aren’t they the only two people who do not have any choice but to be stuck together forever?

“It is impossible to manufacture or imitate love”

This is new. Draco and Dumbledore actually agreed on something.

“But you can work together towards a long-lasting marriage. Deep in your heart and soul is its source”

Or not.

“Where your treasure is, there will be your heart also. There are just some things you can’t share without liking each other. Oh to be young and feel love’s keen sting!”

Weasley actually blushed at that?

“Marriage is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution. Indifference and neglect often do more than outright dislike”

Did that old fool just glance at Draco when he said that?

“Time will not slow down when something unpleasant lies ahead”
What could probably top this ordeal.

“Remember though that we only are as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. You are protected by your ability to love”

The headmaster is being his usual self, a broken phonograph. Dumbledore then asked the couple to intertwine their right forearms.

“Draco, do you choose Ginevra to be your wife and your only love
To dream, live, play, and laugh together
To always seek out the best in her
To always be faithful and love her with all your heart
From this day onward, until the very end?”

This is really happening. Draco is slightly shaking now, “I do”

“Ginevra, do you choose Draco to be your husband and your only love;
To dream, live, play, and laugh together
To always seek out the best in him
To always be faithful and love him with all your heart
From this day onward, until the very end?”

He heard her nervously reply, “I do”

Dumbledore then calls out, “The rings please.”

The two wedding bands floated from the scroll to the space between Draco and Ginny.

Dumbledore continues, “May these serve as a powerful reminder of your marriage and commitment to each other. These symbolize your pledge to love each other forever, through thick and through thin, and with all that you have. For love is eternal”

Draco reached out for the smaller platinum band, its upper portion lined with diamonds, “With this ring, I marry you Ginevra”

He has not called her by her given name before. The letters MW glow as he inserts the ring on her finger, next to the engagement ring. It is his bride’s turn. She grasps for the plain but larger platinum band, “With this ring, I marry you Draco”

His first name sounds foreign coming from her mouth. The same letters engraved inside the ring glowed when she slipped it into his finger.

“Then I declare you bonded for life!” Is that twinkle on Dumbledore’s eyes? “You may now kiss the bride!”

Draco clears his throat. Does he actually feel anxious? Well, how could he not. He would be kissing the Weaslette, Ginny Weasley. Well technically she has become a Malfoy a few seconds ago. Does that even matter? Lifting her veil, he could see that she is not feeling any less embarrassed than him. He could do this. It is just a kiss. They have snogged others before. It is just that, it is going be their first time doing it. Whatever. He scooped her waist, tugging her closer to him then their lips touched. As if on reflex, he deepened the kiss and she kissed him back.

With that, Dumbledore gleefully proclaimed, “Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure!”


--------


Ginny soon found out the reason why Madam Tattings labeled her wedding dress as “convertible” and “2-in1”. The lace cover-up was removed, revealing a tube top. The train has been shortened into chapel-length. These would enable Ginny to comfortably move around during the reception to greet the guests and of course dance. She dreads both activities.

To balance her outfit, the tiara has become the necklace adorning Ginny’s upper chest and a diamond-studded bracelet clasped her right wrist. Her mane has also been restyled into a waterfall braid. Once Claude finished retouching her make-up, Ginny was hastily ushered out of the guest room with Estel in tow.

“Estel greets the Young Mistress congratulations” Squeaks the house-elf beside her. This caused Ginny to abruptly stop walking.

“What did you call me?” She asks the shy creature. She must just have heard wrong.

“Young Mistress” Estel bows down to her.

“No need to call me that Estel” Ginny says awkwardly, resuming her stride.

“But Estel must…Estel is a good elf. Young Mistress owns her now-“ Ginny cuts the elf’s explanation,

“What do you mean?” How did she become a slave owner?

“Estel is a present to Young Mistress now that Young Mistress is Young Master’s wife” Taking in the elf’s enthusiastic tennis-ball eyes, Ginny almost shrieked “What the fuck”.

“I don’t understand why you must be so slow physically and mentally” Ginny turned at the owner of the voice. Speaking of ‘Young Master”, there he is waiting at the top of the landing with both hands in his pockets. Why must a devil like him look like an angel in silver grey tuxedo?

Draco Malfoy is handsome indeed in formal clothes. Ginny blushed at the thought.

Already pissed off, the blond Slytherin raised his left eyebrow and crossed his arms, “Do you need a push from your house-elf so you would hurry up?!”

She chose to ignore his snide comment. When she came near him, she noticed again how attractive he is up close and those soft lips she felt on hers earlier. But of course he has to open his mouth, “Come on! You are as sluggish as your Cleansweep.”

Surprisingly, his pull was gentle. Ginny has no choice but to hold on to his right bicep for support. The railings have been completely decorated with red, white, pink, and yellow roses.

They could hear the portraits in the wall bustling as they descend the grand staircase.

“Aha! I always knew you would not disappoint me!” A blond-haired old man whistles from the center frame- Abraxas Malfoy, the perpetrator of this arranged marriage and now her grandfather-in-law.

