Warning: There is consenual sex in this chapter. (There was no option to add this one above so I'm hoping this is an adequate warning...)

*~*~*~*~*


Chapter Four: My Immortal

I’m so tired of being here
Suppressed by all of my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
Because your presence still lingers here
And it won’t leave me alone

These wounds won’t seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There’s just too much that time cannot erase

When you’d cry I’d wipe away all of your tears
When you’d scream I’d fight away all of your fears
And I’ve held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
But now I’m bound by the life you left behind
Your face its haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

These wounds won’t seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There’s just too much that time cannot erase

When you’d cry I’d wipe away all of your tears
When you’d scream I’d fight away all of your fears
And I’ve held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

I’ve tried so hard to tell myself that you’re gone
And though you’re still with me
I’ve been alone all along

When you’d cry I’d wipe away all of your tears
When you’d scream I’d fight away all of your fears
And I’ve held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me


-Evanescence

*~*~*~*~*


Ginevra ran as fast as she ever had, with no thoughts crossing her mind about where she was headed, or who she was headed to, she was so overwhelmed by the situation that she just needed to be alone to process what had happened with Harry, and what it all meant in retrospect. Ginny was just following her feet, trusting that her subconscious knew where she needed to go.

Suddenly, Ginny’s escape was interrupted when she ran into the chest of someone and fell to the cold stone floor in the corridor just past the Gryffindor common room. Not bothering to look up to see who she had run into, Ginny just sat up, gathered her knees to her chest and burst into tears, followed by sobs, which caused her small body to wrack with each cry that she emitted.

“Ginevra, what happened? Are you alright?” Draco asked concerned as he knelt down beside Ginny to attempt to comfort her.

“Draco, what are you doing here?” Ginny returned in a weak effort to gather her composure.

“Well, when I saw that you hadn’t come down for dinner, I was worried about you, so I thought I would come and see where you were. Apparently it was a good thing I came to check on you, now will you please tell me what has gotten you so upset? Was it something I did?” Draco asked sympathetically, while putting his hand under Ginny’s chin so that she would look at him.

“Oh Draco, I’m sorry, no it isn’t anything you did, I promise I will explain everything later, but right now I need to go somewhere in the castle far away from here, anywhere.” Ginny pleaded, but Draco needn’t be asked again, as he knew exactly where to take her.

“Anything for you, Ginevra…”

*~*~*~*~*


Almost thirty minutes later, Draco and Ginny reached a portrait deep within the winding corridors of the cold, damp Hogwart’s dungeons. Draco whispered the password, and the portrait swung open to reveal Draco’s private chambers.

It was the most beautiful room Ginny had ever seen at Hogwart’s, the large four-poster bed sat against the opposite wall, covered in a duvet of forest green, and a canopy of intense black, that flowed into the curtains surrounding the bed. The stone walls and floor seemed to shimmer, creating the look of silver. A large fireplace was located on the left side of the room, its mantle covered by lavish accessories. On the right side if the room were two doors, made of the magnificent antique wood found throughout the entire castle. The room was not very large, but cozy considering its location in the dungeons, and extremely spacious for a private room.

Ginny finally moved to sit on the edge of Draco’s bed after admiring the room for a moment. “Draco?” Ginevra asked rather than stated.

Draco replied trying to sound encouraging yet not forceful, “Yes.”

“I am so happy that you came to find me, I need to talk to you about what happened. I need to straighten everything out, but I can’t seem to do it in my head; I know what I want, but I can’t express it.” As Ginny said this, Draco went and sat down beside Ginny on his bed.

“After classes this afternoon, I decided to go back to my dorm and take a nap before dinner. I woke up terribly late, and rushed down so that I wouldn’t miss dinner. But when I reached the common room, Harry Potter was waiting for me, and no one else was there.” Ginny rushed through the beginning of her story as if she couldn’t push the thoughts out of her head fast enough.

