Haunted

Long lost words whisper slowly to me
Still can’t find what keeps me here
When all this time I’ve been so hollow inside
I know you’re still there

Watching me wanting me
I can feel you pull me down
Fearing you loving you
I won’t let you pull me down

Hunting you I can smell you – alive
Your heart pounding in my head

Watching me wanting me
I can feel you pull me down
Saving me raping me
Watching me

Watching me wanting me
I can feel you pull me down
Fearing you loving you
I won’t let you pull me down


-Evanescence

*~*~*~*~*


Ginny woke up the next morning feeling disoriented, as she looked around the room, she felt Draco holding her, and thoughts of the previous rushed back to her. ‘A week ago I never could have thought that there was anyone out there for me other than Harry Potter, but I was wrong. Now that I have found Draco I couldn’t be happier…’

Ginny’s thoughts were interrupted as Draco began to shift, his eyes fluttered open and he smirked as he looked at Ginny. ‘I’m not letting my father get in the way of me living my life, I don’t care what he thinks of my relationship with Ginny, I love her and I am never going to let her get away.’

Ginny turned around to face Draco, and blushed as she saw Draco staring at her with a smirk across his face. “Good morning Ginevra.” Draco said seductively as he pulled Ginny closer to him and gave her a chaste kiss on her swollen lips.

Just then, a clock suddenly chimed, and Ginny looked over to see that it was seven o’clock. “Oh Merlin, look at the time! I had better get back to my dorm before anyone notices I was out all night.” Ginny said undecidedly, not wanting to leave Draco’s arms.
Draco made a puppy-dog face, “Ah, do you have to go? If you stay we can go to breakfast together…” Draco argued pulling Ginny closer to him in an attempt to prevent her from leaving.

Ginny leaned in and kissed Draco, she pulled away slightly and muttered quickly, “Well if you insist…”

*~*~*~*~*


“I can’t believe Ginny would do that to you Harry!” Ron nearly shouted, as Harry told him what had transpired the previous night between himself and Ginny. “So you told her that you loved her too, and she told you that she didn’t love you anymore? Of course she loves you, I can’t believe she would do that to you mate.” Ron said trying to determine exactly what Harry was trying to tell him.

“I know, I couldn’t believe it either, honestly Malfoy has screwed with her mind, I’m sorry mate, I know she’s your sister but I don’t understand how she could want to be with him, he’s probably a deatheater for crying out loud!” Harry explained to Ron, trying to sound like the victim in the entire situation.

“Harry, she’s my baby sister, and I know what is best for her, and Malfoy is definitely not! Don’t give up, keep telling Ginny how you feel about her, she surely can’t ignore your feelings forever, she’ll eventually give in.” Ron was persistent, he didn’t think that Harry was the best person for his sister to be seeing, but in lieu of the present situation, Harry was exactly what Ginny needed.

*~*~*~*~*


Ginny and Draco walked into the Great Hall together holding hands, Draco smirking and Ginny giggling sweetly.

“Hey Harry, now’s your chance, go talk to Ginny again.” Ron prodded Harry towards the enormous doors of the Great Hall.

‘This is the perfect opportunity to catch Ginny off guard, Draco won’t know what to say either, this absolutely cannot go wrong…’ Harry thought. “Yeah, you’re right Ron, I’m going to go talk to Ginny, I’ll be right back.” Harry said before heading towards Draco and Ginny before they had a chance to sit down.

‘Oh no! Why is Harry coming over here? Why can’t he just leave me alone, why can’t he understand that I don’t want him? It seems like he is only out to cause turmoil in my life, I just want him out of my life forever so that I can be happy with Draco!’ Draco could see that Ginny was becoming inundated with confusion, he looked up and saw the source, and of course it was none other than Harry Potter.

Harry finally approached the couple, a fake look of suffering plastered across his face. “Ginny, I know when we talked last night that you didn’t want to hear me out, and I know that I did not take it very well, and I really regret it. I couldn’t sleep last night knowing that you didn’t completely understand how I feel about you, Ginny I love you so much and I realized yesterday that I can’t live without you.” Harry entirely ignored the fact that Draco was standing directly beside Ginny, he just rambled on trying to convince her that he really cared for her.

Draco finally stepped in, sensing that Ginny was too overwhelmed to respond to Harry’s speech. “Maybe you didn’t get this last night Potter, but Ginny doesn’t love you any more, I believe she demanded that you stay away from her, and this doesn’t look like staying away to me.” Draco became extremely protective of Ginny, he had seen her at her worst, and wouldn’t let her get to that state again, she had been through so much and he knew that his Ginevra did not deserve to be hurt again.

“I believe she can speak for herself Malfoy, now if you don’t mind, I’d like to speak to Ginny alone.” Harry commanded, grabbing Ginny’s arm to lead her away to somewhere private.

“Yes Harry, I can speak for myself, but you utterly ignore every word that I say. It’s obviously clear by the way you would not listen to me last night. So let me make it undeniably clear to you Potter, I do not love you, I do not want to be with you, I do not need you, and I want you to stay the hell away from me!” Ginny’s voice had become very loud, and everyone in the Great Hall was looking to see what the big kerfluffle was about. She was sick of Harry’s perseverance, he knew that she didn’t want him, but he would not give up until he caused problems in her relationship with Draco.

