Disclaimer: You think I own this? Please, if I did I wouldn’t be writing fan fiction, I’d be writing stories. But thanks for thinking that, =)

I shot up from my bed looking around frantically. Okay, this is still the girls’ dormitory, and everything is normal. I fell back into my maroon pillows and put my hands on my head. I started to rub my temples slowly with a bit of pressure as I tried to organize my thoughts. It happened again; the same dream. Why must I always have this dream repeatedly? Why is it always him? None of this makes any sense, this dreams are freaking bugging me.

“Ginny?” A voice cut me from my thoughts.

“Yeah, Hermione?”

“Go back to sleep.” She muttered as she twisted in her blankets.

I turned to other side and glanced at the time, 5:00. School didn’t start until about 3 hours from now. I closed my eyes hastily and tried to fall asleep. No luck. I kept trying for an hour, until I finally fell asleep, only to be woken again.

“Ginny, get up. Come on Ginny, get up!”

“I’m up Hermione; you don’t need to scream in my ear, every morning.”

“That is the only way to get you to wake up, every morning.” She commented as she walked out of the dormitory into the connected bathroom.

I lay in the bed for about 5 minutes until I forced myself out. I changed out of my pajamas and into my school clothes, the uniform and the school robe. After that, I walked into the bathroom. It was a light maroon color with everything looking gold. And there they were, Hermione, Parvati, Lavender, and Elizabeth, scrambling around the room trying to get ready. I stood next to Lavender and looked at myself in the mirror.

“Hey, do you want to use my curler? I enchanted it to curl in seconds, works on any hair.” Lavender asked enthusiastically out of no where. Her hair was tightly curled and had shimmer ribbons in it. To me it looked like she was all sparkly.

“Sure?” I answered questionably.

She grabbed the curler and a strand of my bright red hair and curled. She held it about a second or two and let it go. My hair was nicely curled to perfection. She did this about 4 more times, spreading it through out my hair.

“Ah! You look so cute!” She exclaimed showing Hermione, Elizabeth, and Parvati.

“That is so cool Lavender. Can I use it?”

Lavender started to curl Parvati’s hair while talking about some boy and how boys were so…confusing.

“You look amazing Ginny. Whoever you’re trying to impress will surely be impressed.” Hermione said walking out of the bathroom with me.

“I’m not trying to impress anybody.”

“Yeah? What about Michael?”

“We broke up.”

“Oh, well…I’m sorry.” Hermione seemed to be at a loss for words.

“Don’t worry about it; we’re still friends, I think.”

I questioned myself at this. Not many people had known about my relationship with Michael, maybe it was a good thing, I don’t know. Back in my fourth year, when I first went out with Michael, Ron didn’t know, neither did Harry or pretty much anybody who wasn’t in my year.

“We should go down to the Great Hall, right about now.” Hermione said quietly.

She opened the door as she walked out. I made sure I had my wand securely in my pocket and closed the door behind me. We walked down the flight of circling stairs silently. When we got to the common room, Harry and Ron were there waiting.

“About time you showed up Hermione, thought you were still sleeping.”

“Me? Sleep late? You should know me better Ron.” She replied.

“Let’s go. I’m really hungry, I swear it’s like I didn’t have dinner last night.” Harry’s voice was urgent.

“Harry, you didn’t have dinner last night.” I mentioned, and I swear I saw him blush, couldn’t tell. “Well, come on. I’m hungry too.” I said not trying to draw any attention to him.

I pulled on both Hermione and Ron’s arms, gesturing toward the portrait hole as Harry followed. We walked down the halls and the stairs and through the other halls in an awkward silence. We could only hear our own footsteps echoing through it until we heard noises, loud noises.

“Hurry up!” The yell echoed through the hall as Hermione, Ron and Harry looked at each other and said “Malfoy.”

“You guys can already guess who it is?” My voice was filled with confusion.

“Ginny, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that it’s Malfoy.” Hermione said with dullness.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Saint Potter, Mudblood, Weasel-bee and the Weaslette?” A voice commented with extreme disgust.

“Shut it Malfoy.” Harry said with building fury.

“And if I don’t? What’re you going to do about it Potter? Go off running to Dumbledore?”

“Malfoy, just leave us alone. No one wants you here.” I alleged.

“Potter, you really need your girlfriend standing up for you? How pathetic can you get?”

“I’m not his girlfriend.” I said sternly.

“No that’s the only reason why you trail behind him, isn’t it, like a little puppy?” His smirked face was annoying me.

“I don’t trail behind him, nor do I trail behind anybody.” I could tell my voice was getting higher that tended to happen when I start to get angry.

“Aren’t you feisty Weaslette?” His smirk was getting wider by the second as my temper raised.

“Oh shut up, you stupid git! Don’t you ever mind your own business? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable, arrogant, inconsiderate Mr. Tough Guy even though you are nothing close to it?” I shouted as my fury had gotten the better of me. I registered the fact that I was right in front of his face; one small movement forward from either of us and our lips would be touching.

“You might want to back off, Weasley; you do not want to mess with me.” He whispered through clenched teeth.

“Oh, Malfoy, you don’t know me one bit then.” My teeth were clenched as well as I stepped back.

