Chapter Two: And Another to Forget

Ginevra was tired of feeling sorry for herself. No matter what she did with herself, Draco was obviously not coming back. Although that realization pained her, she knew she had to at least attempt to move on. She had arrived home at precisely 5:30 and immediately sent an owl to Luna. She was going to go out and have fun. Or she was at least going to force herself to have a semi-decent time. Without waiting around for a response, she shed her Head Healer robes and went to shower.

While under the water, Ginevra closed her eyes and thought about her life. She had never thought she would be in the position; it had to be a rare event where your boyfriend left you to join the church. She thought about how Ron had reacted when he found out.

…Six Months Ago…

“…and he said that he didn’t think it would work out. The way we were wasn’t doing it for him I guess. He felt like he was lying to me and pretending to be okay,” Ginny said tearfully. “I just wish I had realized what was going on. Maybe I could have stopped it.” When Ron looked at her with an unreadable expression, she snapped, “Ron, I don’t need you looking at me like I’m a bloody idiot. I know you were expecting him to leave me. Just say it.”

Ron gulped, “Gin…I really didn’t. At first, I did. I thought he was just doing this to mess with us. We’re all grown here though; I noticed how he treated you. He was good to you, and I can’t dislike a man who you obviously love…well, loved. Whatever you’re feeling.”

“Really? You don’t know how much that means to me, Won Won,” Ginny told him cheekily. Sobering, she added, “But, honestly, I was afraid you’d say something awful. I’m glad you’re here for me.”

Moving over to where she sat on the couch, Ron slung an arm over her shoulder. They sat in silence for a few minutes with her sniffling occasionally breaking through. Promising to Floo later, Ginny got up and left.

…Present…

Ginny stepped out of the shower feeling somewhat better. She had her family and friends behind her. After hearing a soft hooting from her bedroom window, she saw her owl, Vandana, with a note. It was Luna saying to come over to her flat around 9 to get ready to go to a new place she had just found.

Later, she was at Luna’s going through her closet. Ah, there it was: Luna’s dress she’d been eyeing for ages. It was knee length and a deep plum colour. Surprisingly, this particular shade didn’t clash with her hair. It had a modest v-neck but was also cut to a somewhat low v shape in the back. It was definitely a dress made for someone who was getting on with their life.

Luna had chosen, not a clichéd blue dress to set off her eyes and hair, but a lovely olive one. She wasn’t going to be lacking male attention tonight.

“Ginny,” Luna started airily, “you look so nice. But I feel like your aura’s changed colours since I last saw you. Did the Flaggerities visit you last night? Don’t worry, a simple mixture of honey and tomato sauce will restore it. Shall I prepare some before we go?” Luna began to turn towards her kitchen.

“It’s fine! Really, Luna. Thank you so much though. I appreciate your concern. Maybe some other time because I don’t want us to be late.”

“If you say so, dear. Well, grab onto my arm, and I’ll Apparate us there.”

Seconds later, Ginny landed outside of the pub. Looking up, the understated sign simply read Fili. Any other time, she would have walked passed without stopping. It didn’t even look like a club. Nevertheless, Luna and Ginny went up to the door. A tall muscular wizard nodded at them to go in.

Once inside, she immediately noticed how understated the place was decorated. It featured hardwood floors with blindingly white walls that had a black swirl pattern with hints of turquoise. Other than that, every piece of furniture was black leather. From the chaise lounges to the barstools. It had an undeniable cool feeling emanating from all areas. Plus, it seemed to be filled to the brim with handsome men who had all turned when she and Luna walked in.

The two walked over to the black granite bar, and she immediately ordered her favorite Muggle drink: a Manhattan. It was a strong drink and seemed sophisticated enough for the setting. Turning her back in order to lean against the bar top, she surveyed the room. She made eye contact with a black haired man who possessed neither grey nor green eyes. After all, she didn’t want people thinking she had a type. The man seemingly glided across the room to her side.

“You know, as soon as you finish that drink, I demand that you let me buy your next one. In fact, I may have to buy every one after this initial one.”

Laughing she asked, “Why? I’d only feel like I had to get yours then.”

“Because then no other man here would have the chance to make a good first impression.” Hm, that was a little odd. But maybe this guy just wasn’t good with first lines? “Before I forget, let me introduce myself. I’m Aleksander. And you are?”

“Oh, I’m Ginevra—well, Ginny. Pleasure to meet you.”

For the rest of the night, Ginny and Aleks (as he preferred to be called) chatted about their lives. He worked for a wizarding bank but not Gringotts. It had been one she’d never heard of. He was originally from the Ukraine and had his schooling there but he’d come to Britain after matriculating in order to work for the bank. He had no siblings, and his parents had both died as he was preparing to leave for the UK. Ginny felt bad for someone who really had no family left. Like Draco. His father had died after the war, so his mother was the only person he had left. It had been before they’d dated but it still—no, she wouldn’t think about him. Especially when she had such a good prospect in front of her. He seemed articulate, intelligent, kind, and he was quite good looking. She had to admit she was shocked by how good of a time she was having with him. Quickly glancing around allowed her to see that Luna was having a nice time talking to...wait a minute. Was that who she thought it was?

“Aleks, I think my friend has run into an old acquaintance of ours. I really should go over and say hello.”

“Is that just your way of abandoning me?” He asked with slight grin. “I kind of thought we had been getting along.”

“No! I mean we were. We are,” she stammered. “I mean, no, I’m not abandoning you, and yes, we are getting along. I really do see someone Luna and I know.”

Looking relieved he had asked permission to Floo her sometime. “For tea or something. But don’t think for a second that I’ll let you pay.”

“Yes, I think that would be nice. You buy the tea, and I’ll get the biscuits.” She reached over to squeeze his arm.

Then, she walked towards Luna and a certain former Slytherin she hadn’t seen in a very long time.

Author notes: Thanks for reading! I hope you liked it. Don't forget to review, so I feel the love for my story! :)

Leave a Review