Harry was speechless, the entire student body had just seen him be rejected by Ginevra Weasley, and he could not produce the words to defend himself.

Ginny left the Great Hall, proud of herself for finally standing her ground, and not letting Harry get under her skin, ‘Harry will not ruin my life, I will never let that happen again.’ Draco quickly followed after aiming a threatening glare toward Harry.

‘Oh this is not over Ginevra, you will regret certainly regret that. No one humiliates Harry Potter, not even you, if I can’t have you then neither will Draco…’ Harry began plotting a scheme in his mind to split up Draco and Ginny, he was determined to be relentless, and he would not let them be together, he didn’t care what it took.

*~*~*~*~*


Harry stayed up all night devising his ‘flawless’ strategy, there was no way that Draco and Ginny could divert his conspiracy…not if Harry went directly to a source that neither of them could ignore.

The next morning at sun break, Harry headed up to the owlery, with two parchments. He attached the rolls of parchment to the legs of two school owls; he could not send Hedwig in case the recipients of the owl recognized that it belonged to Harry. If anyone discovered that Harry had been the sender the consequences would be disastrous, no action would be taken and his entire plot would be destroyed.

Harry gave the owls a treat, and sent them away, now he just had to wait, and his goal would unfold in due time…

*~*~*~*~*


Later that morning at the Burrow, Mrs. Weasley received an owl, when she unrolled the parchment and read its contents, she was shocked, to say the least.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Weasley:

I have some news in regards to your youngest child, and only daughter, Ginevra Weasley, that may be of concern to you.

It has come to my attention that she has become involved with a very dangerous individual, and I fear that she is no longer behaving as normal. In fact, she has become romantically involved with said person.

Ginevra is no longer speaking with her older brother Ronald, nor is she communicating with his best friend Harry Potter. As a matter of fact, yesterday morning, Harry Potter declared his love for her in the Great Hall, and Ginevra caused quite a scene by rejecting him and demanding that he never speak to her again.

Now, I have made my apprehensions abundantly clear to you, I assume you are quite anxious to hear the name of the person responsible for this transformation in your daughter. This person is none other than Draco Malfoy. Thus, I also fear that Ginevra is in physical danger, as it is a well-known truth that Lucius Malfoy, father of Draco Malfoy is a servant of He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, and is an active deatheater.

I hope that you will take this shocking information into consideration and take the necessary precautions to prevent Ginevra from being harmed any further.

Sincerely,
An alarmed and apprehensive friend

Harry had disguised the letter so well, that even Molly Weasley, a mother to him, could not recognize the author’s identity. Phase one of Harry’s plot had been successful, Mrs Weasley immediately flooed to the Ministry of Magic to discuss the situation with her husband. However, the Weasley’s were not aware that another letter had also been sent from the same ‘alarmed and apprehensive friend’ that morning.

*~*~*~*~*


Simultaneously, another letter was being opened at the Malfoy Manor. Lucius Malfoy was sitting in his private chambers when an unfamiliar owl appeared at the window. Lucius walked over and took the parchment from the leg of the owl, and unrolled it. When Lucius had finished reading the letter he was furious, livid in fact, he dropped the letter and rushed out of the room.

Dear Mr. Malfoy,

I have some news in regards to your only child, and heir to your fortune, Draco Malfoy, that may be of concern to you.

It has come to my attention that he has become involved with an individual who is a danger to the longstanding Malfoy reputation, and I fear that he is no longer behaving as normal. In fact, he has become romantically involved with said person, who might I add comes from a despicable family.

I believe that your son has acquired a weakness Mr. Malfoy, and I am certain that Malfoys do not look kindly upon others knowing their weaknesses. His romantic involvement with this person may be the most dangerous element of the situation, for he openly, and publicly, demonstrates his emotions, which can only prove to serve as a further weak point.

The family that this person comes from is pureblood, yes, but that is as far as their acceptable qualities go. They associate with Mudbloods, and are so poverty-stricken, that this family cannot afford proper clothing for their children. I am sure by now that you have determined whom Draco Malfoy has recently become close with.

Yes, in case there were any doubts in your mind, I shall verify your thoughts, the person who is now a weakness in your son’s life is none other than Ginevra Weasley, daughter of Arthur and Molly Weasley.

Now you must see where I find my trepidation, your son has blatantly disgraced the Malfoy name, and is currently damaging your family’s high-standing reputation with every moment that he spends with the girl.

I hope that this newfound information will be of great importance to you, and you will take the necessary precautions to prevent any further interaction between Draco Malfoy and Ginevra Weasley.

Sincerely,
A concerned and confounded individual

*~*~*~*~*


A/N: Alright guys, sorry that this chapter is a bit shorter than the others but there wasn’t much in the plot for me to write about without ruining the next few chapters. So basically this is just a transition to the next chapter, which I am currently working on.
dracosslytheringal
Leave a Review