I go back to my bed, lie down, and try to figure this all out, but I just can't. Everyone is always telling me how smart of a little girl I am, but apparently I'm not smart enough to get this. I mean, I can read real good, and I can sometimes know what adults are talking about, but I don't really know that much. I end up falling asleep, 'cause I am kind of tired, and when I wake up, it's already late in the morning. I slip out of bed and look around my room, which is pretty messy. Maybe Mummy and I will clean up later, I think, and I try to forget what happened last night, 'cause Mr. Snape would find Daddy and I don't have to worry about it anymore – even if he did look a little weird and was kind of scary.

And there’s something else I can’t stop thinking about – Mummy said she was going to accept Harry's proposal, but Harry said he didn't want to marry her just because she wants his help. So Mummy is not going to marry Harry, which is good, because she loves Daddy anyway, right?

Later, Mommy and I are picking up my toys and putting them in my toy box and I'm cleaning up my desk with all my colouring books. I get a little distracted because I find my Quidditch colouring books and I start to flip through it and look at the moving pictures, messily coloured in by me and my crayons. Mummy finishes cleaning up my toys, kisses me on the top of my head, and tells me to get some fresh air later today. I nod and continue looking at my colouring book.

After I'm done with it, I put it in the toy box and walk back over to my desk, seeing the Albus Dumbledore Chocolate Frog Card that Pansy Parkinson gave me again. Picking it up, I see Mr. Dumbledore sleeping.

"You're a very special card, did you know that?" I say to it, smiling, and putting it down. I pull my chair over and sit, looking at it.

Mr. Dumbledore's eyes open. He looks at me and his brows furrow inwards in confusion.

"You aren't Pansy," says Dumbledore with a blink of his eyes.

"No, I'm not. Pansy gave this card to me - but - Chocolate Frog Cards don't talk."

"Who are you, then?"

"Err - Rose."

He furrows his eyebrows in, "Full name, please."

"Narcissa Rose Weasley."

"Ah. I see. Pansy warned me."

"What?"

He takes in a deep breath and says, "To get to what you so dearly yearn,
There are a few things that one must learn.
Then down the stairs, look for the second on your right,
A pass that's average to the sight.
Tell what you know about what lies within:
A sinner who truly didn't mean to sin.
Then all hope will appear gone,
But just do what feels so simple and a yawn.
Then in you go, head inside,
Through the door who tried to hide.
In you go; down all the way
To yet another average passageway.
Speak the name of You-Know-Who.
And this is my last, the final clue:
Don't be alarmed when nothing you see
For this poem will set a prisoner free.
"

"Mr. Dumbledore, could you repeat that, please?" I say eagerly. And the Dumbledore on the card walks away. I stare blankly at it, turning it around. "Mr. Dumbledore?" I say again, looking back at it. "Come back, please!" And my eyes fill with tears and I begin to cry.

Suddenly Mr. Dumbledore walks back in, looking at me with pity. "Aw, I hate when little girls cry. The poem's written on my back. The back of this card. Look."

I flip the card over and see a poem appear in brilliant, golden letters. Mummy says that when I cry to get my way it is not appealing, but I am very happy with the way this turned out. Brightly, I say, "Thank you! But Mr. Dumbledore, what does it mean?" and flip the card back over, but Mr. Dumbledore is gone.




When I walk downstairs, I realize that I don't have a clue where I can even find these clues and passageways and stairs. In my own house? Probably not. I don't think I have any secret passageways in my house.

Mummy is talking in the fireplace, sitting in front of it. I peak around the corner, and I see Mr. Snape's scary face in the fire. He sees me, stares for a minute, and Mummy turns around and motions me to leave the room. I pretend to leave and when she looks away, I come back to listen and watch.

"Anyway, my visit at the Zabini household was more than just to thank him for helping me all these years," says Snape.

"Get to the point, Snape."

"Conor Branxton. He's the one who told the Ministry those lies about Malfoy, and all those assisted murders."