Draco put his arm around Ginny’s shoulder to calm her as she became frightened to continue telling Draco her story. ‘Maybe I made a mistake, maybe I shouldn’t tell Draco what happened. I don’t think that I could go through all that pain again if he were to change his mind about me. I can’t hide this from him though, he has been so supportive, and he doesn’t deserve to be treated that way. Oh Merlin, why does this have to be so complicated? I finally know that I want to be with Draco and I cannot bring myself to tell him what happened earlier…’ These disconcerting thoughts suddenly overwhelmed Ginny, but she had progressed so much during the past few days, and knew that she owed it to Draco to be honest with him.

Draco gave Ginny a reassuring smile, “Ginevra, you shouldn’t feel pressured to tell me what happened if you aren’t ready, I will understand if you need some time to sort things out.”

“No, Draco I need to tell you, I will finally be able to move on once I get everything out in the open, Harry will not cause me any more confusion or distress, I won’t let him.” Ginny’s voice became forceful and confident with her last statement, her determination becoming evident as she turned to look into Draco’s eyes.

Those silver-grey pools drew her in, and Ginevra’s uncertainty was abolished as she saw into Draco’s soul, and uncovered the yet unspoken feelings that were hidden deep within him. Ginny was now assured that her feelings were reciprocated by Draco and knew that she would not have to endure the terrible games that Harry had played with her heart.

Ginny was finally ready to continue with her story, if she ever wanted a relationship with Draco she had no other choice. “Harry had been waiting for me to come down, and when I did he said he needed to talk to me. When I told him that there was nothing to discuss, he became hostile, and grabbed me, making me listen to what he had to say.”

Draco was becoming furious, ‘Why the bloody hell won’t that Potter just back off, doesn’t he realize that he lost his chance long ago, I can’t believe that he would do that to her.’

“Then, he-he told me…” Ginny could feel the all too familiar sensation of the tears welling up inside, ‘No, not again, I promised myself that I would get past this, Harry Potter has no excuse for causing you this agony again.’ “He told me that he loved me, that I deserved better than you, and that you would dump me in a second for Pansy if you had the chance. He even had the audacity to say that he saw you with her today and that I might as well give up because I would come crying to him later looking for his sympathy.” Ginny was reminded of all the pain that Harry had caused her for all those years, and the fury began to burn deep within her soul as she repeated the earlier event to Draco.

“Ginevra, I was never with Pansy today, you need to know that I care about you too much to ever hurt you.” Draco was suddenly anxious because he was scared about what he might lose, ‘She can’t believe Potter, I have finally found what makes me happy, and I would do anything for her, if I lose her now I don’t know what will happen to me.’

“That’s exactly what I told Harry, but even him accusing you of cheating on me wasn’t what was so upsetting. He made me feel like I was worthless, like I had no feelings; he was so degrading, and his words stung even more because I never expected that from him. And you know what? His words didn’t rip at my heart like I thought they would, they destoryed the little pride that I had left in myself.” Draco could see the pain in Ginny’s eyes, but it wasn’t the grief that he saw days before on the train, no this was the pain of someone who was betrayed by someone they thought they knew.

“He wouldn’t believe that I didn’t love him anymore, he tried to convince me that I still had feelings for him. You know, I think I’m angrier with myself for not seeing how fake he was, and believing that was really him for so many years. Oh, and that’s not all either, when I tried to leave again, he kissed me. I’m so sorry Draco, I tried to push him away, I really did, but he was too strong and I couldn’t pull away.” Ginny lowered her head and looked down at her hands, which she was moving around uneasily in her lap. She couldn’t look Draco in the eyes; she feared that he would not forgive her, and that she would be heart-broken again. She couldn’t face that depression again, she had been there and couldn’t bear going through that again, she wouldn’t survive it a second time.