I turned on my heel and started to walk away. I hurried down the hall with my steps slowing down with my heart beat. I heard footsteps running toward me, and then falling into step.

“Ginny, did you have any idea what you just did?” Ron’s voice was filled with fury.

“As a matter of fact, Ronald, I don’t even care. If Malfoy wants to pick on me, let him, it wouldn’t be the first time.”

“You have no idea what you’re messing with, you don’t want to mess with Malfoy, and it’s annoying for us and imagine you? You stood up to him; he will not leave you alone for one minute.”

“Hermione, I’ll be fine. I grew up with brothers who happen to be older than me, I know how to handle them and if Malfoy is as he seems, it’ll be a piece of cake knocking him of his pedestal.”

I started to walk faster trying to get away from them. I knew what I was doing; at least I think I did. I don’t know why I’ve doubted myself lately, first it was them, now I. They’re probably just watching out for me, I really wish they’d stop.

“Ginny!”

I spun around and saw my best friend in the world running to me.

“Hey Colin.”

“Hey Gin. Ron, Hermione, and Harry just told me about the whole thing about Malfoy. What caused the outburst?” His voice was out of breath but slowly returning to normal.

His blonde hair was all over the place and he’d grown up a lot. He had gotten a lot taller, just as tall as Harry, and his face looked more masculine, a lot less like a child’s. He didn’t carry the muggle camera anymore, though he did have it for major events such as Quidditch matches and such. His brother was like his shadow, and luckily his shadow wasn’t here.

“Nothing, it was just that Malfoy started to make fun of us and I had enough of it and told him off. They’re just worried that he’ll be bugging me, and I don’t care.” My voice was stern as we walked down the hall.

“You really should. You’ve seen what he’s done to them; do you really want him to do that to you?”

“Colin, he’s made fun of my family for years and I want him to stop. The only way is to give him a taste of his own medicine and maybe he’ll stop.”

“You still doubt yourself.” He pointed out as we turned down the hall.

“I am not. And even if I was, how?”

“You said ‘maybe he’ll stop’, if you were sure then you’d say ‘he’d stop’ but you don’t so, using maybe is a sign of being unsure.” As he said that I stopped, he turned to look at me with a confused expression.

“Are you saying that you doubt what I’m doing?”

His expression worsened as I said that. He started to walk up to me and placed his hands on my shoulders and looked down at me.

“I don’t doubt what you’re doing, honestly Ginny, I think it’s wonderful. It is about time Malfoy got a taste of his own medicine. All I’m saying is that maybe because everyone else doubts, you’ll start to doubt yourself. Maybe, I don’t know. I really do hope you’re not because if Ginny Weasley starts doubting herself, then the whole world might as well come to an end.”

At that, he made me smile. Colin always made me smile; the kid had a talent for it.

“Okay changing the subject, how have your dreams been going?”

“It happened again last night!” I groaned. “They just won’t stop! Except this one was a different, like it was farther ahead, like I was actually progressing in my dream.”

“How so?”

Colin always asked me about my reoccurring dreams. He was the only one who cared about it; he was the only one I’ve told.

“Well this time it was completely bizarre. I was walking into what looked like a classroom and then I told him, ‘let’s get started Lo-” My voice got cut by the person I least wanted to see.

“If it isn’t the Weaslette and the Mudblood? Got rid of that muggle toy of yours Mudblood?” He wore his usual sneer but this time it looked more joyful.

“Shut up Malfoy.” I spat out before Colin could; the one thing that angered me most was when anybody called either Hermione or Colin mudblood.

“Make me.” His voice was calm, stern and all at the same time anyone could tell that he was enjoying this.

“You really want me to? I can hex you all the way to next year and you could do nothing about it.”

“Oh, I’d love to see you try Weasley, but unfortunately how wonderful your pathetic attempt sounds like; I have no time for it.” He walked off.

“But you do have time to make fun of every one else, right? Or is it the fact that you know I can hex you, like I did last year, and you’re just afraid?”

He stopped in his tracks and turned around cautiously. He looked liked he was observing me. His cold, emotionless gray eyes stared into mine; I saw no emotion there except for anger.

“Why would I be afraid of you Weasley? How could I be afraid? You think you can beat me at my own game, don’t you? Well, you know what, you thought wrong.”

During all that, I never tore my eyes away from him, but the feel of Colin’s body stiffening brought me back to reality.

“Yeah? Prove it, Malfoy.” With that I walked off, dragging Colin with me.

“Have to run away every time Weasley? Aw, poor little Weaslette is scared.” His voice turned into the baby voice.

“I have absolutely nothing to say to you Malfoy, so if you think you’re going to win this battle with your empty threats, you’re wrong.” I said as I turned around and walked up to him. “You may have messed with Percy, Fred, George, and Ron, but you haven’t messed with me, so therefore you have no idea what you’re up against, Malfoy. So, you know what, I’d suggest you back off, because unless you want to see your little Death Eater Daddy this summer, don’t mess with this Weasley.” I turned and walked once again to the Great Hall, Colin following me. This time around, Malfoy gave up, or at least that’s what I hoped.
To Be Continued.
SlytherinAngelEyes is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Love Don't Cost a Thing also liked 277 other stories.
Leave a Review