"But are you sure about that?"

"Positive. Zabini told me, and he has no reason to lie to me."

"Where can I find him?"

Mr. Snape looks confused. "Zabini?"

"No, Branxton. Conor Branxton."

"Oh. He still works in Knockturn Alley, but I wouldn't go there if I were you. No one ever goes there." I think that this is very cool, like a spy movie, but Snape sounds very bored.

"So, what? I should just give up?"

"Branxton isn't really necessary for finding Malfoy," says Snape with a sigh. "I'm just telling you who's behind all this. Branxton framed him for years until Potter destroyed the Dark Lord, and then disappeared."

"Why does he hate Draco so much?" wonders Mommy out loud.

"Zabini said that he just hates Malfoys in general, how they both failed at their tasks. May I go now? The Minister wants to personally apologize to me for all those years I've had to hide."

"Wow, all because Harry forgave you?"

A sly grin crosses Snape's face. "Indeed. I'll return when I have more information."

I quickly leave the room as Snape disappears, sitting at the kitchen table. Mummy walks in and I say, "I'm hungry."

She laughs. "Of course you are."

I smile. Conor Branxton, hmmm. He was the one that made all that bad stuff look like Daddy did it. Maybe I need to find Luna again and show her Mr. Dumbledore's poem, maybe she'll get it. Maybe Daddy is hidden in Conor Branxton's house? But how could I find it? I bet Mummy would know, I think to myself, looking at her as she makes me a sandwich. I can’t ask her, though. She would just get mad at me for “prying” – that’s what she calls it when I try to help, “prying” – and if I show her Mr. Dumbledore, she’ll take him away. She gives me my sandwich and I forget about Daddy and eat it instead.

When I finish, Mummy takes me upstairs and I take a bath, and then she braids my hair. Sometimes I don’t like it because it’s so bright and red and Mummy tells me to like it because it’s not very common. She says that she used to hate it too, since everyone knew she was a Weasley with it. But then she realized that that’s not a bad thing. And then she said, “Besides, it’s better than gray,” and she laughed, but I didn’t think it was funny so I didn’t laugh. Now, while she finished off the pretty red braid I smile and say, “I like my hair,” and she kisses my head and we go back downstairs.

Mummy is writing a letter when we hear a knock at the door. She goes to answer it and I go to see what she was writing. It's hard, though, because there's a lot to read and I don't want Mummy to see me reading her letter. It seems like the person at the door and Mummy have a lot to say to each other, so I look down and try to read.

'Mione;
Zabini told Snape that Conor Branxton framed Draco all those years. And Zabini is married to Pansy. I reckon these two know more than they're leading on. I'm going to visit later. And have I mentioned that Snape is a wretched man? I hope you are well and that my little nephew/niece is all cozy inside of you!


That's all she's written. I wonder what 'wretched' means. Meanwhile, there's someone at the door and I go over to see who it is.

It's Uncle Ron!

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I was upset that Rose's father is Malfoy. And if you need me, ever, for anything, know I'm here, okay?" He says this all very fast, and his face is bright red, but when he's done, Mummy throws her arms around him and gives him a tight hug, and when they let go, Uncle Ron looks past Mommy and sees me. "Hello there, you little tyke. Come give your uncle a hug." I go over and hug him tightly. He says, "Now that there's no more secrets to keep, I think I'll get to see you more often. And what with the baby on it's way, you're going to have a cousin! Isn't that exciting?"

I nod, "Yeah, 'specially since we're going to find my Daddy, and then my cousin will also get an uncle."

Mummy laughs, "Your cousin will have plenty uncles, don't you worry."

And I smile, cause I feel like a big happy family, and I like it that we don't have secrets anymore, because families aren't supposed to have secrets.

Author notes:

AN: Aw, Ickle Rosie - the secrets are yet to come.

To Be Continued.
sesiliah is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 40 members. Members who liked Mummy's Story also liked 990 other stories.
Leave a Review