Draco gently lifted Ginny’s face so that he could look into her eyes. Ginny was shocked when she saw love, not hormone-driven lust that most teenage boys have, but an everlasting, eternal love that made Ginny blush, the kind that everyone goes through life hoping to find, but most are never fortunate enough to experience. “Ginny, love, I trust you, I know that you are over Harry, I know that you didn’t plan it or expect for any of it to happen…”

Ginny interrupted Draco’s sincere explanation of his thoughts, “Draco I know, you don’t need to explain, I knew that you would understand, and that’s why I’m being completely honest with you. I realized something when Harry kissed me, I love you more than I ever loved Harry, and when Harry was kissing me I was disappointed that it wasn’t you that I was kissing. I always thought that I could never live without Harry, I have dreamed for years about the moment when Harry would finally kiss me, but then it actually happened, and I only wanted to be with you…”

Ginny was brought back from her ramblings when Draco suddenly interjected, his mind finally processing what Ginny has just told him, “Did you just say that you love me?” Draco asked not absolutely believing what he thought he had just heard Ginevra say.

Draco smirked as Ginny looked away from him, her heart beating rapidly, “Yes, I did Draco.” Ginny replied shyly, almost inaudibly.

For the first time in Draco’s life someone was expressing their emotions to him, and Draco returned them. He had never felt this way for anybody before, and knew that he probably never would, Draco was not going to lose this opportunity, “I love you too Ginevra.”

Ginny looked up as Draco captured her lips with his, as he was determined to never let his love go. The kiss was strong and full of pent-up emotion that neither could express adequately with words, but quickly became passionate, and filled with lust. Draco deepened the kiss as he pulled Ginny close to him, her arms instinctively wrapping around Draco’s neck.

Ginny’s arms roamed Draco’s muscular back as she felt his hot lips against her skin. Draco kissed her jaw line, down her neck, and along her collarbones. Ginny had never felt so wanted, and desired before, she needed Draco now more than she would ever admit to herself.

Ginny’s hands began to unbutton Draco’s white school shirt, as Draco’s lips found their way to Ginny’s once again. Their kiss quickly became heated and ardent as Draco’s hands started to roam over Ginny’s body; they found their way to the front of Ginny’s blouse, and Draco began to methodically unbutton it.

When Ginny’s blouse was long forgotten, Draco pulled away from Ginny, “Ginevra, I love you, and I can’t imagine what my life would have been like without you.” Draco told Ginny while trying to catch his breath.

“I love you too Draco, and more than that, I trust you and I know that you would never do anything to hurt me.” Ginny replied becoming slightly anxious. Ginny caught Draco’s lips once again; she leaned back on the bed and pulled Draco on top of her, placing them in a very intimate position.

Draco’s hands found their way to Ginny’s milky white breasts as he was exploring her body, and he began to gently massage each one. This caused a new, enjoyable sensation in Ginny, one that made her hormones go wild. Ginny continued to move her hands over Draco’s toned chest; her hands journeyed over his flat, muscular stomach, and stopped when they reached the top of his pants.

Ginny slowly, and nervously proceeded to unbuckle Draco’s black leather belt, and unfasten his black school pants. Draco lifted himself slightly off of Ginevra to allow his pants to slide down his legs, and then kicked them off to leave him solely in his green boxers.

Draco placed his lips on Ginny’s chest and made a trail of kisses down her torso. Ginevra’s smell intoxicated Draco, she smelled wonderfully of vanilla, exhilarating Draco even more. He finally kissed just below her belly button, and placed his hands on the top of her grey skirt before looking up into Ginny’s eyes seeking permission. Ginny nodded weakly and blushed, having never been this far with anyone before, and knowing where they were headed.

Draco seductively removed Ginny’s skirt and panties, and consequently his own boxers. Draco kissed Ginevra fervently one more time, before placing himself above Ginny and entering her untouched body.

Draco and Ginny made love for the first time that night, yes Draco had had sex before, but never with a person he loved and cared for like Ginny. Ginny fell asleep with Draco’s arm draped over her stomach, holding her as close to his body as he possibly could. Both slept soundly that night, falling asleep relishing in the moments they had shared with each other that evening.

*~*~*~*~*
Leave a Review