“Another imbecile elderly” His grandson mutters under his breath. She redirected her attention to the ceiling where an enormous chandelier hangs surrounded with thousands of fairylights.

“Ladies and gentlemen…The newly-weds, Mr. Draco and Mrs. Ginevra Malfoy!” Minister Cornelius Fudge booms as they reach the bottom of the stairs. Fake smiles plastered on the couple’s faces.

Once they are standing on the stage, the guests started to clink their glasses. Two crystal goblets half-filled with blood red liquid appeared in their hands.

“To the newly-weds!” Ministed Fudge toasts which the others seconded. Ginny sniffs the beverage suspiciously.

“Of course you do not have any idea. It is elf-made wine. The finest quality” Her husband snorts from her right.

“And we should drink it like this, my dear WIFE” He snickers sarcastically before snaking his right hand over hers. Bewildered, Ginny copied his action. The wine actually has a fruity taste. They heard a round of applause followed by plates of food materializing in their table.

To signal dessert, a large three-tiered cake is wheeled into the stage. One look and you know it was made by Molly Weasley. The bottom layer was maroon red with golden silhouettes of the Burrow. The middle layer was gold with wild flowers from their backyard. There was a moving figurine of a red-haired girl in Quidditch robes riding a broom while carrying a quaffle. The last layer was silver with the golden snitch zooming in front of another figurine of a blond boy flying in his broomstick. On top of the cake were a snake hissing and a lion roaring.

“Cut the cake lovebirds!” Minister Fudge cheers. A silver cake knife turns up in Ginny’s right hand.

“Let’s get this done and over with” Her husband covers her hand with his and together they slice a portion of the cake’s base.

Their skinship does not end there. There is still their wedding waltz that has made Ginny extremely anxious since the first afternoon they practiced. She won’t admit it to his face but Draco Malfoy is a man of many talents. And dancing is one of them. His long-term girlfriend was even a ballerina! How could she compete with that?!

He bows down to her and extends his left hand. She timidly accepts it as she curtsy. He then leads her at the center of the ballroom. The orchestra began playing the Blue Danube.

“Thanks Merlin, you have not mutilated my feet so far” Ginny rolled her eyes at his mocking remark.

“It’s not yet too late for that SWEETHEART” She says through gritted teeth. He laughs. Is that real laughter coming from Draco Malfoy? Scary.

“Keep this up and this marriage won’t be as boring as I thought it would be” He smiled before twirling her. Her father later caught her, “Gin-bug, May I have this dance?”

“You look stunning Ginevra” Her father-in-law coolly stated during their brief waltz.

“Nice wedding Ginny” Bill heartily comments “Thank you for impressing my French in-laws”

“There is my girl on fire who got married before me!” Charlie chuckles as he spins her.

“I always knew you were born to do something great Ginny” Percy says on his turn.

“We did not know that ferret and weasel could actually look good together” The twins tease as the two of them sway her across the dance floor, “We got the fireworks to celebrate!”

“Hey Ginny” Ron greets her self-consciously. “Sorry I was not much of a brother recently. I did not get to help-”

“Oh Ron! Forget about it. There is nothing we can do about it” She says hugging him, “Too bad, I did not invite Hermione so you could have danced with her tonight”

Someone coughs behind her brother, “I believe the last dance has been reserved for me”

Ron uneasily hands her to her dashing groom. He placed his right arm to her waist, his left hand holding her right hand. She could see his wedding band shine.

“Turns out, dancing skills could not be inherited. Your mother is a natural dancer.” She raised an eyebrow at that. Did he just compliment her mother? She saw him dancing with her mum after his mother earlier.

“Glad to know some of the Weasley genes could keep up with the Malfoy standards” Then they heard noises coming from the outside.

"Fireworks!" She gasps. Ginny pulled away from her partner and scurry off to join the other spectators of the light show.

--------

‘She definitely needs more lessons on being a lady’ Draco shakes his head as he follows her. One of her crystal-clad shoes fell off while she was running to the balcony.

He sees her clumsily balancing herself in one high heel, her right foot tip-toed over her other shoe. Her eyes remained glued on the sky filled with green, red, silver, and gold sparks.

“You are forgetting something” He whispers to her right ear. Goosebumps appeared on her bare shoulder. She gazed at him with confusion when he crouched down in front of her. Her chocolate orbs widen when he pulled her right leg. He grins at her after slipping the shoe back to her bare foot. She sends him an embarrassed smile, their surnames “MALFOY & WEASLEY” sparkling in the sky.

Author notes: I know this is a bit late. But it is better to be late than never or so they say. I have been inflicted with perfection procrastination these past few weeks. I could not begin this chapter because I wanted all the details to be perfect and in-synced. I let myself get side-tracked. I even made some drabbles of Feltwright. Yes, of Tom Felton and Bonnie Wright. They actually look good together. So if anyone knows where I can post them. Hahaha. Anyway, I redirected myself to finally write this chapter I was being meticulous about. I reminded myself that practice makes perfect. But no one is perfect, so why practice. Still, I persisted to write. The wedding vows have been sourced from different wedding websites. And of course Harry Potter books were the reference of Dumbledore's lines. Tell me what you think about it.

Leave a Review